Mopologists are the unwitting agents of secrecy.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Ray A

Re: Mopologists are the unwitting agents of secrecy.

Post by _Ray A »

Simon Belmont wrote:
It is a good thing there are only like... ten of us then.

If you wish to lump yourself in that group - be my guest. I was not referring to you. in my opinion you're a "Saint" compared to what some of these scumbags have posted here.
_Simon Belmont

Post by _Simon Belmont »

Ray A wrote:If you wish to lump yourself in that group - be my guest. I was not referring to you. in my opinion you're a "Saint" compared to what some of these scumbags have posted here.

Oh, I thought you were referring to all messageboard apologists.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Ray A wrote:If you wish to lump yourself in that group - be my guest. I was not referring to you. in my opinion you're a "Saint" compared to what some of these scumbags have posted here.

True. He has not yet descended to the depths of a Schryver or Bot.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Simon Belmont wrote:
Oh, I thought you were referring to all messageboard apologists.

You can be a nuisance, but you're not vulgar and offensive. By the same token, all exmos should not be lumped into the same fish bowl.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hello Mr. Belmont,

What I'm "babbling about" is how I've come to realize your very own lack of access to the inner workings of your organization keeps you duped into believing in it enough to continue to "babble about" here and elsewhere.

Let me give you a theoretical example.

Let's say prior to the 2003 invasion of Iraq the Bush administration was caught on tape and on cable admitting they have no proof of WMDs & no legal justification to invade Iraq. Let's say that furthermore they were caught conspiring with US military industrialists divying up sweet contracts and receiving kickbacks through layered shelters.

It's pretty safe to say the American public & political establishment wouldn't have supported the Iraq war.

Now. Let's look at the Mormon church. If Mormons and non-Mormons alike were to be exposed to not only the financial records of the Mormon church, but also to its internal communiques the damage to the Mormon church would most likely be severe. In other words, if there were a Wikileaks-like exposing of the inner workings of the Mormon corporation, people like yourself and others would most likely be disinclined to continue in your behavior.

The power over information is the power of manipulation; the Mormon corporation and others have the ability to shape your opinion of them, and thus control your behavior to a degree by strictly controlling information about itself. Not only does it control information about itself, but it shapes or crafts the information into the most useful product for consumption. The lack of information (transparency) about the organization allows useful dupes like yourself to fill in the blanks with your own wanton assumptions thus allowing you to continue to not only give your time and money to the corporation, but to evangelize on its behalf to ensure replication and wealth production (not to be shared with you).

You're not alone in your ignorance, friend. There are nearly 50,000 young men, women, and couples that are manipulated into service by your corporation, not to mention the tens of thousands of lay members paying for the right to work for it for free. I would ask you to think about this, but I realize you are where you're at in life precisely because you lack that capacity. Perhaps others will...

V/R
Doctor Cameron "NC" for Me
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Simon Belmont

Post by _Simon Belmont »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Hello Mr. Belmont,

What I'm "babbling about" is how I've come to realize your very own lack of access to the inner workings of your organization keeps you duped into believing in it enough to continue to "babble about" here and elsewhere.

Let's say prior to the 2003 invasion of Iraq the Bush administration was caught on tape and on cable admitting they have no proof of WMDs & no legal justification to invade Iraq. Let's say that furthermore they were caught conspiring with US military industrialists divying up sweet contracts and receiving kickbacks through layered shelters.

It's pretty safe to say the American public & political establishment wouldn't have supported the Iraq war.

Are you Droopy's sock puppet?

Now. Let's look at the Mormon church. If Mormons and non-Mormons alike were to be exposed to not only the financial records of the Mormon church, but also to its internal communiques the damage to the Mormon church would most likely be severe.

You're only speculating. You have absolutely no reason to believe that. At all. I, in fact, believe the opposite.

The power over information is the power of manipulation; the Mormon corporation and others have the ability to shape your opinion of them, and thus control your behavior to a degree by strictly controlling information about itself. Not only does it control information about itself, but it shapes or crafts the information into the most useful product for consumption. The lack of information (transparency) about the organization allows useful dupes like yourself to fill in the blanks with your own wanton assumptions thus allowing you to continue to not only give your time and money to the corporation, but to evangelize on its behalf to ensure replication and wealth production (not to be shared with you).

Do you see what I have underlined for you? It is exactly what you are doing on this very post! Look at yourself in the mirror, Dr. Cam (by the way, who is your avatar a photo of?)

You're not alone in your ignorance, friend. There are nearly 50,000 young men, women, and couples that are manipulated into service by your corporation, not to mention the tens of thousands of lay members paying for the right to work for it for free. I would ask you to think about this, but I realize you are where you're at in life precisely because you lack that capacity. Perhaps others will...

Conspiracy theories aside: you have no reason to believe the Church is anything other than what it says it is. When information is not laid out in front of some people, they assume the worst about an organization. It's been happening since "secret societies" began, but these secret societies always were benign; it's just that conspiracy theorists like you think lack of information equates to evildoings behind the scenes. Skull and Bones? Benign. Ordo Templi Orientis? Strange, but benign. The Sons of Liberty? Benign. The Freemasons? Benign. The Stonecutters (from The Simpsons)? Benign.

Now, I am only equating the Church with a "secret society" insomuch as it does not reveal certain information about itself to the public. They have every right to do that.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:What I'm "babbling about" is how I've come to realize your very own lack of access to the inner workings of your organization keeps you duped into believing in it enough to continue to "babble about" here and elsewhere.

Or perhaps the chip in your brain is making you come here?????

Let's say prior to the 2003 invasion of Iraq the Bush administration was caught on tape and on cable admitting they have no proof of WMDs & no legal justification to invade Iraq.

There is 'legal justification' for war now?

Let's say that furthermore they were caught conspiring with US military industrialists divying up sweet contracts and receiving kickbacks through layered shelters.

That would be bad.

Some would, more wouldn't.

Now. Let's look at the Mormon church. If Mormons and non-Mormons alike were to be exposed to not only the financial records of the Mormon church, but also to its internal communiques the damage to the Mormon church would most likely be severe.

So you are doing all this 'babbling' with the same level of knowledge as in your theoretical example. No proof or rationale for either.

Logically then, you should also be screaming about how the President's administration invaded despite lack of information about WMD and that defense contractors were bribing him.

In other words, if there were a Wikileaks-like exposing of the inner workings of the Mormon corporation, people like yourself and others would most likely be disinclined to continue in your behavior.

You mean you hope that would be the result. This is part of your paranoid fantasy.

Rantings of a paranoid delusional. You're basing this whole conspiracy on information you don't have access to and don't know anyone who does.

The good Doctor is a reptilian spy from Beta Centauri intent on forcing us all into slavery for the Illuminati. The proof is the lack of evidence. He's obviously hiding something.

You're not alone in your ignorance, friend. There are nearly 50,000 young men, women, and couples that are manipulated into service by your corporation, not to mention the tens of thousands of lay members paying for the right to work for it for free.

Because it's important to them? Because it has value? That you have an irrational hatred of the Church and God does not mean everyone else is in lockstep with your lunacy.

I would ask you to think about this, but I realize you are where you're at in life precisely because you lack that capacity. Perhaps others will...

Says the nutcase drawing conclusions based on the lack of evidence for it being true.

I understand you lack the capacity where you are in life to comprehend logic and are so poisoned by some kind of vendetta against the Church stemming from your own inadequacies that you are incapable of seeing how nutty you sound. Hopefully someday you'll learn the truth and you won't trick any of the other nutcases in the asylum to follow you.

Hope this passes the mental ward censors and very respectfully,

The Nehor
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Kishkumen wrote:

True. He has not yet descended to the depths of a Schryver or Bot.

I agree. I don't think that Simon is smart or clever enough to reach those sorts of heights. He's vulgar and over-flowing with a thirst for vendetta, but he's too stupid to actually inflict any real harm.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Geez, Nehor, you reeeeeeally need to get laid.

If only you could find the right man.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Molok
_Emeritus

Post by _Molok »

Simon Belmont wrote:
Do you see what I have underlined for you? It is exactly what you are doing on this very post! Look at yourself in the mirror, Dr. Cam (by the way, who is your avatar a photo of?)

I believe it's Mark Twain, isn't it?