Did FAIR Put the "Kibbosh" on Kerry Shirts?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Re: Did FAIR Put the "Kibbosh" on Kerry Shirts?

Post by _Daniel Peterson »

RockSlider wrote:What I found sad is in his recent interview he claimed to have spent much time helping those that struggle.

You think I shouldn't have?

RockSlider wrote:I remember my first post here, and my attempts to seek advice from DCP. But of course his only interest in this board is a continual round of battle with Scratch or his ilk. It seems anyone below his status, or interest is beneath him.

daniel_peterson@byu.edu.

Write to me and find out.

RockSlider wrote:Based on his own words in his interview, it appears even the ward members he was bishop over received the same level of indifference and disrespect.

I loved the members of my ward, and I tried my best to serve them. I spent hundreds of hours each year counseling with them, trying to help them (materially and in career terms, as well as spiritually). They lined up outside my office door by the scores every Sunday and every Wednesday, and contacted me on most days in between. I was typically in my office until past midnight.

From what I can tell, members of that ward seemed to tolerate me okay. Many of them still call me, drop by for visits, invite me to their weddings and receptions, drop me notes to tell of their progress, etc. Most are gone now, but I've been invited back to the ward by them several times to speak at dinners, parties, and the like.

If you choose to judge me harshly and negatively, though, that's certainly your right.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

I loved the members of my ward, and I tried my best to serve them. I spent hundreds of hours each year counseling with them, trying to help them (materially and in career terms, as well as spiritually). They lined up outside my office door by the scores every Sunday and every Wednesday, and contacted me on most days in between. I was typically in my office until past midnight.

Were you posting on the forums during your sessions?

Seriously, I can't remember a time in the past decade when you weren't aggressively engaged on some forum or the other. And didn't you take your family to Yellowstone, like two days ago while continuing to post?

You're the only man I know who has 50 hrs in a day. You spend more time on the forums than I do. Hands down. And I work roughly 65 hrs per week, take my son to baseball, daughter to basketball, make dinner before my wife gets home and lounge in front of ever NCAA football game the football gods are willing to broadcast in my area every Saturday.

But with all this traveling and charity exploding from your pores, I don't know how you have time to post anything at all. All this sacrifice, service, clothing the poor, feeding the hungry, saving marriages, rescuing sheep, consoling the afflicted, and essentially being the quintessential Mormon every Mormon pretends to be offline ... I just don't know how you do it.
_schreech
_Emeritus

Post by _schreech »

Daniel Peterson wrote:I'm not healthy. There is something addictive about gawking at road accidents and reading this board.

Yea, based on the one picture I have seen of you, i would definitely agree that you are not particularly healthy - i actually have some dietary thoughts if you are interested in them....but, hey, at least you are living the letter of the law with regard to the WOW....

That said, I think its wonderful that you find time in your busy(?) schedule to respond to your critics....Most people, with the "celebrity" status that you think you have, wouldn't bother (or have time) to attempt to respond to criticisms posted on some, barely noticed, hardly read, website devoted to the LDS church....But not you! (seems like you are a bit insecure...but, hey, to each his own yea?)....Good on ya...I am glad to see that your failing side hobbies don't take up so much time that you can't come here and look foolish while telling us how busy you are...
"your reasoning that children should be experimented upon to justify a political agenda..is tantamount to the Nazi justification for experimenting on human beings."-SUBgenius on gay parents
"I've stated over and over again on this forum and fully accept that I'm a bigot..." - ldsfaqs
_schreech
_Emeritus

Post by _schreech »

stemelbow wrote:.....

You whine SO MUCH....I can barely read your posts...
"your reasoning that children should be experimented upon to justify a political agenda..is tantamount to the Nazi justification for experimenting on human beings."-SUBgenius on gay parents
"I've stated over and over again on this forum and fully accept that I'm a bigot..." - ldsfaqs
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

So don't.

And don't comment on them, either. You'll be happier, probably, and I won't mind.
_Spurven Ten Sing
_Emeritus

Post by _Spurven Ten Sing »

daniel_peterson@byu.edu.

I would write to you, but what happens when you brush aside what I have to say as beneath you, or say something snide. It's not like I'm allowed to share what you write on the forum. You can say whatever you want and no one's the wiser.

But you know that...
"The best website in prehistory." -Paid Actor www.cavemandiaries.com
_Daniel Peterson
_Emeritus

Spurven Ten Sing wrote:daniel_peterson@byu.edu.

I would write to you, but what happens when you brush aside what I have to say as beneath you, or say something snide. It's not like I'm allowed to share what you write on the forum. You can say whatever you want and no one's the wiser.

But you know that...

Ah, the sneaky deviousness of supplying my e-mail address. You've smoked me out, you cunning rascal.

Yes, bwahahahahahaha! I was planning to lure poor RockSlider into writing to me as a test of whether I would treat him with contempt . . . and then, ROFTL!, I was going to treat him with positively ginormous contempt!!!!! Contempt like he's never seen before!!!!!!!! Ah ha ha ha! Ah ha ha ha! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!

But you, curse you!, have foiled my fiendish plan.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Daniel Peterson wrote:
jon wrote:Perhaps Kerry is the first victim/scapegoat/sacrificial lamb in Dallin O's 'War on Apologetics'...?

For which there is also precisely no evidence.

Such is Scratchthink.

This makes it sound like Scratch was right on the money, but the lack of corroborating evidence served the purpose of clouding the matter. Couldn't somebody just come out and say that Kerry's participation is encouraged by FAIR?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Spurven Ten Sing wrote:daniel_peterson@byu.edu.

But you know that...

Hello,

Perhaps you should write to him and his colleague reference the 2nd Watson Letter? I did so twice, and never received a response. My point? You can write him, at his suggestion, but don't hold your breath expecting a response.

V/R
Dr. Cam
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Hoops
_Emeritus

Post by _Hoops »

Yea, based on the one picture I have seen of you, i would definitely agree that you are not particularly healthy - i actually have some dietary thoughts if you are interested in them....but, hey, at least you are living the letter of the law with regard to the WOW....

Based on your postings I would definetely agree that you are not particularly popular. Who are you to say that DCP is unhealthy? If there's one thing that rivals the pathetic arrogance of your garden variety atheist/humanist/agnostic here, it the arrogance of a food nazi. For all you know, and it's quite possible considering DCP's travels and the food situation in the ME, DCP may have dropped forty pounds in the last month. Or maybe not. REally, if you are not an ex-mormon, you would fit right in. With: you are not worthy unless your slim, wear white shirts, and have no facial hair (for the men, anyway). Nevertheless, weight is not a very good barometer of one's health. But you don't know that because you know no one here will call you on it. As long as you criticize DCP or Mormons in general, well the barking seals will bark away, anxious for more stinking fish masquerading as discussion.

I'm quite sure your dietary thoughts are as ignorant as the rest of the subjects you post about. In other words, a lot of blather, a lot of hot air, with very little knowledge to support them.

Let me guess. In high school, the girls ignored you because you played trumpet in the band. You went off to college and were still ignored while you stood on the 20something yard line at halftime, waiting for the big boys to come back and play ball, blearily playing your trumpet. You finally had enough so you graduated and hit the weight room to turn your 5'8" 150 pound body into 5'8" of gleaming 165 pound muscle. Unfortunately, they still ignore you.

At least DCP played football in high school. you were busy in the chess club and band.

No, DCP doesn't need me to defend him. Yes, he name drops and regales us with his travels with talks in Egypt, then Tunisia, then Atlantis. But that doesn't change the fact that he is a world reknowned academic and he actually does go to these place, he does give important talks, he does meet with powerful/smart people. My first interaction with him he was as rude as one can be (kinda like I'm being right now), but his behavior, because you can't match it, only leaves you with criticizing his appearance. Secure in the knowledge that the athetist/humanist/agnostics on this board will leave you to it, and happily applaud because your trying to insult him. Of course, were you to say the same thing about any of the atheist/humanist/agnostic posters here, well, the gloves would come off and there would be a stampede to defend the one you criticize.

But, it is what it is.