Greg Smith, Dan Peterson, John Dehlin, & Lou

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Re: Greg Smith, Dan Peterson, John Dehlin, & Lou

Post by _Drifting »

I think the answer to this question...
Nomomo wrote:Is Midgley completely unhinged?

Renders this question unnecessary...
How could he possibly use this unfortunate accident against you?
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_lostindc
_Emeritus

Post by _lostindc »

Nomomo wrote:Bizarre! Just found an article from the Los Angeles Times from 1990 about the capsizing of the boat that drowned the two missionaries.
http://articles.latimes.com/1990-01-09/ ... guna-hills
Is Midgley completely unhinged? You weren't even on the boat. How could he possibly use this unfortunate accident against you?

This is very strange indeed
2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong
_Yahoo Bot
_Emeritus

Post by _Yahoo Bot »

Lou must be a very frightening person indeed. What is he, a 25 year old weightlifter on steroids? Is Dehlin like 5 foot 5?
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Post by _Buffalo »

Nomomo wrote: Is Midgley completely unhinged?

Obviously he is. The denizens of the Maxwell Institute seem to have formed their own cult, and are behaving in cult-like behavior. I wouldn't pin this on Mormonism - this is a cult they have created quite apart from Mormonism itself.
Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_lostindc
_Emeritus

Post by _lostindc »

Buffalo wrote:
Obviously he is. The denizens of the Maxwell Institute seem to have formed their own cult, and are behaving in cult-like behavior. I wouldn't pin this on Mormonism - this is a cult they have created quite apart from Mormonism itself.

At this point, the MI has shown total disregard and lack of respect for LDS leadership.
2019 = #100,000missionariesstrong
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Yahoo Bot wrote:Lou must be a very frightening person indeed. What is he, a 25 year old weightlifter on steroids? Is Dehlin like 5 foot 5?

Bot, you're such a tough guy. At least you have a fancy bike you can ride away on when the heat's turned up.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Post by _Buffalo »

lostindc wrote:
Buffalo wrote:

At this point, the MI has shown total disregard and lack of respect for LDS leadership.

It's not very surprising. They've made careers out of dismissing the inspired words of the prophet and apostles as mere opinion. That sort of venture leaves one with a reduced respect for the validity of prophets/apostles and their statements (I know, since I used to do it too). It's clear that they consider themselves to be higher authorities than the 15 leaders of the church.

FAIR/MI is really an offshoot of Mormonism now. Effectively Peterson/Hamblin et al have apostatized and formed their own church.
Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_Willy Law
_Emeritus

Post by _Willy Law »

John, if one of your hopes is to change apologetics you are obviously succeeding. There is no doubt that you are in their heads and they have no answers for you and your approach.

Thanks for all you have done.
It is my province to teach to the Church what the doctrine is. It is your province to echo what I say or to remain silent.
Bruce R. McConkie
_Hasa Diga Eebowai
_Emeritus

Re: -

Post by _Hasa Diga Eebowai »

-
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Hasa Diga Eebowai wrote:In the eyes of many believing Mormons who have no idea about what goes on online or who these people are, things published by MI/FARMS with its affiliation with BYU and the Church could easily have influenced your Bishop or Stake President in seeking to excommunicate you. An article on FAIR does not carry the same weight. The apologists probably would have got away with it if they hadn't boasted so much before publication or attacked you so violently and disproportionately.

I agree with the above.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist