DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

Post by _harmony »

RockSlider wrote:Might be good news for Will, Dan might be able to turn some money his way now.

Or not, since it appears that Will will never get published now.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_Uncle Dale
_Emeritus

Post by _Uncle Dale »

Mike Reed wrote:Is this real? :surprised:

Nothing on the other boards of record -- in fact, a strange
silence -- quiet -- far t-o-o quiet.

UD
-- the discovery never seems to stop --
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Of course it's real. Dr. Scratch has informants. Dr. Peterson is toast. And, William-boy is a pony tailed ex-acid head that will get no where in the new institution.

Time to take out the trash and get a fresh new look for Mormonism, ready for the upcoming election in November.

Paul O
_Mike Reed
_Emeritus

Post by _Mike Reed »

Shulem wrote:

Of course it's real. Dr. Scratch has informants. Dr. Peterson is toast. And, William-boy is a pony tailed ex-acid head that will get no where in the new institution.

Time to take out the trash and get a fresh new look for Mormonism, ready for the upcoming election in November.

Paul O

Funny. No really... is it real?
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Mike Reed wrote:Funny. No really... is it real?

DCP's Time/Life picture review alone could have caused this, the John Dehlin fiasco likely being the nail in the coffin.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Uncle Dale wrote:

Nothing on the other boards of record -- in fact, a strange
silence -- quiet -- far t-o-o quiet.

UD

What could they possibly say? If one of the mooks tried to bring it up, s/he would be instantly banned. And I don't know how Prof. P. could possibly spin this to make it seem cheery to that crowd.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Mike Reed wrote:
Shulem wrote:Of course it's real. Dr. Scratch has informants. Dr. Peterson is toast. And, William-boy is a pony tailed ex-acid head that will get no where in the new institution.

Paul O

Funny. No really... is it real?

Mike:

As far as I can tell, it's real. You can read the message for yourself: either that is the writing of Daniel C. Peterson, or somebody is a remarkably gifted forger--and not only that, but the person has an intimate knowledge (apparently) of all kinds of goings-on-behind-the-scenes at the Maxwell Institute.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Uncle Dale
_Emeritus

Post by _Uncle Dale »

Doctor Scratch wrote:...What could they possibly say?

Oh, maybe just a Ming the Merciless Avatar icon,
subscribed with "Having a wonderful time -- wish you
were here. Let's all get ready for a great new issue
of the Review, just as soon as I get back to
Provo, brethren and cistern..."

But -- instead of that -- crickets....

UD
-- the discovery never seems to stop --
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

FARMS started as an independent foundation. Nothing is stopping Peterson from using his connections to organize a new foundation that can do what it likes.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

I still have some questions. For one: What is DCP talking about when he says that Jack Welch was "ostracized" from the MI? I know that Welch founded FARMS, but why would the MI administrators have any reason to "ostracize" him? Will Bagley once characterized Welch as "extremely belligerent," though he's mostly been very low key. Perhaps he is, as I once speculated, much more of a force for hostility amongs the Mopologists?