Peterson, Hamblin, Schryver Online Antics: Request for Help

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Ludd
_Emeritus

Peterson, Hamblin, Schryver Online Antics: Request for Help

Post by _Ludd »

Fellow MDB'ers:

I do not want to reveal my in real life identity, for what I think should be obvious reasons, but there are people I know who I happened to tell that I participate on this board, and so I have had a "special request" made to me by someone who is doing an investigation of the online antics of Daniel Peterson, William Hamblin, and William Schryver, or anyone else associated with FARMS.

As most of you probably know, I have not been here long and I am not very familiar with what those three guys have done in that respect. About three weeks ago, I gave the person asking me for this stuff the link to the Schryver misogyny thread. He emailed me a little while ago saying that they:

… can't use the "Emma Smith is a champion bitch" quote, or the one where he supposedly called a woman a "c***", or the quote from the poster named "WilliamSchryver" (no space between the names). Apparently Schryver has convinced people that those three are forgeries. So we need other things that demonstrate his offensive online behavior. I was told that the quotes contained at the links you sent were "not considered to be offensive enough." They need more and better examples.

They want anything said by Peterson or Hamblin or others associated with F.A.R.M.S. that is similar in nature, or where either of those two have expressed agreement with or support for offensive things Schryver or others have said online.

This is needed absolutely as soon as possible, if you can …

I've been told that this is intended for people "high up the ladder" (what exactly that means, I'm not sure) who are investigating the FARMS shake-up. It isn't clear if the "ladder" he mentioned is at BYU or in SLC.

It should go with out saying that I need URL's for all the examples you give me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ludd
_Bob Loblaw
_Emeritus

Re: Peterson, Hamblin, Schryver Online Antics: Request for H

Post by _Bob Loblaw »

Not offensive enough? :rolleyes:
"It doesn't seem fair, does it Norm--that I should have so much knowledge when there are people in the world that have to go to bed stupid every night." -- Clifford C. Clavin, USPS

"¡No contaban con mi astucia!" -- El Chapulin Colorado
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

B.S.
_Nortinski
_Emeritus

Post by _Nortinski »

Lemme check the tapes. I might have all three of them in a gay orgy in the Celestial Room. :twisted:
The truth is a lot easier to see when you stop assuming you already have it. - Me
_Ludd
_Emeritus

Post by _Ludd »

RockSlider wrote:B.S.

No, this is NOT BS. It sounds very serious to me. Because if you think about it, why would they want this kind of information unless they felt like they needed to make a case to support what was done at the MI with Peterson and his crew? And why would they need to make a case unless the announced decision isn't really a final as everyone has thought it is?

Anyway, I'm just passing on the request made to me because I can't do anymore than I already did. I think all they really need are a few examples showing how these FARMS boys really are when they get online and lose their sense of self-restraint. They just have to be ones that they haven't managed to put some doubt on somehow. I've also heard people talking about Peterson saying sexist or misogynist things. Have those been saved in a post somewhere? And also times where Hamblin has been defending one or both Peterson and Schryver?

I've gotten the impression these guys main defense is just saying that everything that comes out of here is a lie. Just lying apostates making all these things up.
_Cicero
_Emeritus

Post by _Cicero »

Have you read through the two "sticky" links at the top of this forum?
_Phaedrus Ut
_Emeritus

Post by _Phaedrus Ut »

Nice try Gerald Bradford! We're not going to fall for that.
_Bob Loblaw
_Emeritus

Post by _Bob Loblaw »

This makes no sense. Why do they want you to find information they could just as easily find on the Internet? Why would they take Mr. Schryver's word for it that the quotes are forged?

There's a reason he has a reputation for being a dishonest misogynist, and it's not that he's been unfairly maligned. I also heard recently that Schryver has been known to make veiled threats of violence, but others would know more about that than I do.
"It doesn't seem fair, does it Norm--that I should have so much knowledge when there are people in the world that have to go to bed stupid every night." -- Clifford C. Clavin, USPS

"¡No contaban con mi astucia!" -- El Chapulin Colorado
_Ludd
_Emeritus

Post by _Ludd »

Cicero wrote:Have you read through the two "sticky" links at the top of this forum?

The MADHouse quotes one, quite a bit. There are some very, very funny posts. The CFP one, I haven't read much at all of it. Give me an example from it, if you have one in mind.
_Ludd
_Emeritus

Post by _Ludd »

Phaedrus Ut wrote:Nice try Gerald Bradford! We're not going to fall for that.

You have to figure that this information would only be something him or people who support him would want. But I was basically requested to ask publicly for this stuff, if I had to. Just like I did. So whoever really wants it doesn't seem to care that it is known that they want it. I'll bet I'm not the only one who's been asked to provide stuff, if there really is a legitimate reason to want it. Why not ask for it publicly anyway?

And no, I'm not GB.