MDB Member's "I'm an ex-Mormon" Video

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dwight Frye
_Emeritus

MDB Member's "I'm an ex-Mormon" Video

Post by _Dwight Frye »

I can't recall if this particular poster has publicly linked his real life identity to his profile here at the Trailer Park, but to be on the safe side, I'll assume he hasn't. Old timers will know who he is. Check it out: "My name is James and I'm an Ex Mormon."
"Christian anti-Mormons are no different than that wonderful old man down the street who turns out to be a child molester." - Obiwan, nutjob Mormon apologist - Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:25 pm
_Eric

Re: MDB Member's "I'm an ex-Mormon" Video

Post by _Eric »

Awesome!

I miss his posts here.
_Inconceivable
_Emeritus

Post by _Inconceivable »

Thanks Dwight,

Great site and lots of good links for people needing exit and post support.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Daniel needs all the credit for this whole project. That guy is a great asset to the community and needs all the support he can get. My video was not as hard hitting as most of the videos. I tried to speak to exmos who are newly out of the church. I hope i did good.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Has the lds church been proven to be untrue? I must have missed the press release. I have no idea how a person can make an assumption and then, treat it as fact.
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Post by _Jason Bourne »

why me wrote:Has the lds church been proven to be untrue? I must have missed the press release. I have no idea how a person can make an assumption and then, treat it as fact.

Has Islam been proven untrue? Do you worship as Muslim?
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Mercury wrote:Daniel needs all the credit for this whole project. That guy is a great asset to the community and needs all the support he can get. My video was not as hard hitting as most of the videos. I tried to speak to exmos who are newly out of the church. I hope i did good.

Hey, Merc!

I mentioned this on the other thread, but I really enjoyed your video. It was very well-done.

I liked the advice you gave about not being cantankerous in your confrontations with members, particularly family members. Your comments about the importance of family relationships was dead-on.

Nice job!
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

why me wrote:Has the lds church been proven to be untrue? I must have missed the press release. I have no idea how a person can make an assumption and then, treat it as fact.

Neither has the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy. Party on.
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Post by _Buffalo »

Absolutely.

http://lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/ ... lang=eng#6

The earth is 4.54 billion years old, not 6,000.

Mormonism:

Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

Yes it has been proven untrue, but so has a flat earth, young earth, global flood, etc but you still see plenty of people who either will not except the obvious evidence or are ignorant of it. by the way proof does not involve absolutes.