unban Jersey Girl

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Morley
_Emeritus

unban Jersey Girl

Post by _Morley »

I vote that Jersey Girl be removed from being permanently banned. I understand that she wasn't responsible for getting the board shut down. Does anyone have clarification on this issue?
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Re: unban Jersey Girl

Post by _Bond James Bond »

I vote for un-ban as well.
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.
_Darth J
_Emeritus

Post by _Darth J »

In the spirit of the boycott threats regarding Darrick, either Jersey Girl gets unbanned, or ldsfaqs will leave the board.
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

I have no idea why she was banned. She should be reinstated if her offense was mild.
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

Being able to check in only infrequently, I don't know why Jersey Girl was banned. I did know that the site was shut down (for a while I thought that maybe the site was being blocked in the country because of religious content, but since the MADBoard remained unaffected, I decided it was probably something else).

Anyway, since I was not offended by whatever jersey girl did or did not do, I would also support a lifting of the ban.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_Manfred
_Emeritus

Post by _Manfred »

I believe the mods only suspended her for a week (and that week is up). She was banned for threatening litigation against the board's admin. See this post and the rest of the thread to see how it went down.
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

Morley wrote:I vote that Jersey Girl be removed from being permanently banned. I understand that she wasn't responsible for getting the board shut down. Does anyone have clarification on this issue?

Jersey Girl was banned for a week pending further consideration of her actions - some of those actions we may not be aware of.

In my opinion the mods do, and in this case did, a good job of managing this boards content whilst maintaining its ability to be a free speech forum.

I vote for allowing the mods to get on with being the mods.
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_LDSToronto
_Emeritus

Post by _LDSToronto »

Jersey Girl was perma-banned.
"Others cannot endure their own littleness unless they can translate it into meaningfulness on the largest possible level."
~ Ernest Becker
"Whether you think of it as heavenly or as earthly, if you love life immortality is no consolation for death."
~ Simone de Beauvoir
_Nomomo
_Emeritus

Post by _Nomomo »

Obviously anyone who threatens the Board with litigation should be banned permanently. End of story. To argue otherwise is ridiculous.
The Universe is stranger than we can imagine.
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

SeattleGhostWriter actually shut down the board but was never even temporarily banned. Joseph suggested that he was going shut the board down for weeks, but was never treated with a ban.

I'm not sure of all what happened with Jersey Girl. I understand that she felt like her life had been threatened. I am asking for some transparency on this issue.

From what I understand to be the facts, I don't think Jersey deserves permanent ban.