Why didn't Ann wear her garments...?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_angsty
_Emeritus

Re: Why didn't Ann wear her garments...?

Post by _angsty »

I'm really not sure what the hubbub is about Ann Romney's wardrobe choices. Women don't come in standard sizes or proportions (duh). Garments fit different body types differently. I don't see anything immodest here by LDS standards. Hell, her skirt is knee length. how risque is that? Should she wear a burka?

When I wore G's properly, I didn't have to tuck or roll to wear shorter skirts than that. They just didn't fit me that way. If i had gotten the 'long' sizes, they wouldn't have fit my torso because I'm just not tall-waisted. Plus I'm not tall at all, or particularly long in the femur. They just didn't end up being down to the knee. I could have worn fairly low-cut tops as well, just because I had big boobs and a smaller frame, and that's just how the necklines worked.

I just don't see anything to criticize here, and believe me, I wouldn't hold back if I could. That all being said, I'm glad no one thinks my underwear choices are their business these days. That's just bizarre.
_kairos
_Emeritus

Post by _kairos »

let's see 5'8" about 150 lbs, too light for a green bay linebacker-great smile, coping with ms, great mom, great first lady!

jut sayin

k
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

The discussion point being that in the image where Ann sits on the couch, her skirt rides up to the point you can clearly see half way up her thigh. This would reveal her temple garments unless she has altered them, rolled the legs up or not put them on. All of which are considered unacceptable within Mormonism. Showing half your thigh during Sacrament meeting is also considered unacceptable and immodest within Mormonism.

This is a lady who, as part of her husbands effort to become President, is extolling the virtues of Mormonism.

That's a little two faced in my humble opinion.

On a personal basis I think she looks fantastic.
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_annalaurab
_Emeritus

Post by _annalaurab »

She is wearing them. Here is how I can tell. First off I'm 6 ft 2 and even though I wear the long/tall ones they still only come about 3 inches above my knees. They are short on me. Second if you view the video of her sitting down in full screen you can very lightly if you know what you are looking for see the line where they are and it's about 1.5 inches above where her skirt cuts off, in any case this really isn't any of our business, I just had to come to her defense.
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

she could also be wearing Spanx over the top of them.

A lady in my ward wore spandex bike shorts under her skirt (tighter and a bit shorter than Ann's) so that when it rode up you saw the black shorts peeking out and not garments. I thought that was interesting.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Drifting
_Emeritus

Post by _Drifting »

Okay, I will gracefully (disgracefully?) accept that perhaps Ann is wearing garments and I was wrong. Apologies.
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

Now you are all famous for being petty.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

SteelHead wrote:Now you are all famous for being petty.

At least I got my 5 minutes. :lol: