Best Comment on the MDD Dehlin Thread

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Re: Best Comment on the MDD Dehlin Thread

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

jskains wrote:This place is not a great place for mature dialogue, which is why it is disparaged. The behavior here is insulting, childish crude, and hateful.

The flaw is that MDD isn't exactly a place for free thought either. So it is what it is.

JMS

Josh,

To be honest, the problem I have is that I know, for myself, that Mormon theology is silly and only foolish children would believe it. Perhaps this is why we can end up in a immature spot when discussing Mormonism.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

MCB wrote:Praise for those who ask for moderation-- defined as balance and justice and truth. Moderation is not in this case defined as the actions (or inaction, depending on who is involved) of Nemesis and friends.

Please convey this message to your friends on the catholic board. I am sure that they will listen to you. :rolleyes:
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

jskains wrote:This place is not a great place for mature dialogue, which is why it is disparaged. The behavior here is insulting, childish crude, and hateful.

JMS

As a brief reminder to the newbies here. This place got its name because of the language that was being used on this forum in the past. With such language and a trailer park filled with beer drinking, cussing, uncouth, impolite behavior gave the foundation to the name. True it has moderated its language a little and some posters have disappeared, but that is where the name comes from.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Polygamy-Porter wrote:Josh,

To be honest, the problem I have is that I know, for myself, that Mormon theology is silly and only foolish children would believe it. Perhaps this is why we can end up in a immature spot when discussing Mormonism.

Do you remember how you were during the early days of the board? And the kind of language that you were using? You helped give this board its nickname on MAD/MDD. True, you have mellowed with age...but...we all need to look in the mirror.
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

why me wrote:
As a brief reminder to the newbies here. This place got its name because of the language that was being used on this forum in the past. With such language and a trailer park filled with beer drinking, cussing, uncouth, impolite behavior gave the foundation to the name. True it has moderated its language a little and some posters have disappeared, but that is where the name comes from.

This is not true. The nickname was attached to the board by a PP. It was an affectionate term. The MADDITEs picked it up as a pejorative term, perhaps due to their own innate prejudices and biases towards people who live in trailer parks.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I'm not sure living in a gated community, or in an upper class neighborhood somehow excuses people from poor or boorish behavior.

- VRDRC
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_lulu
_Emeritus

Post by _lulu »

beastie wrote:
why me wrote:As a brief reminder to the newbies here. This place got its name because of the language that was being used on this forum in the past. With such language and a trailer park filled with beer drinking, cussing, uncouth, impolite behavior gave the foundation to the name. True it has moderated its language a little and some posters have disappeared, but that is where the name comes from.
This is not true. The nickname was attached to the board by a PP. It was an affectionate term. The MADDITEs picked it up as a pejorative term, perhaps due to their own innate prejudices and biases towards people who live in trailer parks.
Some of my best friends and favorite relatives live in trailer parks.

Somebody want a piece of me?
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

beastie wrote:
why me wrote:

Beastie is correct. Porter nicknamed Shades' board "Shady Acres". It was associated with a sign that named a trailer park. It was actually Will who, during one of his crazy rants, associated MDB with a trailer park in negative connotations.
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

liz3564 wrote:Beastie is correct. Porter nicknamed Shades' board "Shady Acres". It was associated with a sign that named a trailer park. It was actually Will who, during one of his crazy rants, associated MDB with a trailer park in negative connotations.

And why did he do it? Because the language on this board, reminded him of a trailer park with drunken rowdies swearing up a storm: ie, white trash. The name would not have stuck if the board were polite and kind to the Mormon posters who used to post here.
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

lulu wrote:
Somebody want a piece of me?

What does that mean?
Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith