DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

Post by _Bond James Bond »

Doctor Scratch wrote:Here's a question. DCP says that he is going to work overtime to turn donors away from the Maxwell Institute. Might that be a risky thing to do?

It won't be a problem. His apologetics have turned tithe payers away from the funding the Church for a long time. :wink:
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

O. M. G. :surprised:
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Doctor Scratch wrote:Here's a question. DCP says that he is going to work overtime to turn donors away from the Maxwell Institute. Might that be a risky thing to do? I mean, the MI is a Church institution, so wouldn't the Brethren have a problem with somebody going around and diverting donations away from a BYU institute like this? It seems sort of like telling people that they shouldn't pay tithing.

It will be DCP's first giant step into the world of apostasy! He's threatened to divert money away from the system and that won't set well with the General Authorities should they get wind of that.

I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. He really screwed up.

Paul O
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

When I read DCP's letter in the OP, it reminded me of Joseph Smith's journal writings. I can't put a finger on it. Is there a sense of persecution?
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_3sheets2thewind
_Emeritus

Post by _3sheets2thewind »

I have only experience DCP posting for about a year, yet I quickly recognized his undieing need to play victim in all things.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Might be good news for Will, Dan might be able to turn some money his way now.
_angsty
_Emeritus

Post by _angsty »

Whoa. I don't delight in Peterson's humiliation, but I am grateful to know that there are sensible people who realized the damage he was doing. He really doesn't get it.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

3sheets2thewind wrote:I have only experience DCP posting for about a year, yet I quickly recognized his undieing need to play victim in all things.

He's a demon!!!

:lol:

Paul O
_Mike Reed
_Emeritus

Post by _Mike Reed »

Is this real? :surprised:
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

If this is legit? (It certainly looks as though it is!)

Then.........WOW!!!!!!

Peace,
Ceeboo