Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon Apologetics & Misogyny: The Case of William Schryver

Post by _Kishkumen »

I hesitated to post here, but since Will has raised the possibility of "others" motivating it, I need to say something.

At no time did anyone contact me about starting this thread. Nor did I contact anyone else about starting this thread. This thread has nothing to do with me. My only involvement in this thread is and will be to add this single post.

The fact that I am not participating in this thread should not be interpreted as me not being concerned about how women are treated in online discussions. I endeavor to treat women with respect online, and I advocate others doing the same.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hello,

I think I'm responsible for misattributing that quote to Mr. Schryver. He had an exchange with Mr. Graham, and it was the latter who said his wife was so hot that you'd have to masturbate to her or some such thing. Anyway, sorry about that. My bad.

That said, with winning-tigerblood quotes like this:

Naturally, no one wants to be called a snotty-nosed shabby bastard child to his/her own face. That’s why I do it via message board. But if it’s any consolation, I would also do it in person in the case of the inimitable Mr. Scratch, even now feverishly typing away on his laptop while nestled into the sagging, cigarette-burned virtual sofa in his single-wide living room; beer cans stacked to the ceiling, ash trays on the floor …

And in response to Ms. Harmony stating she's a female:

And a old, bitter, lying one at that.

... It's hard to complain too much about one's reputation being sullied.

V/R
Dr. Cam

Post Script- It should be worth noting that Mr. Schryver's version of Jesus is a violent one; not the peace-seeking Jesus portrayed by many other Christians. Do a search of *vengeance along with *William Schryver as the authors and phew... Wow...
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

Will Schryver wrote:snip denials

I'm assuming you're referring to the accusation that you called Harmony a c**t. So, tell us, just what did you call Harmony?

Note that whatever it was, it provoked the following immediate reaction from Stak, who apparently saw it before it was deleted:

u mad willard?
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Will Schryver
_Emeritus

Post by _Will Schryver »

I have to admit that I do regret that MsJack has omitted several of my more eloquent specimens of poetry. Even so, of those she has referenced, I wanted to indicate which are my personal favorites:

You might be interested in the fact that a couple people were once given the task of investigating the basis for the oft-repeated claim of my wanton vulgarity. What was the result of this rather exhaustive investigation? It was that, although a few minor blushes were induced (amidst the belly laughs), there was deemed to be virtually no substantive basis for the allegations; quotes were found to have been routinely taken out of context, thus entirely altering their true meaning, and a large proportion of the "vulgarities" attributed to me were entirely fabricated out of whole cloth (like, for example, the frequently repeated allegation that I called the golden-haired Kimberly Ann a "whore.")

(Kimberly does remain somewhat famous on account of my descriptions of her having once squeezed her then more voluptuous spirit tabernacle into a slinky black three-sizes-too-small dress at the 2006 Exmormon Foundation conference in Salt Lake City, which I attended. One wouldn't have believed it possible to carry melons in a pair of thimbles suspended from a thread, but miracles happen almost every day in this jaded world of cynical disbelievers.)

It was, I must confess, ascertained that I did, in fact, obliquely refer to beastlie and dissonance (once each, as I recall) with variants on the appellative "bitch." But it was concluded that my judgment was so near to the facts of the matter that I could not be convicted by a jury of my peers. LOL!

I should probably note that I have expressed a private apology to KA for this whole black dress business. As I told her in that PM, if indeed the photo she posted of herself in a black dress was the same black dress she wore to the Exmormon Foundation 2006 Conference, then I have, all along, been mistaking her for someone else. The exceedingly inebriated woman I observed at the Exmo conference was most definitely not attired in the rather modest dress that KA modeled in the photo she posted. The blonde exmo lush I saw was sporting a spaghetti-strap cocktail dress out of which she was spilling in all directions.

But moving on …

To beastlie after she made some allusion to David and a “wee willy”:
Settle down, beastsheba. I assure you I have no desire whatsoever to watch you bathe.

In the immortal words of Dodge Connelly:
"You’re only as young as the women you feel."

And I have no desire to feel sixty-five.

(My wife also considers this one of the highlights, but then she’s always been a rabid George Clooney fan.)

An example of my wanton misogyny:
I think the real problem is that harmony dislikes women, or rather, being a woman. She resents the fact (as she sees it) that she was born into an inferior (as she sees it) role, body, status, etc.

Of course, she's really not that uncommon in this respect. Modern feminism has now produced at least three generations littered with self-loathing women. It's one of the great tragedies of our times, if you ask me.

Not funny, but, sadly, too true.

And finally, directed toward Lizzie, during one of her infrequent forays out of the den of iniquity known as the “Goddess Suite”:
I regard you as too shallow and insignificant to bother with.

You're just the homely waitress wandering from table to table here in the singlewide, hoping that someone will get drunk enough to ask you out.

And with that, I take my leave in order that you all might feel entirely comfortable as you bask in the imagined majesty of your mutually reinforcing delusions …
I thought myself the wiser to have viewed the evidence left of such a great demise. I followed every step. But the only thing I ever learned before the journey's end was there was nothing there to learn, only something to forget.
_Dad of a Mormon
_Emeritus

Post by _Dad of a Mormon »

Will, do you agree or disagree that you said something that deserved moderation? Are you saying that what you said was appropriate or only that it wasn't the c-word? Can you describe what it is that you said in a way that is within the rules for the celestial forum?
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

It is the fact that Will delights, even revels, in his vulgarity that makes him problematic for apologia.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

The exceedingly inebriated woman I observed at the Exmo conference was most definitely not attired in the rather modest dress that KA modeled in the photo she posted. The blonde exmo lush I saw was sporting a spaghetti-strap cocktail dress out of which she was spilling in all directions.

Let's just go ahead and keep that Mr. Schryver gem where it belongs. Phew.

V/R
Dr. Cam

Post Script- *edit to add* I never really thought about it, but I find it exceedingly psychologically fascinating (to paraphrase Dr. Scratch) that Mr. Schryver would be attending an ex-Mormon conference ogling women. Care to explain, Mr. Schryver what your motivations were, and why you were ogling women who aren't your wife?
Last edited by Guest on Sun May 01, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_MrStakhanovite
_Emeritus

Post by _MrStakhanovite »

Will Schryver wrote:It is a blatant lie. I have never used that revolting term, in any setting, in my entire life.

It's the truth and not a lie, if you notice on that thread, I responded 2 minutes later with this:

MrStakhanovite wrote:u mad willard?

I said this, because you used that word. I figured you were flustered because you skipped your usual tortured English prose and went straight for the C-word.
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Post by _Buffalo »

This pattern of sexual harassment is unbecoming of anyone, but especially a married man claiming to be a Christian.
Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_Dad of a Mormon
_Emeritus

Post by _Dad of a Mormon »

MrStakhanovite wrote:It's the truth and not a lie, if you notice on that thread, I responded 2 minutes later with this:

MrStakhanovite wrote:u mad willard?

I said this, because you used that word. I figured you were flustered because you skipped your usual tortured English prose and went straight for the C-word.

This is pretty disturbing. That he would so vociferously deny this makes me think that there are deep, deep issues that Will is avoiding that go way beyond Mormonism. He seems to be either unable or unwilling to distinguish between reality and fantasy.