Regarding liz3564 and a CALL FOR MODERATORS

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Yoda

Re: Regarding liz3564 and a CALL FOR MODERATORS

Post by _Yoda »

Kishkumen wrote:
liz3564 wrote:Kish, had Scratch not been so hateful to me in a thread I created as a means to respect non-derailment of his thread, I would agree with you.

Even someone like myself, who tries to maintain the peace, can only be pushed so far.

You voluntarily resigned as moderator. At the same time, it was your own violation of the rules as moderator that made it imperative that you resign. Has Scratch been pushing you? Yes. Still, I don't see the point in you acting as though you remained an innocent victim in all of this. You took your shot, had your swipe, and now it is over. Let's move on.

I did not break the rules. I have Shades' support in that. Read the OP. He would have liked to have had me stay on as a Moderator. I stepped down because of "all of the Hullabaloo", to quote you on another thread.

I had simply had enough.

Do I honestly think that Scratch would turn his nose up at my help? Yes. Do I think he would be a logical choice for Moderator due to his obvious influence on the board? Yes. Do I think he will vounteer for the role? No, because he prefers to keep his influence "behind the scenes".

I will be happy to help whomever else Shades chooses, if they have questions about the software.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

MCB wrote:Liz, I also appreciate your work as moderator. It has to be a tough job, mediating among the personalities and beliefs of the various participants.

Thanks, MCB. I appreciate it. :smile:
_Hoops
_Emeritus

Post by _Hoops »

?
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hey Liz :smile:
liz3564 wrote:
I will be happy to help whomever else Shades chooses, if they have questions about the software.

I have a question about the software used here.

If we were able to go back and see 530 million years ago (The Cambrian period), did our beloved ancestors (Great Aunt and/or Uncle Trilobite) use this very same software? Or did they use something a little less complicated?

Peace,
Ceeboo
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

liz3564 wrote:I did not break the rules.

At what point in time does revealing the assumed in real life of another poster not constitute a violation of the rules, at least in spirit?

I don't have to agree with Shades' interpretation of the rules.

liz3564 wrote:I stepped down because of "all of the Hullabaloo", to quote you on another thread.

Yes, and the more I think about it, the more I realize it was a good idea for you to step down. It seems to me that you do not meet Shades qualifications for his next choice of moderator. You intended to reveal in real life information about Doctor Scratch, and you did not take appropriate action against Doctor Scratch when he did so.

What is worse, however, is that, although you are a moderator here, you have set up a staging ground for board warfare at your own private board. I understand that this was not what it was intended to be, but it has, unfortunately, devolved into such. Otherwise we would not be here with you posting possible in real life information to use against other posters on this board, which was collected on your other board.

liz3564 wrote:I had simply had enough.

Evidently. And you violated the spirit of the rules.

liz3564 wrote:Do I honestly think that Scratch would turn his nose up at my help? Yes. Do I think he would be a logical choice for Moderator due to his obvious influence on the board? Yes. Do I think he will vounteer for the role? No, because he prefers to keep his influence "behind the scenes".

Persisting in this vein just makes you look silly. No one thinks your suggestion is genuine. This is just sour grapes a la Daniel Peterson's passive aggression.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Ceeboo wrote:Hey Liz :smile:
liz3564 wrote:

I have a question about the software used here.

If we were able to go back and see 530 million years ago (The Cambrian period), did our beloved ancestors (Great Aunt and/or Uncle Trilobite) use this very same software? Or did they use something a little less complicated?

Peace,
Ceeboo

LOL! I imagine they used something less complicated. :lol:
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Kish wrote: No one thinks your suggestion is genuine.

I'm sorry you feel that way.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Post by _Ceeboo »

Hoops wrote:?

Hoops returns to the MDB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SWEEEEEEET!!!!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

GREAT to see your return, Brother and Friend! :smile:

Peace,
Ceeboo
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Kish wrote:I don't have to agree with Shades' interpretation of the rules.

Well, it is his board.

As far as your other allegations, I did not clamour around on my private board, gathering in real life information on Scratch, or anyone else.

I have spelled out my exact part in everything ad nauseum.,..on multiple thread on this forum.

My private board was not created as some sort of war board against MDB or any other board.

Again, you are attempting to second guess my thought process and put words in my mouth.

I would appreciate it if you knocked it off.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

liz3564 wrote:Well, it is his board.

And last time I checked, I am still allowed to express my own opinions.

liz3564 wrote:As far as your other allegations, I did not clamour around on my private board, gathering in real life information on Scratch, or anyone else.

Well, given the fact that it has become a haven for apologists and discontents, it will be difficult to take your word for what is going on there.

liz3564 wrote:My private board was not created as some sort of war board against MDB or any other board.

Nor did I say that it was.

liz3564 wrote:Again, you are attempting to second guess my thought process and put words in my mouth.

I would appreciate it if you knocked it off.

No, I am not. I think you should reread my post more carefully. I can't help the fact that your decision to turn a board that was, at its inception, a haven for relaxed conversation for participants in this board, into a place where people could gather to slag on MDB and its participants.

You chose to invite people like Pahoran. There is really only one kind of impression that would give. And what do you know? Pahoran was the source of the erroneous intelligence that was used to accuse Chino Blanco of being Scratch. That does look like the staging of a board war from your private board.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist