New Backyard Professor Video on DNA and the Book of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

New Backyard Professor Video on DNA and the Book of Mormon

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P44ilOTQCLQ

Here I systematically explore the topic using the Mormon prophets ideas, and then the Mormon apologists ideas. I compare the science of DNA and discuss the various strategies of apologists to try and answer the science of DNA refuting the Book of Mormon. Well worth watching if this topic interests you. Many of the comments show me this topic is needed and greatly appreciated by a lot of people. Come and enjoy an hour of packed information, beautiful scenery, and a careful look at apologetic strategies and why they utterly fail.
Shulem
God

Re: New Backyard Professor Video on DNA and the Book of Mormon

Post by Shulem »

I'm watching Star Wars Empire Strikes Back and now I'm supposed to watch this?

Well, OK.

:lol:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Oh goody! A Mark E Peterson quote! I actually met that dirty bastard while serving my mission in London.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:45 am
I'm watching Star Wars Empire Strikes Back and now I'm supposed to watch this?
You are already fresh on Midiclorian counts.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

The apologists can try to neutralize the incredible power that DNA research has shown but in doing so they are fighting against science. It's like trying to neutralize the hieroglyphic writing in Facsimile No. 3, in order to show that Smith's translations can somehow be correct like Kerry Muhlestein says, thus Smith correctly translated the Facsimile.

Book of Mormon God teaches that to be dark and loathsome is a sign of wickedness and a curse but to be white and delightsome shows one's faith in God and that they are righteous. That's the main DNA message having come down from the Book of Mormon! If you're dark then you come from DNA that sprung wickedness but if you're white then you are favored of the Lord. For example, look at Facsimile No. 3, wherein the teachings of the Book of Mormon are clearly taught: The light colored people are fair and delightsome, a goodly king and a prophet come together to praise God but the dark colored man is a slave having been given that station because he was less valiant in the preexistence.

That is the tangled web of Mormonism and anyone who ventures in it will be caught, bitten, wrapped up, and devoured. Beware!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

The apologists claim that Lamanite lineage and history is difficult to test through DNA information.

"No, it's not, it's an absolute piece of cake", says the Backyard Professor!

Yeah, baby, it's a piece of cake!

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:26 pm
The light colored people are fair and delightsome, a goodly king and a prophet come together to praise God...
They were exposed to Mormonium radiation during the Heaven War, causing an overgrowth of valiancy.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Who are the Lamanites?

Post by Shulem »

JUST QUOTE JOE!

And that which I have appointed unto him is that he shall go with my servants, Oliver Cowdery and Peter Whitmer, Jun., into the wilderness among the Lamanites.

And now, behold, I say unto you that you shall go unto the Lamanites and preach my gospel unto them; and inasmuch as they receive thy teachings thou shalt cause my church to be established among them; and thou shalt have revelations, but write them not by way of commandment.

And now, behold, I say unto you that it is not revealed, and no man knoweth where the city Zion shall be built, but it shall be given hereafter. Behold, I say unto you that it shall be on the borders by the Lamanites.

And thou shalt assist to settle all these things, according to the covenants of the church, before thou shalt take thy journey among the Lamanites.

And be you afflicted in all his afflictions, ever lifting up your heart unto me in prayer and faith, for his and your deliverance; for I have given unto him power to build up my church among the Lamanites;

But before the great day of the Lord shall come, Jacob shall flourish in the wilderness, and the Lamanites shall blossom as the rose.

And thus you shall take your journey into the regions westward, unto the land of Missouri, unto the borders of the Lamanites.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Poor Brant Gardner has to somehow minimize the problem with DNA and the Book of Mormon but it's a lost cause.

Likewise, how do you minimize the problem that there is no king's name in Facsimile No. 3? Isn't it just as important that there is a king's name in Facsimile No. 3, as there are other names written in the chapters or text of the story itself? If there is no king's name in the actual hieroglyphic text of Facsimile No. 3, then what does that tell us about the names Smith translated from the papyrus which were put into the story, such as Onitah?

Isn't it true that Smith just made the name "Onitah" up out of thin air? What about "Shulem"? Didn't Smith just make that up too and call it Egyptian?

I'm afraid that Lamanite DNA is proof that Mormonism is false just like the name "Shulem" is falsely attributed to the hieroglyphic writing of Facsimile No. 3.

My friends, these are SLAM DUNKS!

Come on John Gee, refute that!

We here at Discuss Mormonism are laughing at you. Do you think you can take the Backyard Professor and Shulem on at the same time? Oh, wouldn't that be fun!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:08 pm
Poor Brant Gardner has to somehow minimize the problem with DNA and the Book of Mormon but it's a lost cause.

Likewise, how do you minimize the problem that there is no king's name in Facsimile No. 3? Isn't it just as important that there is a king's name in Facsimile No. 3, as there are other names written in the chapters or text of the story itself? If there is no king's name in the actual hieroglyphic text of Facsimile No. 3, then what does that tell us about the names Smith translated from the papyrus which were put into the story, such as Onitah?

Isn't it true that Smith just made the name "Onitah" up out of thin air? What about "Shulem"? Didn't Smith just make that up too and call it Egyptian?

I'm afraid that Lamanite DNA is proof that Mormonism is false just like the name "Shulem" is falsely attributed to the hieroglyphic writing of Facsimile No. 3.

My friends, these are SLAM DUNKS!

Come on John Gee, refute that!

We here at Discuss Mormonism are laughing at you. Do you think you can take the Backyard Professor and Shulem on at the same time? Oh, wouldn't that be fun!
Well, there is an Oneida indian tribe in Joseph Smith's area when he was alive, and Onita could very well simply be a takeoff from that...