Banned From NOM

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Banned From NOM

Post by _Gazelam »

Apparently the women in charge of NOM can't handle a friendly and intelligent exchange of ideas. They claim I was debating on their forum, which I was not. I was asked questions there and responded to them.

As time goes on I become increasingly aware of what a rare and special place Shady Acres really is. I disagree with the positions of most people here, but at least it is a place where the positions and thoughts can be discussed.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Paul Osborne

Re: Banned From NOM

Post by _Paul Osborne »

That's right, boy. Only here will you truly feel the power of the dark side of the force. Come, join us. I will deal with NOM soon enough and wipe them out.

Paul O
_Trevor
_Emeritus

Post by _Trevor »

Gazelam wrote:As time goes on I become increasingly aware of what a rare and special place Shady Acres really is. I disagree with the positions of most people here, but at least it is a place where the positions and thoughts can be discussed.

Yep.
“I was hooked from the start,” Snoop Dogg said. “We talked about the purpose of life, played Mousetrap, and ate brownies. The kids thought it was off the hook, for real.”
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Gazelam wrote:Apparently the women in charge of NOM can't handle a friendly and intelligent exchange of ideas. They claim I was debating on their forum, which I was not. I was asked questions there and responded to them.

As time goes on I become increasingly aware of what a rare and special place Shady Acres really is. I disagree with the positions of most people here, but at least it is a place where the positions and thoughts can be discussed.

Free speech--yeah, baby!!!!
_Willy Law
_Emeritus

Post by _Willy Law »

I get that they would not want you at NOM. I guess I am a message board libertarian. All these boards were started by someone for a certain reason and they have every right to decide what direction they want their board to go.
I started off at NOM looking for a place of understanding and support. I would not have reacted well to apologetic BS.
Over time I have become ready to "spar" and defend my new beliefs, but NOM definitely has it's place as does Postmo and even MAD and all of them have every right to boot people as they see fit.
It is my province to teach to the Church what the doctrine is. It is your province to echo what I say or to remain silent.
Bruce R. McConkie
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

Free speech--yeah, baby!!!!

We have a low tolerance for this kind of expression. Thread closed.

Paul O
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

Paul, you need to wash your mouth out with soap and cover up your breasts (referring to your avatar).
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV
_John Larsen
_Emeritus

Post by _John Larsen »

Gazelam wrote:Apparently the women in charge of NOM can't handle a friendly and intelligent exchange of ideas. They claim I was debating on their forum, which I was not. I was asked questions there and responded to them.

Mike,

I tut-tuted the board for banning you.
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

msnobody wrote:Paul, you need to wash your mouth out with soap and cover up your breasts (referring to your avatar).

You're just trying to get me to post another pic. Well, I'm not falling for it. Google for your own tits, buddy-boy.

Paul O
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Thank You For Your Support

PS... Apparently they shut me out to the extent I can't even read the board anymore.
Last edited by Steeler [Crawler] on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato