Draw your favorite MDB Poster!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Re: Draw your favorite MDB Poster!

Post by _grindael »

I think there would still be the way SOME Mormons (and those who claim to be Mormons) and Apologists "lash out". Some of those ways, from what I've observed, can be through lying, passive aggressive behavior, blatant trolling and cutting and pasting BS from FAIRMORMON and the Church's websites. Most people who have a shred of integrity, don't like any of this crap.

And I've seen more than my share lately...

I'll take integrity with salty language and risque pictures any day of the week over hypocritical, morally bankrupt BS.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

grindael wrote:I'll take integrity with salty language and risque pictures any day of the week over hypocritical, morally bankrupt BS.

Joseph Smith, Jr. wrote:I love that man better who swears a stream as long as my arm yet deals justice to his neighbors and mercifully deals his substance to the poor, than the long, smooth-faced hypocrite.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Kishkumen wrote:
grindael wrote:I'll take integrity with salty language and risque pictures any day of the week over hypocritical, morally bankrupt BS.

Joseph Smith, Jr. wrote:I love that man better who swears a stream as long as my arm yet deals justice to his neighbors and mercifully deals his substance to the poor, than the long, smooth-faced hypocrite.

:lol:

that last quote might be more meaningful in this instance if JSJr actually DID "[deal] justice to his neighbors."
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

As Kishkumen and I have mentioned, I think there would still be the way critics and exmormons "lash out". Some of those ways, from what I've observed, can be through what approaches hard core language, inappropriate images (one yesterday made me wonder what some people have come to in what they see as acceptable), and the many fill in the blank statements/comments that are to be filled in with what very nearly approaches hard core swearing.
:lol: :lol: Written by the clean-minded lds poster who said THIS to me, all in ONE single post:
That's a bunch of B.S., Lemmie....

What a load of crap.....

You are the grand purveyor/queen of B.S.....

...This cockamamie crap ....

viewtopic.php?p=1028749#p1028749
Anyway, back to the post...
As Kishkumen and I have mentioned,...
Wow, I did NOT interpret Kishkumen's comment that way. To me, kish in no way suggested that "there would still be the way" that the stereotypically filthy minds of exmormons and critics lead to the stereotypical expression of filth that drives active Mormons away--because of course no stereotypical active Mormon ever has a filthy mind. :rolleyes:

To me, kishkumen's comment was discussing a far more nuanced situation:
Kishkumen wrote:But, it is inevitable, I think, that we will chase away active LDS people from this board. We are an unruly bunch. We can be very difficult to deal with. In our raw feelings and resentment about our Mormon experience, we lash out in ways that are shocking to most Mormons. So they go where they will not be constantly assaulted with things they don't want to experience.
For a somewhat extreme example of what I thought kish meant by being "assaulted with things they don't want to experience," there was a comment recently by an LDS person in which they expressed that they could not have a discussion about brain chemistry with a person who did not believe in God, and therefore there was no point in further communication with this board*.

That seems to be an unnecessarily isolated position to take, but it is certainly their right to prefer not to be "assaulted" by that experience.

-----
*this same lds has mentioned before that "this board" is composed of atheists who lie. Here's a representative comment:
"It's an echo chamber of disgruntled critics with closed/dogmatic minds. In my opinion anyway."
Imwashingmypirate
Stake President

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Wow. These are pretty awesome. Half of the images aren't visible. But the ones that are are pretty cool.
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

_Blixa wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:58 pm

Nightlion upon the Apocalrock, receiving revelation.
Spy's Nemesis. :lol:

There can only be one =~ The Spy.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩