New Backyard Professor Video on DNA and the Book of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: New Backyard Professor Video on DNA and the Book of Mormon

Post by Shulem »

Brant wrote:I'm the Book of Mormon expert around here. Kerry, the Backyard Professor, doesn't know jack. Shave off that beard, Kerry, you look like an apostate.

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

The this is.... Brant is a really good guy. That's what makes it sorta sad. I mean, wow to be reduced to that.....
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:43 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P44ilOTQCLQ

Here I systematically explore the topic using the Mormon prophets ideas, and then the Mormon apologists ideas. I compare the science of DNA and discuss the various strategies of apologists to try and answer the science of DNA refuting the Book of Mormon. Well worth watching if this topic interests you. Many of the comments show me this topic is needed and greatly appreciated by a lot of people. Come and enjoy an hour of packed information, beautiful scenery, and a careful look at apologetic strategies and why they utterly fail.
Excellent video.

At this point I think it would be better for the apologists to argue that the Book of Mormon is just a parable and that Elohim is just a fallible E.T. being.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:15 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:43 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P44ilOTQCLQ

Here I systematically explore the topic using the Mormon prophets ideas, and then the Mormon apologists ideas. I compare the science of DNA and discuss the various strategies of apologists to try and answer the science of DNA refuting the Book of Mormon. Well worth watching if this topic interests you. Many of the comments show me this topic is needed and greatly appreciated by a lot of people. Come and enjoy an hour of packed information, beautiful scenery, and a careful look at apologetic strategies and why they utterly fail.
Excellent video.

At this point I think it would be better for the apologists to argue that the Book of Mormon is just a parable and that Elohim is just a fallible E.T. being.
They won't do the Book of Mormon thing for a while, but the E.T. thing has already been agreed upon and admitted by Daniel C. Peterson in his debate with Michael Shermer. God is E.T.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:55 pm
They won't do the Book of Mormon thing for a while, but the E.T. thing has already been agreed upon and admitted by Daniel C. Peterson in his debate with Michael Shermer. God is E.T.
Are they now saying god is simply an alien who makes mistakes?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:43 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:55 pm
Are they now saying god is simply an alien who makes mistakes?
Oh no. This Elohim alien is perfect, though embodied...