MD&D thread on John Dehlin

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Re: MD&D thread on John Dehlin

Post by _stemelbow »

Kishkumen wrote:Stem, your pattern of deceit is laced throughout the threads on this board. We have watched you lie your way through this event, just as you have lied your way through others. All interested parties can follow up on it.

It's not like an epic liar like you would ever cop to your long trail of deceptions. That's not how you roll.

You're kind of like Bob Crockett in that respect. There is a man with no moral compass, just like you.

I appreciate the commentary. I get where you're coming from. But if you got nothing, then you got nothing. I suppose if you got nothing you just spout out some rough comments and watch the masses pat you ont he back. Such is the tact of this joint--Go after Mormons for doing their best, even if they make mistakes.
Love ya tons,
Stem

I ain't nuttin'. don't get all worked up on account of me.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

stemelbow wrote:Just like ol' Kishkumen. I think it's easier that way. [i]Mormons are liars...that's why I don't like 'em[/]

Temper, temper, stem.

You shouldn't hate me just because I am Mormon. And you certainly shouldn't stereotype all Mormons like me as liars.

You should save such an accusation for a person like yourself, who has demonstrated a consistent pattern of deception.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Post by _Buffalo »

stemelbow wrote:
Buffalo wrote:What's your motivation, then? Have you lost your fear of god but not your slavish devotion to defending NAMIRS members at all costs?

Just interested in truths and seeking out useful ways to communicate. I also hope to help you guys see the light. Not the light as in bringing back itno the Church or whatever, but the light in showing you how your criticisms aren't very valid, quite often.

Clearly not, given your willingness to blatantly and intentionally lie about John Dehlin.
Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

stemelbow wrote:
Kishkumen wrote:You lie constantly. Ergo, you are a liar. At least in this place.

Nice try potatoes. Wherein have I lied? And please document a constant supply of lies.

It's documented three posts above where you posted this comment. I swear, you act as if you are getting paid by the post here. Are you playing a drinking game where everyone takes a shot every time you lie and get called on it?
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

stemelbow wrote:But if you got nothing, then you got nothing.

Asked and answered, stem.

You fallaciously insinuated the John Dehlin lied. You knew he did not, but you persisted. All of this was about distracting until the heat was off. When John apologizes, being the bigger man, both literally and metaphorically, then you pretended that you think he is some great guy. But it was mostly your satisfaction that the heat was decreasing.

We know how it goes. You're not fooling most of us.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Carton
_Emeritus

Post by _Carton »

Stormy Waters wrote:
Carton wrote:Who have the apologists ever "banned"? What does it mean to be "banned" from FARMS/MI?

In the case of MI It would look like them not publishing your work.

Interesting stuff. I've heard about this, but never saw it first hand.

However, just the other day Schryver wrote this: Schryver Articles to be Published?

Is Schryver just throwing out more BS, or has the MI changed it's mind? Or maybe he's just going to "publish" his stuff on his DCP's blog or something like that? :lol:
"I do not want you to think that I am very righteous, for I am not."
Joseph Smith (History of the Church 5:401)
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

Buffalo wrote:Clearly not, given your willingness to blatantly and intentionally lie about John Dehlin.

I didn't blatantly and intentionally lie about him. I clearly expressed how he mischaracterized, thus was dishonest, in his attempt to represent Daniel's blog. I think that was clear. You guys simply won't see his mistake, intentional or not, and will blindly go along drinking kool-aid of some sort. Don't worry, don't think I don't realize how cute it is.
Love ya tons,
Stem

_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Post by _Buffalo »

stemelbow wrote:
Buffalo wrote:Clearly not, given your willingness to blatantly and intentionally lie about John Dehlin.

I didn't blatantly and intentionally lie about him. I clearly expressed how he mischaracterized, thus was dishonest, in his attempt to represent Daniel's blog. I think that was clear. You guys simply won't see his mistake, intentional or not, and will blindly go along drinking kool-aid of some sort. Don't worry, don't think I don't realize how cute it is.

The more you multiply your falsehood, the more, in theory, God will hold you accountable. Isn't that true?
Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Post by _Buffalo »

Carton wrote:
Is Schryver just throwing out more BS, or has the MI changed it's mind? Or maybe he's just going to "publish" his stuff on his DCP's blog or something like that? :lol:

I'm sure it will be self-published. Or published by the kind of publisher that prints UFO books.

_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

Kishkumen wrote:Asked and answered, stem.

You fallaciously insinuated the John Dehlin lied. You knew he did not, but you persisted. All of this was about distracting until the heat was off. When John apologizes, being the bigger man, both literally and metaphorically, then you pretended that you think he is some great guy. But it was mostly your satisfaction that the heat was decreasing.

We know how it goes. You're not fooling most of us.

Not really. At some point when the healthy eyed aren't willing to look, it get's old trying to show them. John suggested DCP was claiming any essay was alleged, and thought that was great. When in fact, it was clear, DCP was denying the claim of "hit piece" and "smear". I think you even pointed that out.

I really wanted to just drop it. He seems to. I do to. But you guys are persistent little poops.
Love ya tons,
Stem