Shulem Cracks the Book of Ether! Jaredite Expedition & Geography is Revealed!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Shulem Cracks the Book of Ether! Jaredite Expedition & Geography is Revealed!

Post by Dr. Shades »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:15 pm
The Land of Nephi *IS* the Delmarva peninsula.
Then where was the land of first inheritance?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracks the Book of Ether! Jaredite Expedition & Geography is Revealed!

Post by Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:24 am
Shulem wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:15 pm
The Land of Nephi *IS* the Delmarva peninsula.
Then where was the land of first inheritance?

Dr. Shades,

The Book of Mormon makes it clear that Lehi inherited the southernmost tip of an island like land -- a peninsula that hangs off the promised land which Nephi saw as landmass and territory of the United States of America that existed in the days of Joseph Smith. The cardinal directions are central to this theme. The seas are also central and the rivers going up into the landmass from the narrow neck are also at play. The narrow neck is the golden key, the golden ticket in identifying Book of Mormon geography.

1. The Jaredites left the old world via a trek northward and then turning to cross the Black Sea on barges. They piloted their way through the strait into the Mediterranean and crossed the entire span of that great sea until they came to the strait that leads out into the open Atlantic. There they settled down at the southern coast of Spain for 4 years and then made special barges in which they would cross the Atlantic. The barges remained adrift at sea for nearly a year being blown by a wind caused by God in order to blow them across the entire Atlantic. They landed south of Boston at Plymouth just as the Mayflower did when it brought the first Pilgrims to their promised land.

2. Lehi took his family down south to the Arabian coast. They existed there for several years and Nephi built a ship. They sailed south and hooked around Africa until they entered the Atlantic and proceeded northward. In a metaphorical sense they waved at north Africa and the Spanish coast from a great distance as they were out in the middle of the Atlantic crossing the main body towards America. They did not come anywhere close to Spain but it's a figure of speech to say they waved at Spain as I was just making a point or gesture that at some point in the middle of the Atlantic the Nephites crossed the same area the Jaredites did when they made their crossing from Spain. Finally, Lehi landed at the southern tip of Delmarva.

That's it in a nutshell and I hope it helps you see the big picture. I encourage you to read both of the threads I've presented on this board. Joseph Smith has visited your board through me. Ain't that cool? I think it is! Look, I know you are aware that I have a great insights into the Book of Abraham and I also do for the Book of Mormon if not more so. So, take advantage of that and read up.

thanks

Shulem
God

Re: The Final Leg

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:12 pm

<snip>

If you have not read this thread, I encourage you to do so and connect the dots with me as the Jaredites leave their native homeland and camp or rather settle on the southern coast of Spain in preparing for their voyage across the great deep. I've decided not to get into details of that journey but keep this thread simple and conclude with the final leg of the journey.

Ether 6 wrote: 11 And thus they were driven forth, three hundred and forty and four days upon the water.

• they boarded their vessels or barges, and set forth into the sea
  • wind blow upon the face of the waters, TOWARDS the promised land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the wind
  • And it came to pass that they were many times buried in the depths of the sea
  • their vessels being tight like unto a dish, and also they were tight like unto the ark of Noah; therefore when they were encompassed about by many waters
  • And it came to pass that the wind did never cease to blow TOWARDS the promised land while they were upon the waters
  • they were driven forth; and no monster of the sea could break them, neither whale that could mar them
  • And they did land upon the shore of the promised land

I want to add an important point for the record in order to aid in visualizing the final leg of the Jaredite journey when they set forth from Spain towards the promised land across the "great deep" -- the Atlantic Ocean.

• "suffer not that they shall go forth across this raging deep in darkness" (Ether 3:3)
  • "bringing them  across the great deep into the promised land" (Ether 7:27)
  • "bringing Jared and his brother across the deep" (Ether 10:2)
Shulem
God

Re: The Final Leg

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:07 pm
I want to add an important point for the record in order to aid in visualizing the final leg of the Jaredite journey when they set forth from Spain towards the promised land across the "great deep" -- the Atlantic Ocean.
  • "bringing them  across the great deep into the promised land" (Ether 7:27)

I feel that an important point has been made in showing how Smith imagined the Jaredites leaving the Spanish coast and floating off into oblivion to cross the great deep (Atlantic) in order to reach America. It seems in this case that direction and a straight course is the intended path towards the target. But contrast this with how Lehi's voyage is described and there is a marked difference between the two. In Lehi's case we are given an abstract description of how they embarked from Arabia (beginning southward) into the Indian Ocean and on their way to the promised land:

1 Nephi 18:8 wrote:And it came to pass after we had all gone down into the ship, and had taken with us our provisions and things which had been commanded us, we did put forth into the sea and were driven forth before the wind towards the promised land.

How can Lehi go towards the promised land if he first sails south into the Indian Ocean? In this case the course of their voyage was not a straight line from beginning to end, so the use of the word towards is given in a generic and abstract way to express distance that leads to the end result. The difference between the Jaredite and Lehi's voyage is expressed in a matter of perspective in how Smith wanted to explain things, but always kept the geography and exact locations a secret except for the coast of Arabia.

So, the Jaredite voyage across the great deep is really just a trip across one side of the pond to the other side wherein the wind blew constantly in a single direction pushing the barges for 344 days.