Theodicy

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Re: Theodicy

Post by _Daniel Peterson »

Doctor Scratch wrote:No one there would dare betray you? "

It wouldn't be a "betrayal."

Don't give yourself airs.

Doctor Scratch wrote:
I would bet that the majority of the people at the Maxwell Institute don't even know that this board exists.

Maybe. Maybe not.

If you imagine that the majority of the academics or the editors or the support staff associated with the Institute spend any time at all on sites such as this, you're wrong.

In all the years that I've been centrally involved with the Institute, I've heard only two people ever so much as mention Internet message boards.

Doctor Scratch wrote:I thought his sentence was pretty clear. I'm not really sure what other possibilities there are.

They're easy to think of.

You can do it.

Doctor Scratch wrote:I *am* guessing that it's safe to say that you've been PMing him obsessively in the last few minutes or so.

LOL. Not even once.

Ask him.

It never occurred to me.

Doctor Scratch wrote:People from the M.I. *do* post things here, don't they?

I do, yes.

Doctor Scratch wrote:And they're more than happy to lift quotes from here, too, without any attribution. Aren't they?

Yes, I am.

And who knows? Someday I may well do it again.

Doctor Scratch wrote:I'm all ears.

I'm aware of that.

That's why at least one of your "secret informants" has found you such a voracious and gullible consumer of his fictions.

Doctor Scratch wrote:I bet this is coming as something of a shock to Lamanite.

I really couldn't say.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Daniel Peterson wrote:It wouldn't be a "betrayal."

Don't give yourself airs.

Oh, it so would be! You know it.

Doctor Scratch wrote:Maybe. Maybe not.

If you imagine that the majority of the academics or the editors or the support staff associated with the Institute spend any time at all on sites such as this, you're wrong.

Obviously, enough people paid attention so that Will Schryver's upcoming publication got canned.

In all the years that I've been centrally involved with the Institute, I've heard only two people ever so much as mention Internet message boards.

Must be pretty important people.

Doctor Scratch wrote:I thought his sentence was pretty clear. I'm not really sure what other possibilities there are.

They're easy to think of.

You can do it.

If by "easy" you mean "I always say this as a cover story," then I'm going to have to go with, "Lamanite made it all up." Is that what you were thinking?

Doctor Scratch wrote:I *am* guessing that it's safe to say that you've been PMing him obsessively in the last few minutes or so.

LOL. Not even once.

Ask him.

I've already asked him what I wanted to ask him.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Post by _Daniel Peterson »

Doctor Scratch wrote:Obviously, enough people paid attention so that Will Schryver's upcoming publication got canned.

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Daniel Peterson wrote:
Doctor Scratch wrote:Obviously, enough people paid attention so that Will Schryver's upcoming publication got canned.

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

Right. Of course, Dan. Lol.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_mikwut
_Emeritus

Post by _mikwut »

Dr. Scratch,

Is there a thread title that Dr. Petersen and the Maxwell Institute aren't the central topic of?

regards, mikwut
All communication relies, to a noticeable extent on evoking knowledge that we cannot tell, all our knowledge of mental processes, like feelings or conscious intellectual activities, is based on a knowledge which we cannot tell.
-Michael Polanyi

"Why are you afraid, have you still no faith?" Mark 4:40
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

mikwut wrote:Dr. Scratch,

Is there a thread title that Dr. Petersen and the Maxwell Institute aren't the central topic of?

regards, mikwut

Sort or like, or precisely the same as the ending for that Mel Brooks classic "Blazing Saddles", where the fight breaks into adjoining movie sets and keep on blazing from one to the next.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

Once I was told by a member of the Maxwell institute that they occasionally post new information here (this board) to test its ability to withstand criticism.

I know that if I stick with LDS doctrine, all my theories withstand virtually any criticism. Evolution for example.......
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.