Cassius Review of Books: "The Church and the Negro"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Re: Cassius Review of Books: "The Church and the Negro"

Post by _Darth J »

Brackite wrote:
Brother Lund's source for this information? The records in the Church Historian's office. Brother Lund also explains that the idea that the Church knowingly ordained a black man to the priesthood is mistaken, because Elijah Abel "was 'one-eighth Negro and light of color.' Nevertheless, he did have Negro blood and was therefore not eligible for the Priesthood."

There is Not really any evidence to support the assertion that Elijah Abel was just 'one-eighth' of African descent. There is Not anything on his Wikipedia Web Page that indicates that he was just 'one-eighth' of African descent. And there is Not anyhing on this Web Site Page that indicates that Elijah Abel was just 'one-eighth' of African descent. I do Not believe that Elijah Abel was just 'one-eighth' of African descent.

Tell it to Lund and other defenders of the Church from that time. I'm not asserting this to be a fact; I am just relating the arguments used to justify the priesthood ban that revisionist Mormons have decided nobody ever said.