Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_3sheets2thewind
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver

Post by _3sheets2thewind »

Will Schryver wrote:3sheets2thewind:
How many times in the last 18months have you left MADB/MDD because those there did not respect your knowledge?

well, now I know you are lying, and I am sure you know you are, but you are counting on the fact that I can not prove it so you will deny it.

You left MDD when it was MADB, you made a long post about leaving - If I recall correctly it was on your profile, in said post, you made claims that those on MADB did not respect your knowledge and that you were going to find somewhere else where people would respect the vast knowledge you had to offer, this was few to several months before your KEP presentation.

And how I wish I would have done a print screen on such a crybaby departing post you made. I was truly childish and reaked of "I am taking my marbles and going home".
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

All anyone will ever need to know about William Schryver and why he cannot be trusted to represent source material in honesty, nor can be be expected to develop apologetic arguments that can withstand the test of time (in most cases 10 minutes):

Challenge for Will

Will Schryver's Deception in Pundits

Will Loses his Mojo at MADB

Another Gee/Schryver Deception

Nomad's Fawning: Redux

De Ja Vue: Book of Abraham Apologetics

Will Schryver: Kneel before Zod

Intellectual Bankruptcy of Book of Abraham Apologetics

Thoughts on Doomsday's Aftermath

An Invitation to the KEP

He will banter for days over nothing, but never demonstrate that he has the balls to step up to the plate and actually defend his arguments in the face of scrutiny.

This list is just the tip of the iceberg, as there are plenty more buried in the MADB archives. But one can read through these for days and marvel at the abject stupidity that drives this guy to do apologetics. That, and his hilarious belief that he has God on his side.
You see, none of this has ANYTHING to do with my alleged vulgarity, or misogyny, or anything of the sort. It never has. It has everything to do with the fundamental conflict inherent to the apologist/apostate dynamic. I am simply one of the more eloquent and incisive online defenders of Mormonism

ROFL!!!!

Leave it to Will to transform everything said about him into a massive compliment to his oversized ego. The irony here is that Will is by any standard, a liar and a fraud. I have proved this on numerous occasions and he refuses to respond. He even spent a great deal of time ignoring the numerous complaints about his vulgar comments towards women, but now suddenly chose to focus on the ONLY example that could be argued against, simply because it was edited out by a mod.

So because there was one instance in that slew of examples where a vulgar comment was edited out and is now lost to the world, he saw an opportunity to follow the standard apologetic tactic of focusing on "verifiable proof" and "plausibility" for his case that it never existed to begin with. You see this happens all the time in FARMS reviews. A pseudo intellectual will "review" a work critical of some aspect of Mormonism and focus on virtually none of the arguments. Instead, he will try to mine from the book some frivilous matter to complain about, usually involving that person's character. This is what Will, wade, and droopy have engaged in, and for the most part it seems to have worked because their primary goal here is to take the spot light off the mountian of evidence aside from this one example. Almost everyone in this thread is being led around by the nose by these hacks. No one is addressing the concerns MsJack raised. No, Instead they want to keep pounding on Harmony for "lying." All the evidence supporting her must have been fabricated via some massive conspiracy, too. That's just how the apologetic mind has to think, and so they think accordingly.

But it is clear what Will needs to do. He needs to keep pounding this silly idea that this entire thread is a response to his superior intellect, and has nothing to do with his vulgarity towards women. He just told SImon that he was a "professional" apologist for God's sake, so it is clear he feels his presence is too important for LDS apologists. He thinks he is too "eloquent and incisive" and we just can't have that, so we launched into a concerted campaign, which we all agreed to lie about, just to malign is character!

ROFL!

The fact is we have been allowing Wilbur Schryver to do all that work for us. We can forget all this crap about vulgarity for a second and just deal with the dozen or so threads I have created over the years that call him out for blatant deception. It is an indisputable fact that Will Schryver lies. He has lied from day one to me and others, from teh day he was posting as "Provis." Guess how many times he has responded and explained himself? Zero. Instead, he puts me on ignore because he knows as well as most of us do, that he is a coward who has to resort to literary sophistry as a way to take focus off ridiculous arguments which I have undressed every time he raises them. But he won't deal with me because he isn't a real man. Instead, he goes after the women as if to put on some kind of side show to show how tough he can be. Seriously, the only men I know who talk about women this way are homosexuals or closet homosexuals.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

well, now I know you are lying, and I am sure you know you are, but you are counting on the fact that I can not prove it so you will deny it.

Exactly! That's all he needs. If there is plausible deniability, he will do so. We saw this recently with his denial of calling Emma Smith a bitch. Calling the wife of the Church's founder a bitch tends to stick to one's memory, but he vehemently denied having said it.... until plausible deniability was destroyed with the proof, and he was forced to admit it. I just find it curious that anyone here would still choose to give such a proven liar the benefit of the doubt. But no matter. We can take this "C-word" example and discard it for good, and the point still stands, supported by the mountain of evidence Schryver doesn't deny.

You left MDD when it was MADB, you made a long post about leaving - If I recall correctly it was on your profile, in said post, you made claims that those on MADB did not respect your knowledge and that you were going to find somewhere else where people would respect the vast knowledge you had to offer, this was few to several months before your KEP presentation.

And how I wish I would have done a print screen on such a crybaby departing post you made. I was truly childish and reaked of "I am taking my marbles and going home".

I think I recall something like that too, even though I wasn't participating there. Will has a tendency to throw conniption fits, cancel his account only to return again, along with several sock puppets to support his ego. He puts certain people on ignore because they essentially own him, but he'll respond to them anyway if he sees something they say in a "quoted" box. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of ignoring them? Why ignore them at all? I doubt he has any of us on ignore, but he uses this as an excuse to ignore the posts he cannot respond to. He can plausibly deny it, and say he never saw it because we were on "ignore". But the posts he feels he can respond to without further embarrassing himself, he'll gladly address. One has to wonder why he doesn't put these women on ignore since they tend to bring out the worst in him.
_Will Schryver
_Emeritus

Post by _Will Schryver »

3sheets2thewind wrote:... you are lying, and I am sure you know you are, but you are counting on the fact that I can not prove it so you will deny it.

Just like my allegedly using the "C" word in reference to harmony, right?

LOL!

... you made claims that those on MADB did not respect your knowledge and that you were going to find somewhere else where people would respect the vast knowledge you had to offer, this was few to several months before your KEP presentation.

Sure I did. Just like I allegedly used the "C" word in reference to harmony, right?

LOL!

... how I wish I would have done a print screen on such a crybaby departing post you made.

Just like harmony wishes she had "done a print screen" when I used the "C" word in reference to her, right?

LOL! (Again)

The Great and Spacious Trailer Park© = Where the unfalsifiable smear reigns supreme.
I thought myself the wiser to have viewed the evidence left of such a great demise. I followed every step. But the only thing I ever learned before the journey's end was there was nothing there to learn, only something to forget.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

The Great and Spacious Trailer Park© = Where the unfalsifiable smear reigns supreme.

Glad Will finally admits it isn't falsifiable. It amounts to he said/she said. Actually, it is a he said/they said, which is all the worse for Will, since we already know Will is a proven liar and has a habit of denying stuff he actually said (Emma/bitch).

But hey, it cannot be proved one way or the other beyond a shadow of doubt, so to the apologist, this is always to be considered a "win"!

It is amazing how LDS apologists are conditioned to think in these terms. As if moving something into the real of the unfalsifiable somehow evens their chances of being right.
_3sheets2thewind
_Emeritus

Post by _3sheets2thewind »

Will Schryver wrote:
3sheets2thewind wrote:... you are lying, and I am sure you know you are, but you are counting on the fact that I can not prove it so you will deny it.

Just like my allegedly using the "C" word in reference to harmony, right?

LOL!

... you made claims that those on MADB did not respect your knowledge and that you were going to find somewhere else where people would respect the vast knowledge you had to offer, this was few to several months before your KEP presentation.

Sure I did. Just like I allegedly used the "C" word in reference to harmony, right?

LOL!

... how I wish I would have done a print screen on such a crybaby departing post you made.

Just like harmony wishes she had "done a print screen" when I used the "C" word in reference to her, right?

LOL! (Again)

yep and as the liar you are you deny it. Just as you denied referring to Emma Smith with derogatory term.

your arrogance, lies and hypocrisy have no bounds, and it is amazing how much you love those things about your actions.

What a wonderful representative of the LDS Church you are. I am sure JC, and all the Patriarchs are smiling upon you.

And I meant what I said earlier, how much you could do if you weren't such a pompous hypocrite of a Church member. I would be on your side but for your pompous arrogant hypocrisy.
_Will Schryver
_Emeritus

Post by _Will Schryver »

3sheets2thewind wrote:... you denied referring to Emma Smith with derogatory term.

Quite to the contrary.

I not only acknowledged it, but sincerely apologized for it.

Here is the link to the April 15, 2008 post where I made the unfortunate statement: Schryver Emma Smith Comment.

Although I was no doubt unduly stressed by having to write a $15,000 dollar check to the U.S. Treasury that day, I was still out of line when I made that comment, and it remains, in my judgment, the single worst offense of my entire message board career. Therefore I posted the following a little over the month ago:

I did not recall having said that (although I do recall having thought it on occasion).

... I am guilty of calling Emma Smith a champion bitch.

Certainly a little harsh on my part. I sincerely apologize to Emma. Upon reflection, I would merely say she was an emotionally volatile, high-maintenance woman who would have been a royal pain in the ass to deal with as a wife, and I admire Joseph Smith all the more for having put up with her all those years.

Link here.

your arrogance, lies and hypocrisy have no bounds ...

So you say.

... and it is amazing how much you love those things about your actions.

I, too, stand all amazed.

I would be on your side but for your pompous arrogant hypocrisy.

LOL!

Don't, by any means, let my hypocrisy (as you see it) become a stumbling block to your eternal salvation. I should think your own would be enough of a problem.
I thought myself the wiser to have viewed the evidence left of such a great demise. I followed every step. But the only thing I ever learned before the journey's end was there was nothing there to learn, only something to forget.
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

All anyone will ever need to know about William Schryver and why he cannot be trusted to represent source material in honesty, nor can be be expected to develop apologetic arguments that can withstand the test of time (in most cases 10 minutes):

Challenge for Will

Will Schryver's Deception in Pundits

Will Loses his Mojo at MADB

Another Gee/Schryver Deception

Nomad's Fawning: Redux

De Ja Vue: Book of Abraham Apologetics

Will Schryver: Kneel before Zod

Intellectual Bankruptcy of Book of Abraham Apologetics

Thoughts on Doomsday's Aftermath

An Invitation to the KEP

He will banter for days over nothing, but never demonstrate that he has the balls to step up to the plate and actually defend his arguments in the face of scrutiny.

This list is just the tip of the iceberg, as there are plenty more buried in the MADB archives. But one can read through these for days and marvel at the abject stupidity that drives this guy to do apologetics. That, and his hilarious belief that he has God on his side.
You see, none of this has ANYTHING to do with my alleged vulgarity, or misogyny, or anything of the sort. It never has. It has everything to do with the fundamental conflict inherent to the apologist/apostate dynamic. I am simply one of the more eloquent and incisive online defenders of Mormonism

ROFL!!!!

Leave it to Will to transform everything said about him into a massive compliment to his oversized ego. The irony here is that Will is by any standard, a liar and a fraud. I have proved this on numerous occasions and he refuses to respond. He even spent a great deal of time ignoring the numerous complaints about his vulgar comments towards women, but now suddenly chose to focus on the ONLY example that could be argued against, simply because it was edited out by a mod.

So because there was one instance in that slew of examples where a vulgar comment was edited out and is now lost to the world, he saw an opportunity to follow the standard apologetic tactic of focusing on "verifiable proof" and "plausibility" for his case that it never existed to begin with. You see this happens all the time in FARMS reviews. A pseudo intellectual will "review" a work critical of some aspect of Mormonism and focus on virtually none of the arguments. Instead, he will try to mine from the book some frivilous matter to complain about, usually involving that person's character. This is what Will, wade, and droopy have engaged in, and for the most part it seems to have worked because their primary goal here is to take the spot light off the mountian of evidence aside from this one example. Almost everyone in this thread is being led around by the nose by these hacks. No one is addressing the concerns MsJack raised. No, Instead they want to keep pounding on Harmony for "lying." All the evidence supporting her must have been fabricated via some massive conspiracy, too. That's just how the apologetic mind has to think, and so they think accordingly.

But it is clear what Will needs to do. He needs to keep pounding this silly idea that this entire thread is a response to his superior intellect, and has nothing to do with his vulgarity towards women. He just told SImon that he was a "professional" apologist for God's sake, so it is clear he feels his presence is too important for LDS apologists. He thinks he is too "eloquent and incisive" and we just can't have that, so we launched into a concerted campaign, which we all agreed to lie about, just to malign is character!

ROFL!

The fact is we have been allowing Wilbur Schryver to do all that work for us. We can forget all this crap about vulgarity for a second and just deal with the dozen or so threads I have created over the years that call him out for blatant deception. It is an indisputable fact that Will Schryver lies. He has lied from day one to me and others, from the day he was posting as "Provis." Guess how many times he has responded and explained himself? Zero. Instead, he puts me on ignore because he knows as well as most of us do, that he is a coward who has to resort to literary sophistry as a way to take focus off ridiculous arguments which I have undressed every time he raises them. But he won't deal with me because he isn't a real man. Instead, he goes after the women as if to put on some kind of side show to show how tough he can be. Seriously, the only men I know who talk about women this way are homosexuals or closet homosexuals.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

I not only acknowledged it, but sincerely apologized for it.

Only because you were forced to, which is the point. Up until the time definitive proof was presented, you vehemently denied it. In other words, you lied because you thought you could get away with it. Likewise, you lie about the C-word incident by claiming you merely called her a hypocrite.
“All knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it...Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty as regards reality." - Albert Einstein
_dartagnan
_Emeritus

Post by _dartagnan »

Kevin Graham wrote:

Exactly! That's all he needs. If there is plausible deniability, he will do so. We saw this recently with his denial of calling Emma Smith a bitch. Calling the wife of the Church's founder a bitch tends to stick to one's memory, but he vehemently denied having said it.... until plausible deniability was destroyed with the proof, and he was forced to admit it. I just find it curious that anyone here would still choose to give such a proven liar the benefit of the doubt. But no matter. We can take this "C-word" example and discard it for good, and the point still stands, supported by the mountain of evidence Schryver doesn't deny.

I think I recall something like that too, even though I wasn't participating there. Will has a tendency to throw conniption fits, cancel his account only to return again, along with several sock puppets to support his ego. He puts certain people on ignore because they essentially own him, but he'll respond to them anyway if he sees something they say in a "quoted" box. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of ignoring them? Why ignore them at all? I doubt he has any of us on ignore, but he uses this as an excuse to ignore the posts he cannot respond to. He can plausibly deny it, and say he never saw it because we were on "ignore". But the posts he feels he can respond to without further embarrassing himself, he'll gladly address. One has to wonder why he doesn't put these women on ignore since they tend to bring out the worst in him.

!