WRITE TO 60 MINUTES (CBS) about "Curse of Cain Cover-up"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

WRITE TO 60 MINUTES (CBS) about "Curse of Cain Cover-up"

Post by _Daheshist »

"60 Minutes" might do a 15 minute segment on "Mitt Romney and the Curse of Cain" _______if_______ they get enough letters saying "Please do a segment on this".

I'm writing. Anybody else willing to write to 60 minutes requesting such a segment?

You need to FAX YOUR LETTER to CBS News, because they get thousands of snail-mail letters a month. FAX to:

212-975-1893 (FAX)

ATTENTION: Producers, 60 Minutes

To the Producers of "60 Minutes"
Date: 23 March 2012
Subject: Romney and the Curse of Cain

Dear Producers of "60 Minutes",

I am a former believing Mormon.The Mormon Church is currently involved in a major cover-up. The Church taught as doctrine for 130 years (1848-1978) that "Negroes" are the inferior and "cursed children of Cain" and that a black skin was the "mark" of Cain. That is why Mormon leaders banned them for 130 years from the priesthood and temples. Now, the Church is saying "That was never a doctrine of the Church". They are lying! Perhaps you may consider doing a segment on "The Mormon Church and the CUrse of Cain" or perhaps interview Gov. Romney and do a segment "Romney and the Curse of Cain"; because you can be sure of two things:
1. Romney will be the Republican nominee.
2. Pro-Obama forces will use the "Curse of Cain" against Romney!
This is a major story. If you interview Romney, he should be asked:
"Govenor, have you heard of the Curse of Cain Doctrine that your Church used to teach?"
Romney will equivocate.
"Govenor Romney, do you think that the Curse of Cain Doctrine, taught by your Church for 130 years, was a mistake?"
He will equivocate
"Govenor, do you want the leaders of your Church to issue a Public Apology for the Curse of Cain Doctrine?"
?????????
Please consider doing a segment on "Romney and the Curse of Cain" now, because as soon as he is nominated, the pro-Obama forces will use the "Curse of Cain" against him, all the time. You can read more about these things by going to Google and typing in "Mormon racism" and also "Curse of Cain Doctrine" or by contacting me (Darrick Evenson) at the email address below. Thank you.
(Your name here)
darrick_evenson@yahoo.com"

NOTE: you must FAX your letter, otherwise the producers may not see your letter or email. FAX it. FedEx Offices (formerly "Kinko's) has fax machines. Costs about $3 to fax. Please do so...everybody.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
_RayAgostini

Re: WRITE TO 60 MINUTES (CBS) about "Curse of Cain Cover-up"

Post by _RayAgostini »

Daheshist wrote:"60 Minutes" might do a 15 minute segment on "Mitt Romney and the Curse of Cain" _______if_______ they get enough letters saying "Please do a segment on this".

I'm writing. Anybody else willing to write to 60 minutes requesting such a segment?

How would you word this request? Have you written 60 Minutes? If so, share your letter here.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

Why CBS? Because they're just biased enough to do it?
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_lulu
_Emeritus

Post by _lulu »

bcspace wrote:Why CBS? Because they're just biased enough to do it?

Can't wait to see the Mike Wallace interview of bcspace
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

Post by _Daheshist »

kTo the Producers of "60 Minutes"

Dear Friends,

The Mormon Church is currently involved in a major cover-up. The Church taught as doctrine for 130 years (1848-1978) that "Negroes" are the inferior and "cursed children of Cain" and that a black skin was the "mark" of Cain. That is why Mormon leaders banned them for 130 years from the priesthood and temples. Now, the Church is saying "That was never a doctrine of the Church". They are lying! Perhaps you may consider doing a segment on "The Mormon Church and the CUrse of Cain" or perhaps interview Gov. Romney and do a segment "Romney and the Curse of Cain"; because you can be sure of two things:
1. Romney will be the Republican nominee.
2. Pro-Obama forces will use the "Curse of Cain" against Romney!
This is a major story. If you interview Romney, he should be asked:
"Govenor, have you heard of the Curse of Cain Doctrine that your Church used to teach?"
Romney will equivocate.
"Govenor Romney, do you think that the Curse of Cain Doctrine, taught by your Church for 130 years, was a mistake?"
He will equivocate
"Govenor, do you want the leaders of your Church to issue a Public Apology for the Curse of Cain Doctrine?"
?????????
Please consider doing a segment on "Romney and the Curse of Cain" now, because as soon as he is nominated, the pro-Obama forces will use the "Curse of Cain" against him, all the time. You can read more about these things by going to Google and typing in "Mormon racism" and also "Curse of Cain Doctrine" or by contacting me. Thank you.
Darrick Evenson
(email)"

RayAgostini wrote:
Daheshist wrote:"60 Minutes" might do a 15 minute segment on "Mitt Romney and the Curse of Cain" _______if_______ they get enough letters saying "Please do a segment on this".

How would you word this request? Have you written 60 Minutes? If so, share your letter here.
_RayAgostini

Post by _RayAgostini »

Daheshist wrote:kTo the Producers of "60 Minutes"

Dear Friends,....

For balance, perhaps you should also forward this link:

Dispelling the Myth of the “Curse of Cain”.

Or encourage them to read, in full: Neither White nor Black: Mormon Scholars Confront the Race Issue in a Universal Church Lester E. Bush, Jr. and Armand L. Mauss, editors.

We all know that "60 Minutes" will surely do this, right? What you really want, Darrick, is just to heap more prejudice and persecution upon the Church, and to ensure that America never has Mormon president, because of its "wacko beliefs" (the irony).

Did Kennedy believe in transubstantiation? Perhaps, but more important is that he even associated with a Church that did, yet was still elected president.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

They're already too busy using the Florida neighborhood watch shooting to play the race card; except that they're playing it against the Hispanics.
:lol:
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

bcspace wrote:They're already too busy using the Florida neighborhood watch shooting to play the race card; except that they're playing it against the Hispanics.
:lol:

They being the producers of 60 Minutes?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

Post by _Daheshist »

Ummmmmmm....here is the truth:

1. The Church DID teach the Curse of Cain Doctrine as "a doctrine of the Church" for 130 years.

2. The Church NOW says: "It was never a doctrine".

3. The Church is lying.

If the Church STOPS LYING....there is no reason I would have to want to
expose their lying.

I would rather that the Church DID NOT LIE. A True Church....does no tneed to "lie" to help it along.

RayAgostini wrote:
Daheshist wrote:kTo the Producers of "60 Minutes"

Dear Friends,....

For balance, perhaps you should also forward this link:

Dispelling the Myth of the “Curse of Cain”.

Or encourage them to read, in full: Neither White nor Black: Mormon Scholars Confront the Race Issue in a Universal Church Lester E. Bush, Jr. and Armand L. Mauss, editors.

We all know that "60 Minutes" will surely do this, right? What you really want, Darrick, is just to heap more prejudice and persecution upon the Church, and to ensure that America never has Mormon president, because of its "wacko beliefs" (the irony).

Did Kennedy believe in transubstantiation? Perhaps, but more important is that he even associated with a Church that did, yet was still elected president.
_RayAgostini

Post by _RayAgostini »

Daheshist wrote:Ummmmmmm....here is the truth:

1. The Church DID teach the Curse of Cain Doctrine as "a doctrine of the Church" for 130 years.

2. The Church NOW says: "It was never a doctrine".

3. The Church is lying.

If the Church STOPS LYING....there is no reason I would have to want to
expose their lying.

I would rather that the Church DID NOT LIE. A True Church....does no tneed to "lie" to help it along.

And who is "the Church"?

Where were you when you heard that the ban was lifted on blacks in the priesthood?

I can remember exactly where I was. For us that's the "where we [were] when Kennedy was shot," this deep, deep, spiritual, emotional moment in the history of the church. I was a very young commissioner of education, still in my 30s, and I was coming over from my office in the church office building to the suite of General Authority offices for something or other. ... I walked into the office of the General Authority I was going to see, and he said, "Have you heard the news?" This was barely moments out of the temple meeting and the announcement where it was official. And I said: "What news? I haven't heard any news." And he said all worthy men -- regardless of race or status or circumstance -- all worthy men are to receive priesthood.

You're going to think all I do is cry, but this is in the same family as that missionary experience I described to you. I started to cry, and I was absolutely uncontrollable. I felt my way to a chair ... and I sort of slumped from the doorway into the chair and held my head, my face in my hands and sobbed. ...

There's no issue in all my life that I had prayed more regarding -- praying that it would change, praying that it would come in due time. I was willing to have the Lord speak, and I was loyal to the position and the brethren and the whole concept, but there was nothing about which I had anguished more or about which I had prayed more. And for that to be said in my lifetime, when I wasn't sure it would happen in my lifetime, ... it was one of the absolute happiest days of my life. ...

One clear-cut position is that the folklore must never be perpetuated. ... I have to concede to my earlier colleagues. ... They, I'm sure, in their own way, were doing the best they knew to give shape to [the policy], to give context for it, to give even history to it. All I can say is however well intended the explanations were, I think almost all of them were inadequate and/or wrong. ...

It probably would have been advantageous to say nothing, to say we just don't know, and, [as] with many religious matters, whatever was being done was done on the basis of faith at that time. But some explanations were given and had been given for a lot of years. ... At the very least, there should be no effort to perpetuate those efforts to explain why that doctrine existed. I think, to the extent that I know anything about it, as one of the newer and younger ones to come along, ... we simply do not know why that practice, that policy, that doctrine was in place.

(Emphasis added)

Jeffrey R. Holland, PBS interview.