New Intel: The Decline of Pres. Monson

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Re: New Intel: The Decline of Pres. Monson

Post by _RockSlider »

Servant wrote:Is there any update on this situation? Was Monson active at the most recent Conference?

Yes he was, seemed fine ... the rumors appear to have been overblown
_Sethbag
_Emeritus

Post by _Sethbag »

I disagree. At least in his reading of the announcement regarding missionary service age, he seemed confused, read the words haltingly and lifelessly, and without seeming to fully engage the materially mentally.

Watch and judge for yourself.
Mormonism ceased being a compelling topic for me when I finally came to terms with its transformation from a personality cult into a combination of a real estate company, a SuperPac, and Westboro Baptist Church. - Kishkumen
_Elphaba
_Emeritus

Post by _Elphaba »

Sethbag wrote:I disagree. At least in his reading of the announcement regarding missionary service age, he seemed confused, read the words haltingly and lifelessly, and without seeming to fully engage the materially mentally.
When I compare video you linked to the one I've linked below of Monson speaking at the 2011 General Conference, there is a marked difference in his affect as well as his ability to articulate his words.

However, in the 2012 video you provided, he sounds like he had some sort of respiratory problem, such as cold. Perhaps he just wasn't feeling well, which could explain the issues with his affect and pronunciation problems.

Regardless, I think the difference is notable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4rkuKBDg4E
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)
~~Walt Whitman
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Sethbag wrote:I disagree. At least in his reading of the announcement regarding missionary service age, he seemed confused, read the words haltingly and lifelessly, and without seeming to fully engage the materially mentally.

Heck I'm just disapointed he did not moon us, as was expected ... anticlimatic
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Elphaba wrote:When I compare video you linked to the one I've linked below of Monson speaking at the 2011 General Conference, there is a marked difference in his affect as well as his ability to articulate his words.

However, in the 2012 video you provided, he sounds like he had some sort of respiratory problem, such as cold. Perhaps he just wasn't feeling well, which could explain the issues with his affect and pronunciation problems.

Regardless, I think the difference is notable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4rkuKBDg4E

It seems to me that he was having some trouble oxygenating in the 2011 video (mouth breathing) and was showing the same signs in the 2012 video along with some signs of congestive heart failure (coughing, swallowing). This could also effect his speech patterns.

Of course, this diagnosis is dubious since it's just mine.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

RockSlider wrote:

Heck I'm just disapointed he did not moon us, as was expected ... anticlimatic

:lol: Reminds me of two doors of a panel van suddenly opening while driving up State Street back in the day.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE