MD&D thread on John Dehlin

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Re: MD&D thread on John Dehlin

Post by _stemelbow »

LDSToronto wrote:Personally, I think Peterson is a pussy if he and his cronies can write a critical review of John Dehlin but don't publish it, regardless of what some anonymous GA says...

I mean, if it's not a smear piece, what is there to fear?

H.

John didn't want it published. It was his ultimatum that started the whole effort to suppress.
Love ya tons,
Stem

I ain't nuttin'. don't get all worked up on account of me.
_LDSToronto
_Emeritus

Post by _LDSToronto »

stemelbow wrote:
LDSToronto wrote:Personally, I think Peterson is a pussy if he and his cronies can write a critical review of John Dehlin but don't publish it, regardless of what some anonymous GA says...

H.

John didn't want it published. It was his ultimatum that started the whole effort to suppress.

Still a pussy...

H.
"Others cannot endure their own littleness unless they can translate it into meaningfulness on the largest possible level."
~ Ernest Becker
"Whether you think of it as heavenly or as earthly, if you love life immortality is no consolation for death."
~ Simone de Beauvoir
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Post by _Buffalo »

stemelbow wrote:

H.

Yes, this seems to be a big fight. John D and an apostle of the Lord vs Peterson/Hamblin/Smith/Schryver etc.

It warms my heart to see Stem here bravely opposing one of the 12 apostles. :)
Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

LDSToronto wrote:Still a pussy...

H.

Back in high school we had a bit of an underground fight club. It was good manly, sporting fun. I am slight in stature and often battled kids that were much bigger--just because I was quick and athletic. When new small kids came along they often tried to call me out--as they looked around the room. Boy was the a mistake for them. I was sweet about it though.

Anyway, for some reason your hypocritical childish behavior reminded me of that story for some odd reason.

Take care.
Love ya tons,
Stem

_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

stemelbow wrote:
Back in high school we had a bit of an underground fight club. It was good manly, sporting fun. I am slight in stature and often battled kids that were much bigger--just because I was quick and athletic. When new small kids came along they often tried to call me out--as they looked around the room. Boy was the a mistake for them. I was sweet about it though.

You've been reading "How To Talk Yourself Up" by Paul H Dunn haven't you....
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_LDSToronto
_Emeritus

Post by _LDSToronto »

stemelbow wrote:
LDSToronto wrote:Still a pussy...

H.

Anyway, for some reason your hypocritical childish behavior reminded me of that story for some odd reason.

Take care.

Ah, high school! Back then we used to piss in this long trough-style urinal, a communal voiding of the bladder did a fellow good when bonding with males, you know, let it all hang out, mingle the urine, slap the backside, point and laugh...

That trough flowed to a common p-trap interfaced to the lead piping of that old northern palace, and as the yellow-stained manger flushed, us boys would listen to the waste water gurgle beyond the walls and divert through the pissy stemelbows.

Ah, the pissy stemelbow. Thanks for being a constant source of great memories.

H.
"Others cannot endure their own littleness unless they can translate it into meaningfulness on the largest possible level."
~ Ernest Becker
"Whether you think of it as heavenly or as earthly, if you love life immortality is no consolation for death."
~ Simone de Beauvoir
_stemelbow
_Emeritus

Post by _stemelbow »

LDSToronto wrote:
Ah, high school! Back then we used to piss in this long trough-style urinal, a communal voiding of the bladder did a fellow good when bonding with males, you know, let it all hang out, mingle the urine, slap the backside, point and laugh...

That trough flowed to a common p-trap interfaced to the lead piping of that old northern palace, and as the yellow-stained manger flushed, us boys would listen to the waste water gurgle beyond the walls and divert through the pissy stemelbows.

H.

lol. Pretty clever...but still childish and hypocritical. Anyway, peace to you.
Love ya tons,
Stem

_LDSToronto
_Emeritus

Post by _LDSToronto »

stemelbow wrote:
LDSToronto wrote:

H.

lol. Pretty clever...but still childish and hypocritical. Anyway, peace to you.

Clever, indeed. Childish, to be sure. But hypocritical? Show me how...

H.
~ Ernest Becker
~ Simone de Beauvoir