Shulem Cracks the Book of Ether! Jaredite Expedition & Geography is Revealed!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Behold, I say unto you:

Post by Shulem »

Listen to the voice of Shulem here on Discuss Mormonism because he knows my voice and will reveal the Jaredite journey to you as I planned it before narrating my story to brother Oliver.

Joseph Smith
Shulem
God

Re: The Journey

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:40 pm
PARADISE OF THE GARDEN OF EDEN

The Jaredites left Babel and traveled northward to the valley of Nimrod. They went into the wilderness where man had never been and built barges and crossed many waters. Eventually they arrived at the the point in their journey where they must cross the great deep which leads to the promised land.

AGAIN, the Jaredites left Babel to go down into the valley of Nimrod. The account clearly tells us that they should go forth into the wilderness, yea, into that quarter where there never had man been. Note also that it would be given unto them where they should go or the directions whither they should travel. Thus, they did travel in the wilderness beyond the borders of the known world.

So, they left the map and went into no-man’s land until the came to the BLUE KEY!

click for close-up (1801. London)

Shulem
God

The Blue Key

Post by Shulem »

Ether 2:6 wrote:And it came to pass that they did travel in the wilderness, and did build barges, in which they did cross MANY WATERS, being directed continually by the hand of the Lord.

In order to understand what the BLUE KEY *IS* we must first understand what it is not.

It is NOT a:

1) Puddle
2) Pond
3) Pool
4) Creek
5) Stream
6) River
7) Lake

Therefore, the BLUE KEY is not fresh water.
Shulem
God

Re: Ocean Water

Post by Shulem »

So, therefore, the BLUE KEY must be ocean water or a sea that is interconnected to the ocean.

Joseph Smith invented a fictitious name to represent ocean water when Lehi founded the land Bountiful that bordered along the Arabian Sea. The name is “Irreantum”.

1 Nephi 17:5 wrote:And we did come to the land which we called Bountiful, because of its much fruit and also wild honey; and all these things were prepared of the Lord that we might not perish. And we beheld the sea, which we called Irreantum, which, being interpreted, is many waters.

Smith symbolically applied “Irreantum” to universally represent all the ocean of the earth in describing earth’s geography whereon the church of the whore sat in contrast to the church of the Lamb.

1 Nephi 14:11,12 wrote:And it came to pass that I looked and beheld the whore of all the earth, and she sat upon many waters; and she had dominion over all the earth, among all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people.

And it came to pass that I beheld the church of the Lamb of God, and its numbers were few, because of the wickedness and abominations of the whore who sat upon many waters; nevertheless, I beheld that the church of the Lamb, who were the saints of God, were also upon all the face of the earth; and their dominions upon the face of the earth were small, because of the wickedness of the great whore whom I saw.

Smith also symbolically applied “Irreantum” in a local fashion to describe ocean within a limited range.

1 Nephi 13:10-13 wrote:And it came to pass that I looked and beheld many waters; and they divided the Gentiles from the seed of my brethren.

And it came to pass that the angel said unto me: Behold the wrath of God is upon the seed of thy brethren.

And I looked and beheld a man among the Gentiles, who was separated from the seed of my brethren by the many waters; and I beheld the Spirit of God, that it came down and wrought upon the man; and he went forth upon the many waters, even unto the seed of my brethren, who were in the promised land.

And it came to pass that I beheld the Spirit of God, that it wrought upon other Gentiles; and they went forth out of captivity, upon the many waters.

Therefore, let’s now decipher a key verse in Ether in order to understand an important part of the journey that involved the building of the first set of barges to ferry the Jaredites away from land of Nimrod.
Shulem
God

Re: The Black Sea

Post by Shulem »

Ether2:6 wrote:
And it came to pass that they did travel in the wilderness, and did build barges, in which they did cross many waters THE BLACK SEA, being directed continually by the hand of the Lord.

Zoom here

And so, they launched their barges out upon the east coast of the Black Sea. They rowed or sailed along the shores hugging the southern coast heading westward until they came to the legendary straight of Constantinople which would lead them out of the Black Sea where they prepare for the next stage of the journey. Note how the map shows the boundary between Europe and Asia cut right through and divide one of world’s most famous straights, Bosporus, which is the Strait of Istanbul. Zoom into the isthmus at the far southwest lower side of the Black Sea in the map and the strait is clearly revealed.

Isn’t this exciting? Welcome to the Jaredite zone!

Would you like to know more? Aren't you glad to be here?

:-)
Last edited by Shulem on Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shulem
God

Go through the straits

Post by Shulem »

Ether 2:6 wrote:. . . being directed continually by the hand of the Lord.

FIRST CLUE:
Ether 2:13 wrote:And now I proceed with my record; for behold, it came to pass that the Lord did bring Jared and his brethren forth even to that great sea which divideth the lands.

SECOND CLUE:
Ether 2:13 wrote:And now I proceed with my record; for behold, it came to pass that the Lord did bring Jared and his brethren forth even to that great sea which divideth the lands.

:idea: :idea:
Shulem
God

Re: Go through the straits

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:35 pm

FIRST CLUE:

SECOND CLUE:

Now, let us solve this part of the puzzle using the TWO clues above that brother Joseph gave us in the very text of his script. Imagine what Joseph was thinking as he visualized the journey and carefully crafted his words with description to define exactly what was in his mind. Here are the keys to solve this puzzle using the clues:

FIRST

That great sea is the Mediterranean Sea. It’s the “great sea” defined as such in the Bible! Smith was exact in using this terminology to reflect what he was visualizing in his story. It’s a perfect bullseye!

Numbers 34:6,7 wrote:And as for the western border, ye shall even have the great sea for a border: this shall be your west border.

And this shall be your north border: from the great sea ye shall point out for you mount Hor:
Joshua 1:4 wrote:From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.
Joshua 9:1 wrote:And it came to pass, when all the kings which were on this side Jordan, in the hills, and in the valleys, and in all the coasts of the great sea over against Lebanon, the Hittite, and the Amorite, the Canaanite, the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite, heard thereof;
Joshuah 15:12,47 wrote:And the west border was to the great sea, and the coast thereof. This is the coast of the children of Judah round about according to their families.

Ashdod with her towns and her villages, Gaza with her towns and her villages, unto the river of Egypt, and the great sea, and the border thereof:
Joshua 23:4 wrote:Behold, I have divided unto you by lot these nations that remain, to be an inheritance for your tribes, from Jordan, with all the nations that I have cut off, even unto the great sea westward.

SECOND

That great sea which divideth the lands is the Mediterranean Sea that is surrounded by all the lands mentioned by Joshua in the above biblical citations. The lands being the holy land, Europe, and Africa. All of those lands surround the great sea dividing the lands with water.

It’s a bullseye!

;)
Shulem
God

Great Sea Vs. Sea

Post by Shulem »

I should also mention something with regard to the sea as expressed by Joseph Smith in the Book of Mormon. Look again at the account given in Nephi and you will clearly see that the definition and biblical name for “great sea” (Mediterranean Sea) does not apply to Nephi’s description of the Arabian Sea. This sea falls under the classification of many waters but not the “great sea”.

1 Nephi 17:5,6 wrote:5 And we did come to the land which we called Bountiful, because of its much fruit and also wild honey; and all these things were prepared of the Lord that we might not perish. And we beheld the sea, which we called Irreantum, which, being interpreted, is many waters.

6 And it came to pass that we did pitch our tents by the seashore; and notwithstanding we had suffered many afflictions and much difficulty, yea, even so much that we cannot write them all, we were exceedingly rejoiced when we came to the seashore; and we called the place Bountiful, because of its much fruit.

Note how the Arabian Sea is just the “sea” having seashore as would any sea. It is NOT the “great sea” and neither does it border the lands or seashores explained by Joshua in the Bible. Clearly, there can be no mistake about it, Smith was referencing the Mediterranean Sea in which the Jaredites approached after leaving the Black Sea. The Book of Mormon language is unmistakably clear in this matter. You can’t argue against the text but you can properly interpret it as I’ve done in this thread.

But apologists who vie for the oceans off China or Arabia as the Jaredite sea will simply say that these events occurred long before Joshua was born to give his definition in associating the “great sea” with the Mediterranean. But the fact remains that Nephi came after and if the the Arabian Sea was part of or considered the “great sea” he would have said so just as it does in the Ether account.
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracks the Book of Ether! Jaredite Expedition & Geography is Revealed!

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:49 am
Ether 2:7 wrote:And the Lord would not suffer that they should stop beyond the sea in the wilderness, but he would that they should come forth even unto the land of promise, which was choice above all other lands, which the Lord God had preserved for a righteous people.

And suddenly, in just a couple of verses after having gone forward to go forth into the wilderness into that quarter where there never had man been, they reach the end of the line. The journey by land is over and the sea has now become all that lies before their face and the land they traversed is at their backs. All that happened rather very quickly after making their trek northward from the land of Babel. So, where are they now? At what part of the globe is Smith looking at as he formulates his story and contemplates the construction of 8 barges to cross the ocean?

Where are the Jaredites on the map? All we were told is that they headed out of town northward into the valley of Nimrod and the Lord directed them from there where to go. And a couple of verses later they’ve reached the sea. What sea? It must be a sea that separates them from where they are at that very point, between them and the land of promise, which is America.

Where are they? Where is Joseph’s finger on the globe?

And now it makes more sense when you put the above verse into proper perspective from Smith’s point of view as the map is burned into his mind’s eye. The Jaredites did not stop beyond the sea in the wilderness -- or in other words, after they left the wilderness and crossed the Black Sea they didn’t “STOP” there but went on until they reached the promised land! The close association of wilderness with that sea shows they were adjacent and that after crossing the sea with the barges they regrouped and rested at Moriancumer for four years, but the journey did not stop there.

You can forget crossing China and the Pacific Ocean. Hugh Nibley was dead wrong. That was the furthest thing from Smith’s mind. And, apologists can forget about the the Arabian Sea down south. The story makes no allusion whatsoever about backtracking and going southward. The story is clear they headed north down into the valley of Nimrod and thereafter built barges and crossed many waters.

The model that I present on this board is the ONLY model that fits Smith’s narrative, period! For those who are following along, I hope you can see that and are not blind to the truth. Let go of what the apologists have been telling you. Let go of your preconceived ideas and let Shulem set the record straight.

PS. I no longer hold any ill feelings or contempt for Joseph Smith the founder of Mormonism. I do not hate him and am no longer angry with him for all the lies and shenanigans he is responsible for.
Last edited by Shulem on Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drumdude
God

Re: Shulem Cracks the Book of Ether! Jaredite Expedition & Geography is Revealed!

Post by drumdude »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:49 pm
PS. I no longer holds any ill feelings or contempt for Joseph Smith the founder of Mormonism. I do not hate him and am no longer angry with him for all the lies and shenanigans he is responsible for.
He did a great job of worming his way into our heads. I'm not angry at him either, instead I just find the history endlessly fascinating. Also it never ceases to teach me the valuable lesson that anyone, even extremely smart people, can believe ridiculous things. Myself included.