unban Jersey Girl

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Re: unban Jersey Girl

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey Paul

Shulem wrote:
Give me a break.

Okay (How does 2-3 days sound? I could use the peace)

One last past before I grant Paul his break.

As this thread will surely continue on, I hope that those who have had long standing relationships will weigh the entire time invested with, to, and for each other as they measure this recent episode.

It is my opinion that what hangs in the balance (For many individuals as well as this collective community) is far greater and more valuable than a mere issue of a ban.

See you all in a few days. :smile:

Peace,
Ceeboo
_Hoops
_Emeritus

Post by _Hoops »

EAllusion wrote:
Ceeboo wrote:has entirely no method at all
Ceeboo

That aside, I think you are getting awfully riled up here in a way that I don't see as characteristic of you.

Assuming this is true, why do you think it's so?
_cafe crema
_Emeritus

Post by _cafe crema »

hobo1512 wrote:
why me wrote:
texan sounds like sirthomas. And his posts mirror the posts of sirthomas. I have a suspicion that they are one of the same. I have no inclination to read such bitterness and rant.

It would not do my soul any good. I just feel sorry for catholics who can not seem to live their faith and find peace without bashing the lds church.

LMAO , wouldn't do your soul any good? feel sorry for Catholics?, bashing the lds church?

You are just too hysterical for words :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought you were Catholic? No wait, you're Mormon, no wait, you're both.

Dude, step away from the bong!!

Yet he's been inclined read enough of the Texan's posts to determine he is Sir Thomas. Seems he can't find peace without harping about the posters at CAF, he keeps it up here and at MAD. :rolleyes:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Ceeboo wrote:See you all in a few days. :smile:

Peace,
Ceeboo

Fair enough, and have a nice break. Do something nice for yourself like a long walk in the park or, perhaps a hike in nearby trails. Maybe you can buy yourself a new pair of pants or a cool looking shirt. Treat yourself. You really need to take some time to yourself.

Paul O
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Ceeboo wrote:What an enormously disappointing thread!

What a troubling example of how we human beings can treat one another!

What a disturbing display of our collective community!

What more can I possibly type!

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Peace,
Ceeboo

Welcome to exmormonland. :twisted:
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

cafe crema wrote:Yet he's been inclined read enough of the Texan's posts to determine he is Sir Thomas. Seems he can't find peace without harping about the posters at CAF, he keeps it up here and at MAD. :rolleyes:

Sir thom was banned but in a way I am glad that he is back if it is him. He is giving the board a bad name. I know of catholics who will not post on that forum because of the non-catholic threads. They are ashamed. But I kinda of felt sorry for parker. I remember that I told him that he is wasting his time and would be banned eventually. He was kind, courteous, and knowledgeable. But he did cause some of the more rabid Mormon haters a headache. Too many report buttons were pushed and there is nothing worse than the Mormon haters to report a possible loss of catholic faith due to his posts. Former Mormons do not want to be reminded about the logic and goodness of their past faith. This is why there is so much protection on exmormon boards. But gone he is.
Now the exmormon catholics who remind me of the mobs in the 1830's are mentally masturbating about the Mormons and the Mormon faith along with the more mormonhating catholics. They are generally speaking to themselves now as the Mormons have been banned.

I am sure that you also reported parker...right? :question:
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Remember this is a board for discussions and not for personal attacks to relieve stress and anxiety or personal threats to relieve life's frustrations. Such posts have no place on a discussion board.
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

marg wrote: Given the lax moderation of this board...it seems reasonable that Jersey Girl's reaction was in large part a function of frustration due to excessively lax moderation which tends to protect harassers leaving individuals being harassed with little if any moderating protection.

This is true and my point with my previous post.
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond James Bond »

Everyone should look forward to when Jersey Girl gets back on (via sock or whatever) and this whole issue can be hashed out for another 300 or 3000 posts. :wink:
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

The reason I have been reluctant to weigh in on this is because I don't like kicking a person when he or she is down. Specifically, I prefer not to mention when someone has been banned, much less the reasons behind it, because he or she is ipso facto not around to defend him- or herself.

But apparently you want to hear my reasoning anyway.

After a dust-up with Daheshist, Jersey Girl made the following threat in this post, emphasis added:

". . . you guys are gonna have a legal f*****g fight on your hands and I'll initiate it.

Keep in mind that there are no published disclaimers on this board so admin is in it up to their eyeballs if they don't knock this guy off the board."

Note that she didn't say that "Daheshist is gonna have a legal f*****g fight on his hands and I'll initiate it." Nor did she say that "Daheshist is in it up to his eyeballs if he doesn't voluntarily leave the board." In other words, we moderators were going to be sued, not him.

In this post, she declared her seriousness by saying:

Liability is a bitch, EA, and make no mistake about it, so am I. No part of me is willing to stand idly by while a person makes threats against myself and others without moving on it.

I'm giving the mod team 15 minutes from the time this post goes up to block Darrick and assure this community that he has indeed been blocked. If I don't see that happening, I'll begin with filing a complaint.

We typically don't announce people's bannings for the reasons I outlined at the beginning of this post, so EAllusion was under no obligation to post on the board itself that Daheshist had been banned. If she had been curious, she could've sent a PM to either him or any of the other moderators inquiring whether or not he had indeed been banned (he had been).

Nevertheless, she proceeded to file her complaint, thus "sealing the deal" on the fact that she was 100% serious and not just making idle threats.

Note that she said that she will begin with filing a complaint. She didn't say that she would end with filing a complaint. The fact that she got what she wanted is the only reason we haven't been served with papers. (Thank God that this happened on a weekend and all the lawyers were out of their offices.) If we had failed to meet her demands, the "legal f*****g fight" would be in full swing right now.

People have said that she felt threatened. Well, if she had felt threatened, then the correct course of action is to threaten DAHESHIST with a "legal f*****g fight," not us moderators. Or call the police on him. Or just log off the computer.

Here's my thought process: I can handle it if the board gets sued. Heck, if I'm guilty of some sort of wrongdoing, I can even handle it if I get sued. But what I simply can't handle is if me and my moderators get sued for something that a completely unrelated third party does. What makes it worse is if a lawsuit can come crashing down on my head due merely to my not being online during an arbitrary 15 minute segment of time.

You see, I am a man of limited means, and I simply cannot afford to have the bread taken out of my children's mouths for something that someone else might do. Nor do I want my moderators subject to the same liability. Sure, people have said that such a lawsuit would be frivolous, but defending oneself from any lawsuit, frivolous or not, requires untold amounts of time and money.

I'm sorry, but I simply can't live with the Sword of Damocles hanging over my neck 24/7. I simply can't risk having the bread taken out of my children's mouths the next time some wing-nut pisses her off 15 minutes prior to my logging in to the board.

Yes, she has been a cyber-friend of mine for many years now. Yes, it pains me that I had to make a choice between her continued participation and, quite possibly, becoming unable to feed my children. But moderatorial consistency demands that I don't treat my friends any differently from the way I treat everyone else.

There. Satisfied?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley