Schryver's Article Is Going To Be Published, Somewhere?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Schryver's Article Is Going To Be Published, Somewhere?

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Over at the appropriately named MAD Board, Will is boasting about is his soon-to-be published article on the Book of Abraham http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/56004-boa-reverse-translation/page_st_20. Will talks about the conspiracy that prevented his work from being previously published. It's an interesting glimps into a paranoid and misogyinstic mind.

It's also interesting that Schryver won't tell anyone where it's going to be published. Any bets? Will, why not tell us?

From MAD:

Mortal Man wrote:
Where? The FARMS Review?

Schryver wrote: Definitely not the FARMS Review.

Mortal Man wrote: I find your theory quite fascinating and I've no doubt you have plenty of data to back it up. Clearly this involves much more than a single anonymous informant. There must be vast network of undercover apparatchiks at the MI to enforce the will of the MDB illuminati. I think you should write an exposé of this crooked conspiracy in the name of free speech, academic enlightenment and raw capitalism. Then team up with Hank Williams to put out an awesome song.

Schyrver wrote:There was most certainly a conspiracy of sorts, that's for sure, and it was deliberately set in motion at a very precise point in time. Clever gambit, that. And when one considers the principals involved, it was an unlikely confederacy--at least it seemed so until viewed in retrospect. That said, to my knowledge none of what happened was done with Paul Hoskisson's approbation.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Re: Schryver's Article Is Going To Be Published, Somewhere?

Post by _Ceeboo »

That board still exists?

Hmmmm?

Last I logged on (a few months back), it said something like "you are not allowed to visit this forum.........GO AWAY".

Well, maybe not the "Go away" part but..........you know.

Peace,
Ceeboo
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:Over at the appropriately named MAD Board, Will is boasting about is his soon-to-be published article on the Book of Abraham http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/56004-Book%20of%20Abraham-reverse-translation/page_st_20. Will talks about the conspiracy that prevented his work from being previously published. It's an interesting glimps into a paranoid and misogyinstic mind.

It's also interesting that Schryver won't tell anyone where it's going to be published. Any bets? Will, why not tell us?

Mad magazine? I don't know. Will doesn't seem nearly cool enough for that. Alfred E. Neuman he is not.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Ceeboo wrote:That board still exists?

Hmmmm?

Last I logged on (a few months back), it said something like "you are not allowed to visit this forum.........GO AWAY".

Well, maybe not the "Go away" part but..........you know.

Peace,
Ceeboo

Unfortunately, it still does exist. However, its numbers are dwindling and according to various internet traffic sites, the viewship has been on a slow, steady and consistent decline for the last two years.

I try not to post over at MAD anymore. The last time I posted at MAD (a couple of months ago), I felt like I needed to wash my hands afterwards.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

sock puppet wrote:
Everybody Wang Chung wrote:Over at the appropriately named MAD Board, Will is boasting about is his soon-to-be published article on the Book of Abraham http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/56004-Book%20of%20Abraham-reverse-translation/page_st_20. Will talks about the conspiracy that prevented his work from being previously published. It's an interesting glimps into a paranoid and misogyinstic mind.

Mad magazine? I don't know. Will doesn't seem nearly cool enough for that. Alfred E. Neuman he is not.

I was thinking that maybe Hustler would want to publish the article. Because of Will's well-documented history of misogyny.

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

con·spir·a·cy kənˈspirəsē n. Two or more people from different sides of the fence who share the same low opinion of William Schryver's rhetoric.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey Everybody Wang Chung,

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Unfortunately, it still does exist. However, its numbers are dwindling and according to various internet traffic sites, the viewship has been on a slow, steady and consistent decline for the last two years.

Sounds like their business model is working.

I try not to post over at MAD anymore. The last time I posted at MAD (a couple of months ago), I felt like I needed to wash my hands afterwards.

Try latex gloves.

Peace,
Ceeboo
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

A conspiracy I says!

Oh Will, only you seem to think you're that important.

Heelarious.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

CaliforniaKid wrote:con·spir·a·cy kənˈspirəsē n. Two or more people from different sides of the fence who share the same low opinion of William Schryver's rhetoric.

LMAO!

Nice one.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

sock puppet wrote:Mad magazine? I don't know. Will doesn't seem nearly cool enough for that. Alfred E. Neuman he is not.

He could call it "The Lighter Side of Inspiration..."

(I think I just dated myself.)
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.