DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

Post by _sock puppet »

Doctor Scratch wrote:It's striking to me that the MDD folks are making such a big issue over the notion that this was done "via email." "I disagree with the way this was handled," they say. Well, what about the way that various people have been "handled" by the Review? E.g., Laura Compton, or Mike Quinn? Or Meldrum?

It's been very interesting to watch all these people finally coming out of the woodwork to admit that they have enjoyed the smearing and ridicule and attack-mindedness that have always been the raison d'etre of the FROB. Prior to these events, they all would have denied that this is the case. It took something of this magnitude for them to finally admit what all of us have suspected all along, which is that they think that critics of the Church deserve to be treated with enormous amounts of disrespect, and that they deserve to be unethically smeared and attacked. The FARMS Review, it would seem, has always been pandering to these people's worst impulses, and that is quite alarming, in my opinion.

Indeed. It is most interesting to see Dan's minions side with him, even if that means impugning "the Church".
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Bump for the 10 year anniversary!
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:33 am

Jesus Holy Christ!

:lol:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:33 am
Whaaaa? No way! 10 years already? Oh my good golly gosh that seems near impossible it's been that long.
Dr. Sunstoned
CTR B

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

Ten years gone by already. The big bitch slap. Good times remembered.