DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

Post by _RockSlider »

Doctor Scratch wrote:and not only that, but the person has an intimate knowledge (apparently) of all kinds of goings-on-behind-the-scenes at the Maxwell Institute.

Out of 18 recipients of the emails, that leaves a very small group to pick the leak/mole out of. I'll bet Will could sniff them out.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
_MrStakhanovite
_Emeritus

Post by _MrStakhanovite »

Mike Reed wrote:Funny. No really... is it real?

If this was fake, how long would it take for DCP to respond to it at MD&D?
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

RockSlider wrote:
Doctor Scratch wrote:and not only that, but the person has an intimate knowledge (apparently) of all kinds of goings-on-behind-the-scenes at the Maxwell Institute.

Out of 18 recipients of the emails, that leaves a very small group to pick the leak/mole out of. I'll bet Will could sniff then out.

You think too much like I do. That is exactly what I was thinking.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

MrStakhanovite wrote:

Well, if he's really in Isreal... maybe quite a while?
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_Uncle Dale
_Emeritus

Post by _Uncle Dale »

RockSlider wrote:Out of 18 recipients of the emails, that leaves a very small group to pick the leak/mole out of. I'll bet Will could sniff them out.

Of course the "leaker" need not be one of the 18 -- just a
petulant nephew who has access to Uncle Peter Priesthood's
laptop -- or a faceless Vatican butler...

UD
-- the discovery never seems to stop --
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

RockSlider wrote:

Out of 18 recipients of the emails, that leaves a very small group to pick the leak/mole out of. I'll bet Will could sniff them out.

Not necessarily. I'm assuming that DCP CC'ed that many people because he's looking to stage a counter-attack. It could be simply that one of his "allies" shared the text with the "mole." Plus, DCP himself says that the Maxwell Institute "leaks like a sieve." I think the simple fact is that he's made too many enemies over the years, and now there is a cadre of people in power who have had enough of his antics--so much so that they are willing to "leak" information like this.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Uncle Dale wrote:or a faceless Vatican butler...UD

Too funny, good point. Like they say, loose lips shink ships!
_Mike Reed
_Emeritus

Post by _Mike Reed »

MrStakhanovite wrote:

Perhaps long enough for the news to disrupt the Mormon Stories conference, which is being held this week. Timing suspicious?
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Doctor Scratch wrote:I think the simple fact is that he's made too many enemies over the years, and now there is a cadre of people in power who have had enough of his antics--so much so that they are willing to "leak" information like this.

That seems to me to be a real possibility. He does seem to attract negative attention.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Mike Reed wrote:Perhaps long enough for the news to disrupt the Mormon Stories conference, which is being held this week. Timing suspicious?

To what end? Is the Mormon Stories conference a real attention grabber? I mean, other than the apologists throwing a hissy fit over it, what is the big deal in your view?

Not trying to be hostile, I guess I just don't see the connection.

I hardly notice Mormon Stories outside of the podcast.