Why didn't Ann wear her garments...?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_lulu
_Emeritus

Re: Why didn't Ann wear her garments...?

Post by _lulu »

Elphaba wrote:I have a couple of questions. First, are garments fairly standard in length? I know my mother's garments would definitely have shown when sitting down if she had worn Ann's skirt, but my mom is only about 5'5". Is it possible Ann is tall enough that they would not have shown when she sat down?

Second, does the Church approve of adjusting the garments in some way to prevent them from showing? If Ann's height did not ensure the garments would not show when she sat down, it's obvious to me she altered them somehow, such as taping the hems up. In fact, given she was on national television, I would be shocked to discover she didn't take precautions of some short to ensure they did not show. I have no personal objection to that, but it does seem to me something the Church would oppose. I admit, however, I really don't know.

"over the knee cap."

"Do you wear the garment both night and day as instructed in the endowment"
"And the human knew the source of life, the woman of him, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, 'I have procreated a man with Yahweh.'" Gen. 4:1, interior quote translated by D. Bokovoy.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

She might have been wearing garments, hiked up so as not to show.

The real question is why she was not wearing a skirt long enough to cover her knees and the garments without being hiked up?

Is it to 'look of the world' rather than just being in the world?

I think this places Ann clearly in the NOM camp, no TBM would do that.
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

Oh, glad to see a standing pic. She could absolutely wear garmies with that awesome skirt.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_keithb
_Emeritus

Post by _keithb »

selek wrote:Garmies or not, I think she's MILFie. I'd tap that.

Based on her physical characteristics, I concur.

However, I would find her personality to be a turn off.
"Joseph Smith was called as a prophet, dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb" -South Park
_Aristotle Smith
_Emeritus

Post by _Aristotle Smith »

She's 5 feet 8 inches. That puts her on the taller side and makes the standard issue more likely to fit shorter on her.

Translation: there's no way to tell if she is wearing them or not.
_Tchild
_Emeritus

Post by _Tchild »

why me wrote:She is wearing garments. Garments do not come down to the floor.

I don't think so. When I would go to a dance, I would have to roll them up when I wore shorts, and my shorts were longer than hers, plus I am 6'3"

No garments there, or, they are rolled up or altered.
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

If a woman turned up on Sunday to Sacrament Meeting wearing that outfit would it be considered acceptable?
(ignoring the bling)
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

A woman could totally wear this to church.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

just me wrote:Image

A woman could totally wear this to church.

Immodest clothing is any clothing that is tight, sheer, or revealing in any other manner. Young women should avoid short shorts and short skirts, shirts that do not cover the stomach, and clothing that does not cover the shoulders or is low-cut in the front or the back. Young men should also maintain modesty in their appearance. Young men and young women should be neat and clean and avoid being extreme or inappropriately casual in clothing, hairstyle, and behavior. They should choose appropriately modest apparel when participating in sports. The fashions of the world will change, but the Lord’s standards will not change.

Check your wardrobe to be sure all your clothes are modest. Place a chair in front of a mirror at home. Have each family member sit in the chair and decide how to be modest in dress or posture.
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

Drifting, which rule is she breaking?