Open Letter to Mormon Bishops

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_daheshism
_Emeritus

Open Letter to Mormon Bishops

Post by _daheshism »

Dear Bishops,

I was told as a young Mormon that you were "common judges in Israel" and you had "the spirit of discernment". You KNEW as a right of office who was lying and telling the truth. Wow!

But, dear bishops....

*When I told you that Mark Hofmann was forging documents, was a liar and a fraud, you accused me of lying and/or being delusional. When it came out I was right, you said "That's neither here nor there".

*When I came to you saying that Mormon women and girls were sleeping with my roommates, again, you accused me of lying, but I wasn't lying.

*When I told you that a girl named Suzanne was playing danerous games with me, you called me a liar, or said her games were "innocent flirtation". But she played this game on a mission with a guy, who killed himself.

*When I told you that Ed Decker was telling everyone in Chile that Mormon missionaries were CIA agents, I said their lives were in danger. You laughed, and said they were under the Lord's protection. But, later six missionaries were killed. WHERE were the Lord's protection?

*You called me a "LIAR" or insinuated it, telling me that Mormon women never do anything sinful unless "forced to" by an evil male. Yet, I saw that Mormon women did sexual sins ALL THE TIME with some males, the more wicked males. They did not chase the morally worthy males. They chased the morally UNclean males. Just the opposite of what you told me. When this was proved, you tried to COVER IT ALL UP instead of admitting you were wrong.

Mormon bishops....HOW am I going to believe you have any Spirit from God? HOW am I going to believe ANYTHING you say? HOW am I going to have any respect for you at all? You are ignorant, self-righteous, DUPES! You are "clowns"....just like what my born-in-the-church Mormon friends told me.
_hatersinmyward
_Emeritus

Re: Open Letter to Mormon Bishops

Post by _hatersinmyward »

Either their integrity is forever damaged and they have since killed themselves or attempted suicide -or- they were welcomed back into the church with an empty empathetic or sympathetic hug and the subject is never to arise again.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

daheshism wrote:When I told you that Mark Hofmann was forging documents, was a liar and a fraud, you accused me of lying and/or being delusional.

Can you blame them?

Really?
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond James Bond »

Note: If you write a letter to Mormon Bishops you'll need to send it to them directly. We don't forward.
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.
_Joseph Antley
_Emeritus

Post by _Joseph Antley »

Have you been to a counselor or therapist?
"I'd say Joseph, that your anger levels are off the charts. What you are, Joseph, is a bully." - Gadianton
"Antley's anger is approaching...levels of volcanic hatred." - Scratch

http://Twitter.com/jtantley
_Socrates
_Emeritus

Post by _Socrates »

Joseph Antley wrote:Have you been to a counselor or therapist?

Is there a counselor or therapist that specializes in irrational beliefs in myths, such as religious constructs?
Mr. Nightlion, "God needs a valid stooge nation and people to play off to wind up the scene."
_Joseph Antley
_Emeritus

Post by _Joseph Antley »

Socrates wrote:
Joseph Antley wrote:Have you been to a counselor or therapist?

Is there a counselor or therapist that specializes in irrational beliefs in myths, such as religious constructs?

Nice oh-snap, but the OP's problems seem to be much bigger and personally-threatening than believing in irrational myths.
"I'd say Joseph, that your anger levels are off the charts. What you are, Joseph, is a bully." - Gadianton
"Antley's anger is approaching...levels of volcanic hatred." - Scratch

http://Twitter.com/jtantley
_Simon Belmont

Post by _Simon Belmont »

Socrates wrote:Is there a counselor or therapist that specializes in irrational beliefs in myths, such as religious constructs?

Or scientific constructs?

Or any Human constructs at all?

We need a constructherapist, pronto!
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Joseph Antley wrote:
Socrates wrote:Is there a counselor or therapist that specializes in irrational beliefs in myths, such as religious constructs?

Nice oh-snap, but the OP's problems seem to be much bigger and personally-threatening than believing in irrational myths.

Understatement of the year.

Because your hangups are so glaringly obvious to everyone but yourself, darrick, you continually set yourself up for easy pot shots and armchair analysis. But you need more serious help than you can get on a message board.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

consiglieri wrote:
daheshism wrote:When I told you that Mark Hofmann was forging documents, was a liar and a fraud, you accused me of lying and/or being delusional.

Can you blame them?

Really?

What I blame is knee jerk thoughtless sheeple like vehemenent defense of the Church, that is later shamelessly excused as, "Oh well I didn't know, you have no right to hold that against me because I thought I was right." I really hate when people vehemently tell me they are sure to the point that they get angry with me for doubting them in the least or not taking their word as the ultimate authority and view any further inquiry elsewhere as a personal attack. Then when it turns out that they were wrong, they're not even sorry about it. If you say you're sure, you better be sure. People do make these kind of belief demands a lot, not just in Church situations. It's almost as irritating to me as people who say they'll do something and then don't do it. Just say you can't do it or won't do it. Just say you don't know for sure, but don't be wrong. And if you are wrong, at least show some remorse.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.