Mass resignation rally to be held this summer

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Buffalo
_Emeritus

Mass resignation rally to be held this summer

Post by _Buffalo »

Parley P. Pratt wrote:We must lie to support brother Joseph, it is our duty to do so.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.
_Stormy Waters

Re: Mass resignation rally to be held this summer

Post by _Stormy Waters »

Reuters article about the event.

Also where did Buffalo go? He was making 20+ posts a day and then he just disappeared.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Stormy Waters wrote:Reuters article about the event.

But it was in fact polygamy that John Larsen said began him on his journey out of the church. When doing research on the Larsen family tree, he was disturbed to find that a female ancestor had married Smith, likely while she was still married to another man, he said.

Zilpha Larsen said her questions began when she discovered that the veracity of an allegedly accurate translation of ancient Egyptian writings that were included in sacred Mormon texts were in doubt. "Once you start doubting one thing, then everything becomes suspect," she said.

Where have we heard those concerns before, I wonder?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

Chap wrote:

But it was in fact polygamy that John Larsen said began him on his journey out of the church. When doing research on the Larsen family tree, he was disturbed to find that a female ancestor had married Smith, likely while she was still married to another man, he said.

Zilpha Larsen said her questions began when she discovered that the veracity of an allegedly accurate translation of ancient Egyptian writings that were included in sacred Mormon texts were in doubt. "Once you start doubting one thing, then everything becomes suspect," she said.

Where have we heard those concerns before, I wonder?

Those are not concerns... Those are little flecks of history...
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Also where did Buffalo go? He was making 20+ posts a day and then he just disappeared.

Really! Good to see you back Buff!

I saw this article too and was just going to post it when I read Buffalo's post.

Interesting way for the new exmos to get the word out. This is a Reuters article, which means it's getting some international exposure. With the Romney campaign in full swing it will most likely be run all over.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Stormy Waters

Post by _Stormy Waters »

Quasimodo wrote:Good to see you back Buff!

Sorry for the confusion, Buffalo isn't back. I just bumped this weeks old thread back up.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Stormy Waters wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:Good to see you back Buff!

Sorry for the confusion, Buffalo isn't back. I just bumped this weeks old thread back up.

Ha! I just looked up at the date on the top of his post (blush). No need to be sorry, I'm usually confused. :confused:

Where did Buff go?
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_son of Ishmael
_Emeritus

Post by _son of Ishmael »

I have never met John and Zilpha Larsen but I have listened to so many of their podcasts that I feel like the are two of my closest friends
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - Galileo

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk - Tom Waits
_lulu
_Emeritus

Post by _lulu »

Welcome back Buffalo, we be missin' on ya.

Now if we could just find Paul O.
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

Sweet.
:razz:

Perhaps they'll get a few hundred but only a few dozen will actually follow through.
:sad:

Someone invite Harry Reid and everyone bring a Democrat member friend.
:twisted:
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.