Off topic from Worst LDS talks ever

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Will Schryver
_Emeritus

Off topic from Worst LDS talks ever

Post by _Will Schryver »

Darth J wrote:... just moments ago I burst into flames ...

… udii come una voce potente di una folla immensa nel cielo che diceva: "Alleluia! Salvezza, gloria e potenza sono del nostro Dio; perché veri e giusti sono i suoi giudizi, egli ha condannato la grande meretrice che corrompeva la terra con la sua prostituzione, vendicando su di lei il sangue dei suoi servi!" E per la seconda volta dissero: "Alleluia! Il suo fumo sale nei secoli dei secoli!"
I thought myself the wiser to have viewed the evidence left of such a great demise. I followed every step. But the only thing I ever learned before the journey's end was there was nothing there to learn, only something to forget.
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Re: Worst LDS talks ever

Post by _Analytics »

Will Schryver wrote:

… udii come una voce potente di una folla immensa nel cielo che diceva: "Alleluia! Salvezza, gloria e potenza sono del nostro Dio; perché veri e giusti sono i suoi giudizi, egli ha condannato la grande meretrice che corrompeva la terra con la sua prostituzione, vendicando su di lei il sangue dei suoi servi!" E per la seconda volta dissero: "Alleluia! Il suo fumo sale nei secoli dei secoli!"

In English...

… I heard like a powerful voice of an immense crowd in the sky that said: " Alleluia! Salvation, Gloria and power are of our God; because true and just they are its judgments, it has condemned the great meretrice that corrupted the earth with its prostituzione, revenging on she the blood of its servants! " And for the second time they said: " Alleluia! Its smoke knows them in the centuries of the centuries! "
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_Will Schryver
_Emeritus

Post by _Will Schryver »

Analytics wrote:In English...

… I heard like a powerful voice of an immense crowd in the sky that said: " Alleluia! Salvation, Gloria and power are of our God; because true and just they are its judgments, it has condemned the great meretrice that corrupted the earth with its prostituzione, revenging on she the blood of its servants! " And for the second time they said: " Alleluia! Its smoke knows them in the centuries of the centuries! "

LOL!

Not a very good advertisement for Google Translate.

This is a bit more accurate.
I thought myself the wiser to have viewed the evidence left of such a great demise. I followed every step. But the only thing I ever learned before the journey's end was there was nothing there to learn, only something to forget.
_Will Schryver
_Emeritus

Post by _Will Schryver »

consiglieri wrote:Thanks for making my point, Will.

Grazie a te, davvero, per averne fatto il mio!
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

Will Schryver wrote:

In summary, William Schryver's argument in favor of listening to what the salaried LDS gerontocracy has to say is, "Because if you don't, Santa Claus will put you on the naughty list."
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

Will Schryver wrote:
Analytics wrote:In English...

LOL!

Not a very good advertisement for Google Translate.

This is a bit more accurate.

I thought it was a great translation for a computer (at least until that last verse). Certainly good enough to allow any reader of this forum to recognize what you were quoting.
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

Fratello Schryver:

What is your favorite thing that Thomas S. Monson has prophesied, seen, or revealed?
_Will Schryver
_Emeritus

Post by _Will Schryver »

Darth J wrote:Fratello Schryver:

What is your favorite thing ... prophesied, seen, or revealed?

"... ogni ginocchio si piegherà, ed ogni lingua confesserà dinanzi a lui. Sì, all'ultimo giorno, quando tutti si presenteranno per essere da lui giudicati, allora confesseranno che egli è Dio; allora, coloro che vivono senza Dio nel mondo, confesseranno che il giudizio di una punizione eterna è giusto su di loro; ed essi fremeranno e tremeranno e si ritrarranno sotto lo sguardo del suo occhio onniveggente."

(O, se preferiate, vedete qui.)
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

Will Schryver wrote:
Darth J wrote:Fratello Schryver:

What is your favorite thing ... prophesied, seen, or revealed?

"... ogni ginocchio si piegherà, ed ogni lingua confesserà dinanzi a lui. Sì, all'ultimo giorno, quando tutti si presenteranno per essere da lui giudicati, allora confesseranno che egli è Dio; allora, coloro che vivono senza Dio nel mondo, confesseranno che il giudizio di una punizione eterna è giusto su di loro; ed essi fremeranno e tremeranno e si ritrarranno sotto lo sguardo del suo occhio onniveggente."

(O, se preferiate, vedete qui.)

Thomas S. Monson was an ancient prophet living in a vast Hebrew civilization in the pre-Columbian western hemisphere?

ETA: Will, why did you make "preferire" subjunctive here?
_Will Schryver
_Emeritus

Post by _Will Schryver »

Darth J wrote:ETA: Will, why did you make "preferire" subjunctive here?

LOL!

Perché se la dice proprio così, sebbene tu (ovviamente) non riesca a capirne la ragione.

Che peccato quei due anni hai sprecati ...
Last edited by Guest on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.