MD&D thread on John Dehlin

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Equality
_Emeritus

Re: MD&D thread on John Dehlin

Post by _Equality »

stemelbow wrote:
Equality wrote:That's one place where you called him a liar. You said he "made up a story about how DCP claimed there was an alleged essay." Then you said that what John said "wasn't true." To normal, rational people, that's tantamount to calling someone a liar. And, of course, what you say is a complete fabrication. John never "made up a story about how DCP claimed there was an alleged essay." You are the one who lied when you said that about John. And now you have compounded it by lying about it again here. I'm not "worked up" in the slightest.

My goodness, my man. I don't know about you, but I never think someone is a liar if they say something that is not true. Afterall every single person I've ever known has said something not true. I'd imagine every single person who has ever lived has lied. Saying something not true does not mean someone is a liar. Hope that helps.

I'm not going on about it anymore. He apologized. No need to drag it out. you don't like it, please just drop it. I will too. Deal?

There you go again. He apologized for the tone of his earlier post. He did not apologize for any of the stuff of which you accused him and he did not do. Are you constitutionally able to not dissemble, deflect, and denigrate?
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

stemelbow wrote:I don't know about you, but I never think someone is a liar if they say something that is not true. Afterall every single person I've ever known has said something not true. I'd imagine every single person who has ever lived has lied. Saying something not true does not mean someone is a liar. Hope that helps.

You lie constantly. Ergo, you are a liar. At least in this place.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

Buffalo wrote:What's your motivation, then? Have you lost your fear of god but not your slavish devotion to defending NAMIRS members at all costs?

Just interested in truths and seeking out useful ways to communicate. I also hope to help you guys see the light. Not the light as in bringing back itno the Church or whatever, but the light in showing you how your criticisms aren't very valid, quite often.
Love ya tons,
Stem

I ain't nuttin'. don't get all worked up on account of me.
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

Kishkumen wrote:You lie constantly. Ergo, you are a liar. At least in this place.

Nice try potatoes. Wherein have I lied? And please document a constant supply of lies.
Love ya tons,
Stem

_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

stemelbow wrote:Just interested in truths and seeking out useful ways to communicate.

Wow. There's a whopper if I ever read one. That is the opposite of what you do.

stemelbow wrote:I also hope to help you guys see the light. Not the light as in bringing back itno the Church or whatever, but the light in showing you how your criticisms aren't very valid, quite often.

What would you know about valid? I have seen little or no evidence that valid is a concept that you are familiar with.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

Equality wrote:
There you go again. He apologized for the tone of his earlier post. He did not apologize for any of the stuff of which you accused him and he did not do. Are you constitutionally able to not dissemble, deflect, and denigrate?

I didn't say he apologized for anything other than his anger and such. I am merely saying I do not wish to beat it anymore, because he did apologize for something.

Now go on, dear sir, and think me a liar if you must. Just like ol' Kishkumen. I think it's easier that way. [i]Mormons are liars...that's why I don't like 'em[/]
Love ya tons,
Stem

_Stormy Waters

Post by _Stormy Waters »

Classic apologetics.
You give an honest answer and immediately they villainize you.
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

Kishkumen wrote:Wow. There's a whopper if I ever read one. That is the opposite of what you do.

What would you know about valid? I have seen little or no evidence that valid is a concept that you are familiar with.

Accusations are easy in this place. It's easy to go after a Mormon, afterall. Let's just all settle down and communicate as grownups. I mean if you want. If you want to send me packing...just say so. I'll know where you stand, at least.
Love ya tons,
Stem

_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

stemelbow wrote:Nice try potatoes. Wherein have I lied? And please document a constant supply of lies.

Stem, your pattern of deceit is laced throughout the threads on this board. We have watched you lie your way through this event, just as you have lied your way through others. All interested parties can follow up on it.

It's not like an epic liar like you would ever cop to your long trail of deceptions. That's not how you roll.

You're kind of like Bob Crockett in that respect. There is a man with no moral compass, just like you.
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

Stormy Waters wrote:Classic apologetics.
You give an honest answer and immediately they villainize you.

Hey, that's been happening to me around here. it ain't just apologetics afterall. All sorts of folks do that to others.
Love ya tons,
Stem