Ancient Italy: The true Book of Mormon location

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: Ancient Italy: The true Book of Mormon location

Post by _Kishkumen »

Calculus Crusader wrote:Yes, Joseph Smith's translation of the Book of Mormon is "richly anaphoric."

Indeed it is! On the first level, we have the Jaredite material, which is buried in an overlay of Nephite material, because the Nephites essentially cribbed a Jaredite record. Then there is the Joseph Smith layer. Wow, talk about hard to unravel!
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

I certainly hope I am not detecting any anti-Minoanism in the glaring absence of investigation of Minoan/Jaredite connections. After all there is a town of Minoa located in Onondaga County in upstate New York, and if that doesn't prove something I don't know what does!
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Blixa wrote:I certainly hope I am not detecting any anti-Minoanism in the glaring absence of investigation of Minoan/Jaredite connections. After all there is a town of Minoa located in Onondaga County in upstate New York, and if that doesn't prove something I don't know what does!

I do not neglect the Jaredite-Minoans in my work, Blixa. The Etruscans and Minoans both hail from the Jaredite Ur civilization, and the evidence you raise is indeed intriguing. Undoubtedly the people of the town Minoa took that name from the local native inhabitants, who continued to remember in small kernels of myth and the retention of ancient names their Jaredite cousins in the eastern Mediterranean.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

I will answer the questions that have been raised, but I'm out of town and posting on my phone today, so I can't link to the references I want to share.

For now, I think you all need to remember that a careful reading of the Book of Mormon and consideration of its layers and nuances will help your appreciation of these compelling parallels. You shouldn't look for the the Book of Mormon in Italy. Look for Italy in the Book of Mormon.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Darth J wrote:You shouldn't look for the the Book of Mormon in Italy. Look for Italy in the Book of Mormon.

Well and truly written, Darth J.
_MCB
_Emeritus

Post by _MCB »

Darth, in response to Pahoran's critique, I would like to integrate your Italian theory into the book. My primary focus will still be on the MexiCanadian theory, but he did have a good case for it not being only that. Of course, I will give you the credit for your discovery. What I propose is a list of bullseyes, in the Mopologist tradition, rather than a paragraph form. Unless you want me to simply present your argument in paragraph form, in the appendices. Whichever (or both).

What do you think?
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm
_Uncle Dale
_Emeritus

Post by _Uncle Dale »

MCB wrote:I would like to integrate your Italian theory into the book...

Don't forget to include Helorum, on the island of Sicily --
yet another Lehite name in the Mediterranean.

UD
-- the discovery never seems to stop --
_MCB
_Emeritus

Post by _MCB »

Woooo---- thank you. :)
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm
_Calculus Crusader
_Emeritus

Post by _Calculus Crusader »

Incidentally, Darth J, as someone who is 1/4 Italian (and 1/8 Portuguese), your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Caeli enarrant gloriam Dei

(I lost access to my Milesius account, so I had to retrieve this one from the mothballs.)
_Calculus Crusader
_Emeritus

Post by _Calculus Crusader »

Kishkumen wrote:
I do not neglect the Jaredite-Minoans in my work, Blixa. The Etruscans and Minoans both hail from the Jaredite Ur civilization, and the evidence you raise is indeed intriguing. Undoubtedly the people of the town Minoa took that name from the local native inhabitants, who continued to remember in small kernels of myth and the retention of ancient names their Jaredite cousins in the eastern Mediterranean.

And surely the Aeneid is but a garbled remembrance of the Book of Mormon!
Caeli enarrant gloriam Dei

(I lost access to my Milesius account, so I had to retrieve this one from the mothballs.)