The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2010

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Re: The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2010

Post by _zeezrom »

Love it Dr. Shades. Thanks to all the hard work of the Cassius faculty.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Doctor Scratch wrote:6. Don Bradley Gets Re-Baptized Longtime Church critic Don Bradley stunned both sides of the Mopologetic/Critic divided when he announced that he was getting re-baptized into the LDS Church. In general, he was congratulated, and he seemed happy about his choice, though some critics probed rather deeply into his reasons and motives. His main justification for his decision: the Church makes him "a better person."

I was definitely concerned about his motives, and probed a bit. Mainly because I'd been through the same scenario, with poor results. One thing, however, I am convinced of is that Don Bradley is a sincere person, and a "seeker of truth". His flirt with atheism was a reflection of how he felt at the time. He was upfront and honest all the way, virtually pouring his heart out for all to read. Perhaps one minor misjudgment was when he "predicted" the downfall of this board. I can only hope that this "mopologetic" spirit of revenge never overtakes him, as it momentarily seemed to do with this rash prediction, and that he can eventually be a voice of reason in the Mormon community. Heaven knows we need them, and Don, being an exmo, should understand us better than all the mopologists put together.

God speed, my friend.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

zeezrom wrote:Love it Dr. Shades.

As much as I would love to share the credit for a praiseworthy project such as this, alas, the annual "Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics" thread is the brainchild--and sole proprietorship--of Doctor Scratch, not Dr. Shades.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Congratulations to my colleague, Doctor Scratch, whose yearly "Top Ten" publication is practically worthy of its own place on the list. It is truly gratifying to be associated with an institution where such quality research and writing occurs. Kudos seem inadequate, yet they are what a lowly colleague can offer to the scholar who has already obtained every major award in the field of Mopologetic Studies.

RockSlider wrote:Might have posted it too soon. The Mad board vacation is like the giddy anticipation of who will be the next bishop.

Well, I would love to see our own Wiki Wonka take the helm of the new MA&Dboard. Clearly it requires an LDS apologist with enough guts to hang around here to makeover MA&D as place for something other than pseudo-discussion and endless high-fiving.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

It would be nice is there were links listing the former years.

Yes, Doctor Scratch has performed a great work in taking on the apologists. Simon is getting pretty weary these days and can hardly spell his words right even after using spell checker.

I thought DCP would have been back by now. I must say, he surely is missing this place. How ever does he stand it? Would you like some donuts, Daniel, boy?

Paul O
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Ray A wrote:I was definitely concerned about his motives, and probed a bit. Mainly because I'd been through the same scenario, with poor results. One thing, however, I am convinced of is that Don Bradley is a sincere person, and a "seeker of truth". His flirt with atheism was a reflection of how he felt at the time. He was upfront and honest all the way, virtually pouring his heart out for all to read.

Motives are complex. Who can fathom them? Having had a front-row seat to Don's reconversion process (as much as someone else can), I can tell you it was sincere. The process continues. Don's commitment to the LDS Gospel continues to deepen. My guess is that this one will endure.

Ray A wrote:Perhaps one minor misjudgment was when he "predicted" the downfall of this board. I can only hope that this "mopologetic" spirit of revenge never overtakes him, as it momentarily seemed to do with this rash prediction, and that he can eventually be a voice of reason in the Mormon community.

A prophet of doom has more chance of success if he never sets a date. Someday MDB will cease to be. I hope that day is not soon.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Paul Osborne wrote: Would you like some donuts, Daniel, boy?

Paul O

Just an anecdotal "thought-you'd-like-to-know" sidenote, Paul. DCP doesn't even eat krispy kremes. But at least he "indulges" in the mythological humour.
_Ray A

Post by _Ray A »

Kishkumen wrote:A prophet of doom has more chance of success if he never sets a date. Someday MDB will cease to be. I hope that day is not soon.

Preferably after I reach 10,000 posts. Then I can produce the evidence of a board from which I was not banned.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

Oops.

I meant to say "love it, Dr. Scratch"

Well, there went my thunder!
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Ray A wrote:Preferably after I reach 10,000 posts. Then I can produce the evidence of a board from which I was not banned.

Any board that would ban you is not a place I would hang out.