Mopologists are the unwitting agents of secrecy.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Re: Mopologists are the unwitting agents of secrecy.

Post by _Buffalo »

The Nehor wrote:
I resent the implication. I'm a gift to everyone and don't like you trying to make me so exclusive.

Everyone? No, not really. When I was a TBM I would have been so angry at you for making the Saints look bad. As an unbeliever, I find it amusing.
Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Buffalo wrote:Everyone? No, not really. When I was a TBM I would have been so angry at you for making the Saints look bad.

I get this a lot from apostates but never from those in the faith. In fact, all the communications I get from them are positive.

So I will take your statement as either a lie or that you are a rare exception.

As an unbeliever, I find it amusing.

All the sarcasm and humor in there worked. Good to know. You're welcome; I aim to please.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hello Mr. The Nehor,

Well, I think the problem lies with the reality that Mormons are Pathologically Nice.

Essentially it breaks down to this:

1) If you're nice then you have the Spirit.

2) If you're not nice then the Devil controls you.

The problem that arises from that is Mormons are schizophrenic, like yourself, where they're nice to people's faces, but then are horrible in private. For example, you're a nightmare of a human being on the Internet, not following your own Apostle's guidance on Internet etiquette, but I'm sure you're pleasant face-to-face (not saying you wouldn't be horrible once that person turned his/her back on you).

So. The endstate of what you and Mormonism is this:

Real Life: BS. BS. BS.

Internet: Image

V/R
Doctor Cameron "NC" for Me
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Hello Mr. The Nehor,

Well, I think the problem lies with the reality that Mormons are Pathologically Nice.

It's a problem that LDS are really nice?

Essentially it breaks down to this:

1) If you're nice then you have the Spirit.

Ummmmm......no.

2) If you're not nice then the Devil controls you.

You just make this stuff up and expect people to buy it?

The problem that arises from that is Mormons are schizophrenic, like yourself, where they're nice to people's faces, but then are horrible in private.

Wait....internet message boards are private now? What makes you think I'm nice to people like you in person?

For example, you're a nightmare of a human being on the Internet, not following your own Apostle's guidance on Internet etiquette, but I'm sure you're pleasant face-to-face (not saying you wouldn't be horrible once that person turned his/her back on you).

No more then the Savior, Elijah, Moses, etc were to those they faced. They were called mean too.

Look, I'm sorry I hurt your widdle feelings. Have a cookie. Oh, and you're still insane.

So. The endstate of what you and Mormonism is this:

Real Life: b***s***. b***s***. b***s***.

No, I think it's only you that chants that when facing reality. Denying reality won't validate your nuttiness.

Internet: Image

Did you draw that all by yourself? Make sure to put it on the refrigerator.

V/R
Doctor Cameron "NC" for Me
[/quote]

Hoping you turn purple in hue and that your head falls off at an inconvenient moment and very respectfully,

The Nehor
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Hello Mishter Nehorsh,

You shertainly show dem anti-Morminsh how shtupid dey aresh! What shay you if we shoot shum shpeshul operashuns sholdiersh on Blacksh Opsh! YESH. And when we're dun we'll come backsh here en show teh anti-Mormonsh shum more shtrengthsh! YESH. You're totally aweshum!!

V/R
Dr. Cam
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Hello Mishter Nehorsh,

You shertainly show dem anti-Morminsh how shtupid dey aresh! What shay you if we shoot shum shpeshul operashuns sholdiersh on Blacksh Opsh! YESH. And when we're dun we'll come backsh here en show the anti-Mormonsh shum more shtrengthsh! YESH. You're totally aweshum!!

V/R
Dr. Cam

Well, I guess there's something to be said for consistency. This is about as coherent as the OP, though this one is slightly better.

Keep working at it.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Hello,

Once again we see the typical Mopologist's inability to contribute anything substantive to a conversation, instead focusing solely on the critic. In this case, Mr. The Nehor is Simon Belmont 1.0. He was Simon Belmont before Simon Belmont came around. I think Mr. The Nehor claims to have engaged the critics with substantive conversation at some point during his life, but no one has seen it (kind of like his claims on having a girlfriend).

I suppose this is typical. Take for example a Mrs. Mary Lightner. She was married to a non-member man. Joseph Smith took her as a wife while she was still married. Brigham Young did the honors, I believe, in a Masonic lodge at first. All this was done in secret. The point, to dumb it down for someone like Mr. The Nehor, is this: Had this kind of behavior been transparent the likelihood of Mr. Smith and Mr. Young perpetuating this kind of abuse would have been mitigated. But because of useful people like Mr. The Nehor, people like Mr. Smith & Mr. Young were not only able to perpetuate their abuses, but flourish. Not everyone was privy to the Eternal Principle of Marrying Other Mens' Wives, but damn if they didn't know with every fiber of their being that Joseph Smith was a prophet. And all those nasty rumors about Mr. Smith? Those were just anti-Mormon lies!

Again, to keep it simple for people like Mr. The Nehor:

Organizational transparency mitigates abuse. The Mormon church was opaque, and is opaque. I suspect most Mopologists, who themselves don't get a peek at the inner workings of the Mormon church, would most likely stop being Mormons at worst, and Mopologists at best, if they were made aware of the internal discussions, behaviors, expenditures, etc...

V/R
Doctor CamNC4Me