Neighborhood watch killer was not racist

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Neighborhood watch killer was not racist

Post by _DarkHelmet »

The neighborhood watch guy who killed Trayvon Martin was not motivated by race. He used the word "coon", but he was most likely referring to Trayvon Martin's lineage not his race, so it's OK.

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-kil ... -news.html
On a tape of one of Zimmerman's 911 calls the night of the shooting, he is heard saying under his breath what sounds like "f**ing coons." Seconds later he confronted Martin and after a brief scuffle shot him dead.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Re: Neighborhood watch killer was not racist

Post by _Buffalo »

Exactly. He wasn't judging the boy by the color of his skin, only his African lineage. Ergo, no racist.
Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

How many times do you guys need to be told...?

The black skin was just the sign of the curse of the lineage of the less valiant righteous souls who weren't quite as ready for the Priesthood as the whities were prior to 1978.

Now we just don't know what the reason for the lineagist policy was, but it's behind us so I hope the c***s are going to shut up about it.
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

I heard he was judging him by his hoodie.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

bcspace wrote:I heard he was judging him by his hoodie.

Dark hoodies being from the line of Spaulding.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

People who hate Mormons only hate them because of their heritage. So it's not religious bigotry.
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

DarkHelmet wrote:The neighborhood watch guy who killed Trayvon Martin was not motivated by race. He used the word "coon", but he was most likely referring to Trayvon Martin's lineage not his race, so it's OK.

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-kil ... -news.html
On a tape of one of Zimmerman's 911 calls the night of the shooting, he is heard saying under his breath what sounds like "f**ing coons." Seconds later he confronted Martin and after a brief scuffle shot him dead.

If I am not mistaken, I have read the the shooter was hispanic. Racism is not just white/black. It crosses racial lines and is part and parcel of american life.
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_Hoops
_Emeritus

Post by _Hoops »

I would appear that there is some doubt to the facts as you've presented them.

How unusual.
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Post by _Buffalo »

Hoops comes in to crap on another thread, contributing no information or argument, only vague snark.

How unusual.
Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

why me wrote:
If I am not mistaken, I have read the the shooter was hispanic. Racism is not just white/black. It crosses racial lines and is part and parcel of american life.

That's true, but this wasn't even a racist act.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775