ANOTHER supernatural incident in my life...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

ANOTHER supernatural incident in my life...

Post by _Daheshist »

I grew up in Santa Monica California (and a few other places like Palm Spring and Redwood City). Very nice city. Perfect weather. It is now a rich man's town. Back in the 60s and 70s, it had a rich area, and a middle class, lower middle, and poor. Thanks to BAYWATCH, the city is filled with rich foreigners, and rents are SKY HIGH. $2500 a month for a studio in the poorest part of town.

Anyway, I digress. Back when I was 15 or 16 years old, I was kinda cute. I had no car until I was 17. So, I had to walk or take the bus everywhere. I was too impatient to take the bus often, so I walked. Santa Monica had Public Restrooms at the beach and at parks. One day, I was walking by a park, had to pee bad, so I stopped in. I did NOT know until then, then this men's room at this particular park *4th street park) was a haven for homosexual men to have sex with each other. Did NOT know that.

I go in and stand at the urinal, and this HUGE white guy comes up and starts looking at me, and stands next to me, and finally puts his hand on my ass. I was scared, so I zipped up immediately and ran into a stahl and locked the door. He KICKED the stahl door open (breaking the lock) and had a look on his face of COMPLETE AND UTTER MURDER!!! Because he thought I rejected him. He put up his MASSIVE arms in a strangling mode, and slowly came toward me. His face was one of UTTER RAGE.

At that second, I heard two men laughing as they were walking into the men's room, and talking to each other. The guys face changed from ABSOLUTE RAGE into fear and his arms went down. There was a short hall you had to walk through before you entered the men's room, and it echoed. The men were talking and laughing with each other. Their voices echoed loudly. I quickly slipped past the huge gay man, and bolted out into the hallway. NOBODY WAS THERE. I exited the building, NOBODY WAS THERE. Nowhere. Nowhere to be seen anywhere. I did NOT stop to contemplate this, but RAN as fast I as could away from the park and down the street. Needless to say, I never went into ANY Santa Monica Public Restroom again.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

Re: ANOTHER supernatural incident in my life...

Post by _Daheshist »

Yes, this really happened.
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond James Bond »

Coitus interruptus is an epidemic.
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.
_Tarski
_Emeritus

Post by _Tarski »

Not supernatural.

Why is it that every little puzzle, every little failure of the human cognitive or perceptual apparatus leads people like you to jump all the way to the supernatural (cue spooky music)?
Weirder stuff happens to me and I just say to myself "hmm, weird" and then I go on knowing full well that there are 1000+ possibilities that I just didn't think of ---because I'm human.
That's how magic works by the way. It depends on our many cognitive/perecptual blindspots.

But supernatural???? That is even more far fetched than that it was a well planned prank, a hallucination (moment of stress!!), acoustic focusing, or even that it was aliens fer chrissake. Supernatural is almost by definition the most far fetched explanation possible. But you leap right over an infinity of nuttly but less nutty explanations and go right directly for the supernatural with even the slightest provocation (you heard some echoing voices-lol).
Now that's weird!
when believers want to give their claims more weight, they dress these claims up in scientific terms. When believers want to belittle atheism or secular humanism, they call it a "religion". -Beastie

yesterday's Mormon doctrine is today's Mormon folklore.-Buffalo
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

Post by _Daheshist »

IT was not my "imagination" because the HUGE gay man HEARD THEM TOO! That's the only reason he stopped coming at me as if to strangle me.

I suppose it is theorhetically possible for the two men to slip behind the building, but they could have had to run out and around. It took me all of 4 second to get into the hall (where the voices were) after I we heard the voices echoing. So, those men had 4 seconds to run out of the hallway, and around the corner of the building. Possible, but not likely.

Tarski wrote:Not supernatural.

Why is it that every little puzzle, every little failure of the human cognitive or perceptual apparatus leads people like you to jump all the way to the supernatural (cue spooky music)?
Weirder stuff happens to me and I just say to myself "hmm, weird" and then I go on knowing full well that there are 1000+ possibilities that I just didn't think of ---because I'm human.
That's how magic works by the way. It depends on our many cognitive/perecptual blindspots.

But supernatural???? That is even more far fetched than that it was a well planned prank, a hallucination (moment of stress!!), acoustic focusing, or even that it was aliens for chrissake. Supernatural is almost by definition the most far fetched explanation possible. But you leap right over an infinity of nuttly but less nutty explanations and go right directly for the supernatural with even the slightest provocation (you heard some echoing voices-lol).
Now that's weird!
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Was the guy in leather gear? I find myself wanting to know.

(Also was it George Michael? Because that's resume material there.)
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

Post by _Daheshist »

No, he was not. He was a HUGE white guy, in a striped short sleave shirt. I'd say he was 6 feet 4 and about 280 pounds. I'm about 280 now, but back at 15/16 I was 5'10 and about 160 at most.

When I got out of the building I looked back, and I could clearly see the front and left sides of the building, nobody there. Nobody I could see around. The two guys talking and laughing, would have 4 seconds or less to exit the building and run behind it for me not to see them. Highly doubtful, especially since they were coming into the building, not leaving it, when both of us heard their voices.

I truly believe that if those voices had not been heard by both of us, I would have been raped at least, and possibly raped and murdered by that gay man. I'm serious.

Gays in Leather gear are only in San Francisco and West Hollywood. They don't wear that crap in Santa Monica.

Bond James Bond wrote:Was the guy in leather gear? I find myself wanting to know.

(Also was it George Michael? Because that's resume material there.)
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

I am with Tarski on this Darrick. If it was a gay men haunt those guys used BOTH the mens and the womens. You heard guys busting into the girls room next door through the vents. laughing it up and that's were they still were when you bolted.

By the way. I was in Santa Monica for the winter of 69-70 and I walked down to the beach everyday in January from my room up in Hollywood off Sunset on Gardner. I purposely wanted to walk that far. It was part of my meditations. Were you there then? Did you ever visit with the Tony Alamo cult of Jesus Freaks? The one time I visited with them I was cast out by Mr Tony himself for calling his meeting an abomination.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Daheshist wrote:No, he was not. He was a HUGE white guy, in a striped short sleave shirt. I'd say he was 6 feet 4 and about 280 pounds. I'm about 280 now, but back at 15/16 I was 5'10 and about 160 at most.

When I got out of the building I looked back, and I could clearly see the front and left sides of the building, nobody there. Nobody I could see around. The two guys talking and laughing, would have 4 seconds or less to exit the building and run behind it for me not to see them. Highly doubtful, especially since they were coming into the building, not leaving it, when both of us heard their voices.

I truly believe that if those voices had not been heard by both of us, I would have been raped at least, and possibly raped and murdered by that gay man. I'm serious.

I'm glad you didn't get raped and murdered by the bear gay.

Gays in Leather gear are only in San Francisco and West Hollywood. They don't wear that crap in Santa Monica.

How do you know that? :question:

MASH quotes
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

Post by _Daheshist »

I grew up mostly in Santa Monica, California. Walked all around that city from one end to the other. Never saw a "leather man" on the street, outside a bar, etc.
I used to drive to Hollywood ocassionally, and I'd see "leather men" on the sidewalk in West Hollywood.

I spent the last 5 months of my mission in San Francisco. Saw "leather men" on the street in the Castro District, walking around, outside of bars, etc. Why did I drive to Hollywood? Me and my two friends got a "kick" at looking at the whores on the street in Hollywood. Some were drag queens. We thought it was entertaining. NO...we never stopped and talked with one. We were 17ish at the time.

I truly believe that my Guardian Spirit(s) saved me from death or great harm that day in the Men's Room at Hotchkiss Park in Santa Monica, California. That was NOT the only time they did so! I know of at least three other incidents: one near Tacoma Washington, another on my mission when a car missed me (but could not have), and another time in Sacramento when two black thugs came to pay me a visit.

Gays in Leather gear are only in San Francisco and West Hollywood. They don't wear that s*** in Santa Monica.

How do you know that? :question:[/quote]