Mass resignation rally to be held this summer

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Tobin
_Emeritus

Re: Mass resignation rally to be held this summer

Post by _Tobin »

bcspace wrote:Someone invite Harry Reid and everyone bring a Democrat member friend.
Harry Reid and I aren't going anywhere bc. You'll just have to get over the fact that Democrats are Mormons too and that gays are wonderful people and God loves them. I'm sorry to see John and Zilpha Larsen leave, but it is their decision. The Church is lessened by their loss.
"You lack vision, but I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night.... Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see. My God, it'll be beautiful." -- Judge Doom
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

I prefer to refer to it as the Resignation Mass
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Gazelam wrote:Image

That looks like Temple content to me ... mods?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

Chap wrote:
Gazelam wrote:Image

That looks like Temple content to me ... mods?

Wagner - RIDE OF THE VALKYRIES - Furtwangler
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_LDSToronto
_Emeritus

Post by _LDSToronto »

I'd be interested to hear exactly how massive this resignation is.

H.
"Others cannot endure their own littleness unless they can translate it into meaningfulness on the largest possible level."
~ Ernest Becker
"Whether you think of it as heavenly or as earthly, if you love life immortality is no consolation for death."
~ Simone de Beauvoir
_hobo1512
_Emeritus

Post by _hobo1512 »

LDSToronto wrote:I'd be interested to hear exactly how massive this resignation is.

H.

I believe I read somewhere they got around 300 from a previous event, but I can't find the article right now.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

Harry Reid and I aren't going anywhere bc.

According to some, they are leaving in droves.

You'll just have to get over the fact that Democrats are Mormons too and that gays are wonderful people and God loves them.

I've always understood and believe that respectively. But what you fail to understand is that the Church's doctrine still hasn't changed through all the reiteration that we believe God loves you.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

bcspace wrote:
Harry Reid and I aren't going anywhere bc.

According to some, they are leaving in droves.

You'll just have to get over the fact that Democrats are Mormons too and that gays are wonderful people and God loves them.

I've always understood and believe that respectively. But what you fail to understand is that the Church's doctrine still hasn't changed through all the reiteration that we believe God loves you.

But Old Testament god loved gays so much he thought they ought to be put to death, right? Leviticus 20:13 (KJV)
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
_why me
_Emeritus

Post by _why me »

Who cares. If people want to make an butt of themselves by doing it this way, fine. But who cares?
I intend to lay a foundation that will revolutionize the whole world.
Joseph Smith

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

why me wrote:Who cares. If people want to make an butt of themselves by doing it this way, fine. But who cares?

I'm guessing Romney cares...
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator