Schryver from Kinderhook Bomb

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dan Vogel
_Emeritus

Off topic Schryvery comments reDon Bradley’s Kinderhook Bomb

Post by _Dan Vogel »

Nomad,

I am amused to see that Schryver and Vogel more or less agree about this Bradley argument. That’s got to be a first.

Funny, Schryver said almost the same thing you said. Wink! Wink! Schryver is highly motivated to agree with me, what’s your excuse? To duplicate his arguments and then to mention me as he did is just too obvious, don’t you think?
I do not want you to think that I am very righteous, for I am not.
Joseph Smith (History of the Church 5:401)
_malkie
_Emeritus

Re: Don Bradley’s Kinderhook Bomb

Post by _malkie »

Dan Vogel wrote:Nomad,

I am amused to see that Schryver and Vogel more or less agree about this Bradley argument. That’s got to be a first.

Funny, Schryver said almost the same thing you said. Wink! Wink! Schryver is highly motivated to agree with me, what’s your excuse? To duplicate his arguments and then to mention me as he did is just too obvious, don’t you think?

Why, whatever are you suggesting? Nudge! Nudge! Say no more!

ETA: Do you think that Nomad is correct in his assessment of the degree of agreement between you and Schryver?
Last edited by Guest on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Post by _Buffalo »

Will, why do you refer to yourself in the third person ("Schryver"). We all know that you're Nomad. Everyone on MAD knows it too. Why the charade?
Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_malkie
_Emeritus

Post by _malkie »

Buffalo wrote:Will, why do you refer to yourself in the third person ("Schryver"). We all know that you're Nomad. Everyone on MAD knows it too. Why the charade?

Should Will write a book: "Nomad knows my history"? (;=(
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."
_jon
_Emeritus

Post by _jon »

malkie wrote:
Buffalo wrote:Will, why do you refer to yourself in the third person ("Schryver"). We all know that you're Nomad. Everyone on MAD knows it too. Why the charade?

"Nomad is an island unto himselves"
'Church pictures are not always accurate' (The Nehor May 4th 2011)

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Post by _Buffalo »

malkie wrote:

Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

malkie wrote:

Best line of the year!
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Nomad
_Emeritus

More Schryver derail: Don Bradley’s Kinderhook Bomb

Post by _Nomad »

As I'm sure the site admins here know very well, I don't post via a proxy. I post from the same IP address and always have. If I were Will's sockpuppet, I'm pretty sure they would have figured that out long before now and "outed" me. But they don't. Because they can't. And I (we?) really don't care either way. At least I don't. You're free to believe what you will. I think it's kind of funny. I think Will thinks it's kind of funny.

-Nomad is an island. Nomad stands alone.
... she said that she was ready to drive up to Salt Lake City and confront ... Church leaders ... while well armed. The idea was ... dropped ... [because] she didn't have a 12 gauge with her.
-DrW about his friends (Link)
_jon
_Emeritus

Post by _jon »

Nomad wrote:That's interesting. I just made this post at MDD that makes a similar point: Read here

You better watch out or people are going to start saying that you are a sockpuppet, too.

No they won't.
I'm clearly not a misogynist.
I'm not a multi personalitied poster sounding mostly like Schryver.

I would be grateful if you never make any connection like that ever again, even in jest.
'Church pictures are not always accurate' (The Nehor May 4th 2011)

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.
_Nomad
_Emeritus

Post by _Nomad »

jon wrote:
Nomad wrote:That's interesting. I just made this post at MDD that makes a similar point: Read here

You better watch out or people are going to start saying that you are a sockpuppet, too.

No they won't.
I'm clearly not a misogynist.
I'm not a multi personalitied poster sounding mostly like Schryver.

I would be grateful if you never make any connection like that ever again, even in jest.

Whatever you say, Will.
... she said that she was ready to drive up to Salt Lake City and confront ... Church leaders ... while well armed. The idea was ... dropped ... [because] she didn't have a 12 gauge with her.
-DrW about his friends (Link)