Shulem Cracks the Book of Ether! Jaredite Expedition & Geography is Revealed!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracks the Book of Ether! Jaredite Expedition & Geography is Revealed!

Post by Shulem »

:oops:
Last edited by Shulem on Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
huckelberry
God

Re: Shulem Cracks the Book of Ether! Jaredite Expedition & Geography is Revealed!

Post by huckelberry »

shulem , remove drunken post it is spoiling the thread
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:05 pm
shulem , remove drunken post it is spoiling the thread

I apologize for those posts. I accidentally drank too much last night. I didn't mean to do that. I ran out of coke and poured straight whiskey on the rocks and got really toasted. I don't want to do that again. It was an honest oversight and I was watching a Pink Floyd concert while posting and it got away from me. My mind was in the gutter.

I sincerely apologize for that bad behavior on my part.

I've removed those offensive and awful posts and went through and cleaned up the mess.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Shulem, thanks you are a gentleman. I hope what ever hangover you might have got is not to nasty.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:39 pm
Shulem, thanks you are a gentleman. I hope what ever hangover you might have got is not to nasty.

Thank you for the consideration. I'm afraid that Friday night celebrations got the better of me and I simply lost track of myself in all the noise. I think, however, I've learned a valuable lesson. Drinking hard liquor like it's soda pop is very foolish and most unhealthy. I truly am ashamed of my poor behavior and lack of self-control last night. And, yes, it was an awful hangover.

Of course, had I placed this thread up in the Celestial Forum as I originally planned then perhaps none of this would have happened!

Again, thanks for your response in this matter.
Lem
God

Re: Deseret

Post by Lem »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:31 am
Okay, okay. I've been on a bit of a tirade but it's Lem's fault for not getting back fast enough to tell me to post this thread in the Celestial Forum where I have to be nice.

;)
:o Oh no! My bad, definitely. I will be much more prompt in the future.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:10 am
Shulem wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:12 pm
Why must this God always be angry when people refuse to do what he demands?
Think how different history would have been with benevolent 5-year plans to advance the narrative.
They certainly would have beaten more swords into plowshares. It may have kept people from saying such things as, "Like Mohammed, whose motto in treating for peace was, ‘the Alcoran or the Sword.’ So should it be eventually with us, ‘Joseph Smith or the Sword’”.
-- History of the Church 3:167
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

“deseret, which, by interpretation, is a honey bee”

Post by Shulem »

I’m back!

😊

And now, without further ado, I will delve deeper into Smith’s “deseret”. The printer’s manuscript of the Book of Mormon in Cowdery’s handwriting capitalizes the word but a corrective pencil scribbles a “d” over the capital letter and that’s how it ended up in the final print. The original word must have been given emphatically with important expression. So, how on earth did Smith come up with the name deseret for honey bee? I’m going to propose an interesting idea on how he may have invented the word for his Jaredites. Now, I realize this is going to sound over the top and some of you will balk, but hey, I remind you we are dealing with Joseph Smith where EVERYTHING is over the top. Okay?

Now, let me start out by saying that it wasn’t overly uncommon for people in Smith’s time to say “adieu” rather than goodbye or some other word to express that meaning. Everyone who has read the Book of Mormon knows that Smith snuck the French word into his script, case in point, Jacob saying, “I bid farewell, hoping that many of my brethren may read my words. Brethren, adieu.”

I just love a little French right there in the Book of Mormon. Way to go Joe! Such marvelous expression!

So, is it possible that the Jaredite word for honey bee is also a kind of borrowing from the French? How could that be? I will explain that in my next post. And, you are in for the surprise of your life! Or will I have egg on my face? You get to decide.

This is going to be so much fun!

:D
Shulem
God

Before we discuss the French, let’s have something to eat!

Post by Shulem »

It’s commonly reported that one of Joseph Smith’s favorite foods was Johnnycakes which consists of cornmeal pancakes often topped with a sweetener such as maple syrup, molasses, and honey. All this makes for a sweet surprise!

Joseph Smith, The King Follett discourse wrote:I know that when I tell you these words of eternal life, that are given to me, I know you taste it and I know you believe it. You say honey is sweet and so do I. I can also taste the spirit of eternal life; I know it is good, and when I tell you of these things, that were given me by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, you are bound to receive it as sweet, and I rejoice more and more.

Shulem
God

Honey

Post by Shulem »

Is there anything more sweet than honey?

Sweet as honey!

;)