Remove the Facebook posts

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Remove the Facebook posts

Post by _Kishkumen »

If Daniel Peterson is registered on this board, or even if he is not, I call on the mods to remove these threads about Daniel's Facebook page. I don't want my personal life to be the stuff of public ridicule on this board, and I am dismayed that Daniel's personal life has become public sport here. Please, for the sake of human decency, get rid of these threads.

If he is still registered, consider the following:

7. Do not reveal personal or "in real life" information about any poster on this site that he or she has not explicitly revealed here. This includes avoiding mention of his/her actual first or last name, even if he or she has made it available on some other website.*

Daniel did not contact me about this.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Yoda

Re: Remove the Facebook posts

Post by _Yoda »

I have gone through Scratch's thread and removed the in real life photo of Dan, and the rest of the screen shot of his Facebook caption reference.

Going forward, please refrain from posting this. The actual discussion surrounding the issue I don't have a problem with, but Kish, you are correct. Posting the in real life image is against board rules.
_Spurven Ten Sing
_Emeritus

Post by _Spurven Ten Sing »

What bullsh-t. Really?
"The best website in prehistory." -Paid Actor www.cavemandiaries.com
_Phaedrus Ut
_Emeritus

Post by _Phaedrus Ut »

Kishkumen wrote:If Daniel Peterson is registered on this board, or even if he is not, I call on the mods to remove these threads about Daniel's Facebook page. I don't want my personal life to be the stuff of public ridicule on this board, and I am dismayed that Daniel's personal life has become public sport here. Please, for the sake of human decency, get rid of these threads.

If he is still registered, consider the following:

7. Do not reveal personal or "in real life" information about any poster on this site that he or she has not explicitly revealed here. This includes avoiding mention of his/her actual first or last name, even if he or she has made it available on some other website.*

Daniel did not contact me about this.

I second this request.

Phaedrus
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Spurven Ten Sing wrote:What bullsh-t. Really?

Really.
_Spurven Ten Sing
_Emeritus

Post by _Spurven Ten Sing »

Are you going to go through all the thread on this board with this public douche's ugly, bloated face and delete those, too? And then are you going to discipline the offenders. This is crap and bullsh-t.
"The best website in prehistory." -Paid Actor www.cavemandiaries.com
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Spurven Ten Sing wrote:Are you going to go through all the thread on this board with this public douche's ugly, bloated face and delete those, too? And then are you going to discipline the offenders. This is crap and bullsh-t.

I haven't disciplined anyone. All I did was delete the photo on that one thread. That is the end of what I intend to do.

If you have a complaint about my actions, please PM Shades.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Spurven Ten Sing wrote:Are you going to go through all the thread on this board with this public douche's ugly, bloated face and delete those, too? And then are you going to discipline the offenders. This is crap and bullsh-t.

It's good that Barack Obama is not registered here, even though like DCP he would not post. If Obama was, then you and bond would have to be punished for using the very public likeness of Obama, his official presidential photo.

I cannot imagine that DCP's photo, the one that he uploaded for the world to see on Facebook is going to get exposure to unintended masses at MDB.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

sock puppet wrote:It's good that Barack Obama is not registered here, even though like DCP he would not post. If Obama was, then you and bond would have to be punished for using the very public likeness of Obama, his official presidential photo.

If Obama's photo was, say, photoshopped to make it look like he was engaging in illegal activity, would you still be singing the same tune?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_madeleine
_Emeritus

Post by _madeleine »

That's the thing with Facebook....you click on a link and it happily makes a wall post for you that lets everyone know that you clicked on a link.
Being a Christian is not the result of an ethical choice or a lofty idea, but the encounter with an event, a person, which gives life a new horizon and a decisive direction -Pope Benedict XVI