Best Comment on the MDD Dehlin Thread

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Best Comment on the MDD Dehlin Thread

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

why me wrote:
liz3564 wrote:Beastie is correct. Porter nicknamed Shades' board "Shady Acres". It was associated with a sign that named a trailer park. It was actually Will who, during one of his crazy rants, associated MDB with a trailer park in negative connotations.

And why did he do it? Because the language on this board, reminded him of a trailer park with drunken rowdies swearing up a storm: ie, white trash. The name would not have stuck if the board were polite and kind to the Mormon posters who used to post here.

You have an unusual ability to ignore reality.

- VRDRC
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_static
_Emeritus

Post by _static »

Why is this place thought of as trashy again?

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I'm not sure living in a gated community, or in an upper class neighborhood somehow excuses people from poor or boorish behavior.

- VRDRC

Oh, right.

:rolleyes:
- Stan
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

why me wrote:
liz3564 wrote:Beastie is correct. Porter nicknamed Shades' board "Shady Acres". It was associated with a sign that named a trailer park. It was actually Will who, during one of his crazy rants, associated MDB with a trailer park in negative connotations.

And why did he do it? Because the language on this board, reminded him of a trailer park with drunken rowdies swearing up a storm: ie, white trash. The name would not have stuck if the board were polite and kind to the Mormon posters who used to post here.

Bite me douche bag.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_lulu
_Emeritus

Post by _lulu »

why me wrote:
lulu wrote:Somebody want a piece of me?

What does that mean?
You need to spend more time in trailer parks.
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

why me wrote:

What brand of pot are you smoking? That isn't why he named it that at all!

I remember when Porter came up with that. He just thought it was cute that a sign had Shady Acres on it. And, since we thought of ourselves as a little down-to-earth community, we decided to adopt it.

Look, Why Me, I am really sick of your holier-than-thou attitude, and seeing the bad in everything here. You ARE a fellow poster here. Give it a rest once in a while. :rolleyes:
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

liz3564 wrote:You ARE a fellow poster here. Give it a rest once in a while. :rolleyes:

Amen, liz.

Now, why me, if you're gonna insult my Pinto, I won't give you a ride to your job at the Walmarts ever again.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

static wrote:Why is this place thought of as trashy again?

Oh, right.

:rolleyes:

You clearly don't understand memes in addition to irony.

I feel sorry for you. :(

- VRDRC
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:You clearly don't understand memes in addition to irony.
I feel sorry for you. :(
- VRDRC

Having spent two years as a missionary in the early days of the church's 12 step program, I fully understood Dr. Cam's message, and chuckled at how well he had pegged the hypocrisy of the high class user and the beer bellied abuser. It was spot on.
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

white trash....wow, just wow.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

The person who started the meme of naming this place a trailer park was one of the most uncouth posters ever to post here. Sure, there are problems, but this isn't a pot/kettle situation. It's a pot calling a spotty banana too black.