DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Responds to Getting "Fired" from the Review

Post by _Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Doctor Scratch wrote:Also, I don't believe for a second that they're not whining to the General Authorities. I'd be willing to bet that that was their first move: to phone up the members of whatever "faction" is most sympathetic to what they've been doing for the past 30 years.

Yup. You can bank on that. There were 18 other recipients of DCP's email to Bradford. You better believe this struggle will involve GAs.

Goody goody gumdrops! I love a good scandal in the Mormon church just in time for the presidential election! Just think about how many people will become unbaptized due to the life long efforts of DCP going down the drain.

Dan, you've been had! You've been fooled all this time! The leak is on you!

Someone call a plumber!

:lol:

Paul O
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

lostindc wrote:You folks can joke all you want but according to Will, Scott Lloyd, Hamblin and others this could be the beginning of a well prophesied apostasy. This leaves Will et al. to do what it takes to conquer darkness. At this very moment Will is likely reading about Ammon slicing off arms and sitting outside a Maggie Moos.

LOL. All they are doing is confirming my theory about the Church of Schryverology over at MDDB. Their clique is living in their own apocalyptic fantasy that is completely out of touch with the rest of the world. They hope that someone higher up buys into their noxious fairytale.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_the narrator
_Emeritus

Post by _the narrator »

Shulem wrote:Goody goody gumdrops! I love a good scandal in the Mormon church just in time for the presidential election!

This will be about as big as a scandal as the mystery of who left a deuce in the urinal when I was in 3rd grade. It stinks for those who have to clean it up, but outside a room full of children nobody will ever hear of it.

You are all giving Dan and the MSR way too much credit.
You're absolutely vile and obnoxious paternalistic air of intellectual superiority towards anyone who takes issue with your clear misapprehension of core LDS doctrine must give one pause. - Droopy
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

the narrator wrote:
Shulem wrote:Goody goody gumdrops! I love a good scandal in the Mormon church just in time for the presidential election!

This will be about as big as a scandal as the mystery of who left a deuce in the urinal when I was in 3rd grade. It stinks for those who have to clean it up, but outside a room full of children nobody will ever hear of it.

You are all giving Dan and the MSR way too much credit.

Probably true. And we can only hope.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey narrator (Good to read you! Hope all is well with you and yours :smile: )
the narrator wrote:
This will be about as big as a scandal as the mystery of who left a deuce in the urinal when I was in 3rd grade.

I always knew something didn't feel quite right about that whole experience! (And I often wondered why there was no TP available at that location?)

Peace,
Ceeboo
_the narrator
_Emeritus

Post by _the narrator »

Now that this is all old news, the big question for me is whether or not the type of scholarship work that Bradford envisions for the MI is even possible at BYU. While the fan-boys and girls at the MAD board may be seeing this as a sign of the 2nd coming, they, luckily, are far detached from BYU, scholarship, and reality. From my experience, there is a growing contingent of scholars at BYU (especially the newer generation) who are quite excited about things ("dancing in the streets" as one friend put it).

$$$, of course, is a big issue and my understanding is that Bradford and his colleagues made this decision with the knowledge that they would lose funding. They believe though that better scholarship will win out in the end and that it is better to be smaller and producer superior work than to be larger and produce what they have been.
You're absolutely vile and obnoxious paternalistic air of intellectual superiority towards anyone who takes issue with your clear misapprehension of core LDS doctrine must give one pause. - Droopy
_Mike Reed
_Emeritus

Post by _Mike Reed »

the narrator wrote:$$$, of course, is a big issue and my understanding is that Bradford and his colleagues made this decision with the knowledge that they would lose funding. They believe though that better scholarship will win out in the end and that it is better to be smaller and producer superior work than to be larger and produce what they have been.

They will lose donors, but I think they will gain many too. How much, I don't know? Bushman sure doesn't seem to struggle much in this area.
_Aristotle Smith
_Emeritus

Post by _Aristotle Smith »

the narrator wrote:They believe though that better scholarship will win out in the end

Wow. If they really do believe this, then maybe DCP does have a chance to reverse this decision, thus nullifying my predictions in my other thread.
_the narrator
_Emeritus

Post by _the narrator »

Aristotle Smith wrote:
the narrator wrote:They believe though that better scholarship will win out in the end

Wow. If they really do believe this, then maybe DCP does have a chance to reverse this decision, thus nullifying my predictions in my other thread.

What do you mean?
_Juggler Vain
_Emeritus

Post by _Juggler Vain »

the narrator wrote:This will be about as big as a scandal as the mystery of who left a deuce in the urinal when I was in 3rd grade. It stinks for those who have to clean it up, but outside a room full of children nobody will ever hear of it.

Hey, those kinds of scandals can vary in seriousness, depending on who's in charge. When I was in 3rd grade, we had nearly that exact scandal (except somebody left it in a sink), and the entire grade was assembled together in order to determine the identity of the tragically confused defecator. Lucky for us, halfway through the inquisition, the janitor informed the teachers that the object of their horror and rage was actually a brownie from lunch.

There may be an assembly yet at BYU.

-JV