Hamblin?????s Unmodulated Blog

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Re: Hamblin’s Unmodulated Blog

Post by _RockSlider »

Kishkumen wrote:Anyone who uses it as badly as Schryver does in applying it to you simply shows the thinking world exactly what kind of numbskull he is.

numbskull, proof is in the pudding ... one willing to keep poking MsJack's hornets' nest after already being brutally stung.
_Mortal Man
_Emeritus

Post by _Mortal Man »

I'd like to point out that this is all going down on the 10th anniversary of Ed's Précis:

"Over 25 years ago I began researching the historical foundations of some of Mormonism's unsupportable claims, receiving the private encouragement of President N. Eldon Tanner; and portions of my writings have been published over the years. My hope was that the church would temper its claims while remaining true to its promulgation of the pillars of Western Civilization. The church instead began requiring 'faith-promoting history' from its scholars,[1][7] and it institutionalized (through substantial financial support) the apologetics factory, Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies (FARMS), which responds to analysis and criticism primarily with abuse and misrepresentation instead of serious attempts at refutation. That is how the proclamationist mindset operates."
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Mortal Man wrote:I'd like to point out that this is all going down on the 10th anniversary of Ed's Précis:

"Over 25 years ago I began researching the historical foundations of some of Mormonism's unsupportable claims, receiving the private encouragement of President N. Eldon Tanner; and portions of my writings have been published over the years. My hope was that the church would temper its claims while remaining true to its promulgation of the pillars of Western Civilization. The church instead began requiring 'faith-promoting history' from its scholars,[1][7] and it institutionalized (through substantial financial support) the apologetics factory, Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies (FARMS), which responds to analysis and criticism primarily with abuse and misrepresentation instead of serious attempts at refutation. That is how the proclamationist mindset operates."

Thanks for that Mortal Man.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Mortal Man wrote:I'd like to point out that this is all going down on the 10th anniversary of Ed's Précis:

I was glad to read his tempered words. I could tell when I met him at his COB office back in the early Eighties that he thought a great deal of himself. If he were a rock star he probably would have felt obligated to die at 25. Well, maybe 35 since his star did not rise soon enough. He could have held out a little longer in my view before he tossed in his chips. I am not talking about him dieing anymore. ya know.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

I like footnote 3:

Ed Ashment wrote:An unfortunate effect of this arrogance is that when the Church's internal inconsistencies and theological problems are revealed, it dismissively claims that its critics simply wish to live dissipated lives and that the problems are not real. Consequently, very few of its problems have been resolved through the millennia and its theology becomes more and more a relic of inaccurate assumptions from antiquity.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist