DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

Post by _harmony »

Mike Reed wrote:Perhaps long enough for the news to disrupt the Mormon Stories conference, which is being held this week. Timing suspicious?

Is it disrupting? Do you think that was the intent? Maybe it's just unintentional collateral damage?
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Mike Reed wrote:Perhaps long enough for the news to disrupt the Mormon Stories conference, which is being held this week. Timing suspicious?

Poor Bradford, GA's breathing down his neck on the one side and paid subscribers wanting their due. And yet the age old Dollar Auction and when to cut your losses seems more likely
_Mike Reed
_Emeritus

Post by _Mike Reed »

Kishkumen wrote:

To what end? Is the Mormon Stories conference a real attention grabber? I mean, other than the apologists throwing a hissy fit over it, what is the big deal in your view?

Not trying to be hostile, I guess I just don't see the connection.

I hardly notice Mormon Stories outside of the podcast.

I was speaking more in regards to disruption within the conference. Just throwing the idea out there. I don't know, of course. Hopefully we can know the authenticity of the email soon. Thanks.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Mike Reed wrote:I was speaking more in regards to disruption within the conference. Just throwing the idea out there. I don't know, of course. Hopefully we can know the authenticity of the email soon. Thanks.

Yes, it would cause a huge eruption of joy there. No doubt!
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Mike Reed
_Emeritus

Post by _Mike Reed »

harmony wrote:

Is it disrupting? Do you think that was the intent? Maybe it's just unintentional collateral damage?

I have no idea. Maybe if the email is a hoax. But if it is authentic, probably not.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Mike Reed wrote:I was speaking more in regards to disruption within the conference. Just throwing the idea out there. I don't know, of course. Hopefully we can know the authenticity of the email soon. Thanks.

Maybe intended as a sign of good will, a passing of the peace pipe, a signing of a treaty of peace.

John Dehlin 1, Fifth columnist hunters 0!
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

RockSlider wrote:John Dehlin 1, Fifth columnist hunters 0!

I relish the frustration of any witch hunts.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Bond James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond James Bond »

Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:18 PM
To: <[M. Gerald Bradford] xxx@xxx.xxx> [18 other recipients, redacted for privacy]
Subject: Re: Charting a new course

Dr. Bradford:

[snip]

I understand that some contract issues may be affected by my resignation as Director of Advancement. I trust that we can work those out in a civil manner. Pending my dismissal from METI, I will insist that I continue to be compensated as a director in my role, which I will now have more time for, as its editor in chief. I also expect my usual fee as editor of the issue of the Mormon Studies Review that you've killed. It was finished and ready to go.

Very seriously yours,

Daniel C. Peterson
Tiberias, Israel

I thought he wasn't paid for apologetics?
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.
_DrW
_Emeritus

Post by _DrW »

RockSlider wrote:

Maybe intended as a sign of good will, a passing of the peace pipe, a signing of a treaty of peace.

John Dehlin 1, Fifth columnist hunters 0!

What are you taking about?

Everybody knows that there was never really any hit piece concerning John Dehlin at MI, or anywhere else - DCP said so.
:mrgreen:

( I think this is real and have a big grin on my face. There has even been a slight uptick in my fast faltering respect for the LDS Church.)
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Kishkumen wrote:I relish the frustration of any witch hunts.

I'd bet the loss of David B plays in here somewhere as well. If so, I also find this satisfying.