The conspiracy against Stemelbow, real or not...?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_jon
_Emeritus

The conspiracy against Stemelbow, real or not...?

Post by _jon »

I'll leave it as I said and let you all over-react to it. I've said my piece on it. I think you all will over-react to my comments and suggest things I never said, implied nor intended.

Stem, you add little snippets and quips to your posts that reveal an underlying paranoia.
I get the sense that you feel 'the board' is against you and that the 'posters' gang up and co-ordinate their efforts to twist your words and undermine your comments.

I do not believe that to be true, I've said that before. I do not believe your statements of 'you all will over-react'. I think that maybe you couch it this way so that when your arguments crash and burn you can call 'foul' and put it down to you being victimised.

I do not feel it is right to let you continue to malign the board posters with general sweeping statements of 'you guys' and 'you all' etc.

So put up or shut up. Name names and quote...errr....quotes.

CFR on the conspiracy, the ganging up, the whatever you want to call it.
Let's end your paranoid criticisms once and for all.
'Church pictures are not always accurate' (The Nehor May 4th 2011)

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: The conspiracy against Stemelbow, real or not...?

Post by _Some Schmo »

Come on, jon. Don't do this to him. Sure, his posts are a substitute for actual thought, but is that any reason to make him think now?

Kind of cruel, man.

Oh wait, I can't argue with you about this. I'm part of the conspiracy too! Sorry about that. Carry on.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Rambo
_Emeritus

Post by _Rambo »

I don't even think the guy is LDS.
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

jon wrote:Stem, you add little snippets and quips to your posts that reveal an underlying paranoia.

No paranoia, just pointing out the obvious.

I get the sense that you feel 'the board' is against you and that the 'posters' gang up and co-ordinate their efforts to twist your words and undermine your comments.

Nope. you've misunderstood.

I do not believe that to be true, I've said that before. I do not believe your statements of 'you all will over-react'. I think that maybe you couch it this way so that when your arguments crash and burn you can call 'foul' and put it down to you being victimised.

Oh please. It just so happens in that thread I felt people were clearly over-reacting to my comments--that just me took my words to mean something they never were meant to mean and when I said she did so she continued to try and force my words to mean something they were never intended to do. I suppose my calling out "you all" was a bit of an exasperation on my part, as this type of thing happens not just from just me, but from othe rposters as well.

I do not feel it is right to let you continue to malign the board posters with general sweeping statements of 'you guys' and 'you all' etc.

But its so much easier to say "you guys" and "you all" when I'm referring to many posters. I get your point. I'll try to do better.

So put up or shut up. Name names and quote...errr....quotes.

I suppose you didn't read the context from which my comments came? That was a classic case of attempting to force my words into something they were never intended to be. She went from saying I said Mrs. Consig's response was not valid or something. i never said that. When I told her that, she maintained that thought and tried to twist my words into meaning that I said her response was not valid. Somehow I already offended Consig on the matter so I did not wish to go over it agian and again with her. I said my piece. Now you wish to take my comments bring them into another thread and whine about me. What can I do? I'm forced to explain it all to you, I guess.

CFR on the conspiracy, the ganging up, the whatever you want to call it.
Let's end your paranoid criticisms once and for all.

Interesting. I have no paranoid criticism. I do not claim to be ganged up on, as yo uhave attributed to me. I see no vast conspiracy. You are unfairly categorizing my thoughts. Its been clear to me that people will over-react to my comments because I'm TBM and many offensive comments by those who aren't TBM go without notice. Its clear to me that at times, my comments and their intended meaning are twisted to be something they were never intended to be. I don't think that a conspiracy. I don't think I'm paranoid. I think the problem is people have a particular bias. They see things as they want to. They read my words with the bent that I'm a TBM. And largely I think they do it unintentionally.
Love ya tons,
Stem

I ain't nuttin'. don't get all worked up on account of me.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Rambo wrote:I don't even think the guy is LDS.

I thought he might be why me's younger brother.
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

Not trying to twist your words. Trying to clarify. Showing you what your words mean to me, when I use the dictionary definitions of the words.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word "validate" in this context.

When you tell someone that their reaction is an OVERREACTION you are saying that it is beyond the emotion warranted for the situation.

Do you believe her reaction was unwarranted?
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

I mean, good grief, I even look words up in the dictionary to go out of my way NOT to misrepresent your words, stem. For some reason I really am interested in conversing with you. But you make it frustratingly hard most of the time.

Also, if everyone here is having a hard time understanding what you are trying to convey it might just be that your communication skills could use some improvement.

For reference sake, this is what Emotional Validation means:

Emotional validation is the process of learning about, understanding, and expressing acceptance of another person’s emotional experience. Emotional validation is distinguished from emotional invalidation, in which another person’s emotional experiences are rejected, ignored, or judged.

When you said Mrs. Consig was overreacting you were, by definition, invalidating her emotions.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

just me wrote:Not trying to twist your words. Trying to clarify. Showing you what your words mean to me, when I use the dictionary definitions of the words.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word "validate" in this context.

When you tell someone that their reaction is an OVERREACTION you are saying that it is beyond the emotion warranted for the situation.

Do you believe her reaction was unwarranted?

I told you already, that while I see that she seemed to have over-reacted I do not in any way assume to know whether the pain she feels over the issue, unrelated to the topic raised by the HT, which is why I saw it as over-reacting, is valid or not. I'm not playing that game, Just me. I don't think you intended to twist it, or make it appear I'm saying something other than I did say or intended. I don't take it personally. I just think you over-reacted to my comments, have chosen to view them in a less charitable way for whatever reason, and decided to take it in a direction I never intended. I truly think you sincerely have misread me and are continuing to push it. I don't want to go along anymore less my words, unintentionally, get turned into something they never were.
Love ya tons,
Stem

_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

just me wrote:When you said Mrs. Consig was overreacting you were, by definition, invalidating her emotions.

That is simply not true. See my above post. You have clearly misunderstood me.
Love ya tons,
Stem

_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

Some Schmo wrote:Come on, jon. Don't do this to him. Sure, his posts are a substitute for actual thought, but is that any reason to make him think now?

Kind of cruel, man.

Oh wait, I can't argue with you about this. I'm part of the conspiracy too! Sorry about that. Carry on.

yeah, jon, thanks a lot for creatng a thread for Schmoe and probably others to whine about me.
Love ya tons,
Stem