Delete this and then punish me.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Spurven Ten Sing
_Emeritus

Delete this and then punish me.

Post by _Spurven Ten Sing »

Then cite the rule I violated. The Sacred Bloated Cow Rule where a public person's image cannot be posted.

Delete if Dan is your sacred cow:
[image deleted]
"The best website in prehistory." -Paid Actor www.cavemandiaries.com
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Re: Delete this and then punish me.

Post by _sock puppet »

Spurven Ten Sing wrote:Then cite the rule I violated. The Sacred Bloated Cow Rule where a public person's image cannot be posted.

[image deleted]

Should this image become the new banner graphic for MDB???
_Spurven Ten Sing
_Emeritus

sock puppet wrote:
Spurven Ten Sing wrote:Then cite the rule I violated. The Sacred Bloated Cow Rule where a public person's image cannot be posted.

[image deleted]

Should this image become the new banner graphic for MDB???

Hells yeah.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Here's the rule:

• Do not make threats or take actions to cause another member to feel harassed or fearful for his or her safety "in real life." Please do not do this via e-mail or private message, either.

Potentially having one's employment in jeopardy counts as "fearful" and "in real life" for purposes of this rule, especially in this economy.

Now, you might say that since his account was suspended at his request, he doesn't count as "another member." Well, that brings us to the next rule:

• Moderators and administrators will follow the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law. Try to see things from their point of view.

Personally, I don't want anyone to fear for his or her employment due to the goings-on on this board. In fact, I would freely extend you the same courtesy if the same thing happened to you, without hesitation.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Spurven Ten Sing
_Emeritus

Dr. Shades wrote:Here's the rule:

• Do not make threats or take actions to cause another member to feel harassed or fearful for his or her safety "in real life." Please do not do this via e-mail or private message, either.

Potentially having one's employment in jeopardy counts as "fearful" and "in real life" for purposes of this rule, especially in this economy.

Now, you might say that since his account was suspended at his request, he doesn't count as "another member." Well, that brings us to the next rule:

• Moderators and administrators will follow the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law. Try to see things from their point of view.

Personally, I don't want anyone to fear for his or her employment due to the goings-on on this board. In fact, I would freely extend you the same courtesy if the same thing happened to you, without hesitation.

This is unacceptable. Ban me when you delete that photo. I'm out.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Spurven Ten Sing wrote:This is unacceptable. Ban me when you delete that photo. I'm out.

Do you think that clicking on a link to a video should put you at risk for losing your employment?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Welp. That was weird.

Regardless, I hope Mr. Spurven isn't banned.

- VRDRC
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_dblagent007
_Emeritus

Post by _dblagent007 »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Spurven Ten Sing wrote:This is unacceptable. Ban me when you delete that photo. I'm out.

Do you think that clicking on a link to a video should put you at risk for losing your employment?

Shades, you are making some big assumptions. First, you are assuming that his action will put his employment at risk. Second, you are greatly inflating the importance of this board in putting his employment at risk. DCP is friends on Facebook with the other people at BYU who might put his employment at risk so they have already seen his naughty video habits first hand. It is doubtful that anyone who posts or lurks here will put his employment at risk. Third, the image you keep deleting is all over the DAMU. I've seen two or three threads on Facebook devoted to this and others on various other forums. Censoring here isn't going to make a difference.
_Infymus
_Emeritus

Post by _Infymus »

Not to mention that I have archived it on the front of page of the Mormon Curtain.

Look, Dan Peterson has made himself a public figure. His clicking on a video of a guy getting a boner while a woman gyrating her ass in front of him - is PUBLIC. If Dan didn't want anyone to see that, Dan wouldn't have created a Facebook account OR clicked on the goddamn link. It's called SOCIAL NETWORKING.

The pic and the story stay up on the MC and Dan and his job at BYU can “F” off.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

I hear that in China people use the internet to gang up on people who do bad things to punish them. Since someone is doing that somewhere, maybe we should do it here. It is silly for Shades to think that his standards have any effect on Chinese cyber-bullying. That is, after all, the point of having standards--to imagine that it keeps other people somewhere from behaving badly. :rolleyes:
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist