Regarding liz3564 and a CALL FOR MODERATORS

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Re: Regarding liz3564 and a CALL FOR MODERATORS

Post by _Markk »

Kishkumen wrote:
Stormy Waters wrote:I have to say that after five years of providing these services for the board I don't think there is reason to doubt she would be willing to assist her successor.

Uh, Stormy, I was referring to her snarky suggestion that Doctor Scratch become moderator because, as she alleges, he runs the board anyway. Well, you don't say that kind of thing if you like the board and wish it well. You say that kind of thing when you are very angry and you want to take a swipe.

Or if it has some truth behind it...who "molds" the way the board goes? Dr Scratch is the DCP of this board (no reflection on his character )...also,look how many posts you have...certain people shape these types of boards and they have sidekicks...I think you can name the superheros of this board and who the side kicks are. All other are merely nomads or honorary superheros who stop by once in a while.

LoL...I believe what I wrote actually makes sense, at least to this nomad (token evangelical).
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Hoops
_Emeritus

Post by _Hoops »

Stormy Waters wrote:
Hoops wrote:?

Nice to see you Hoops.

Hey, Stormy. How've you been?
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

liz3564 wrote:Actually, I think that Scratch should be the next Moderator. Don't you think he, and the other posters here, would genuinely be happy with that appointment?

And your suggestion is transparently disingenuous. You think he should be moderator because you believe it would be a disaster for the board. Because I happen to like the board, I don't want Scratch or anyone connected closely with him to be moderator. I don't think I should be a moderator.

One of the problems here is that you got too close to the other side. Which is not good either.

liz3564 wrote:Am I angry that he has been trying to force me out of the Moderator Team for years? You bet I am! Wouldn't you be?

Yes. I also wish that you had simply reprimanded Scratch, removed the in real life information he had posted, and had not proceeded to post the Chino Blanco stuff.

liz3564 wrote:Well, I am resigned to the fact that he has succeeded. So, let him have a chance to be in the thick of it. Maybe then, he will have some empathy of the kind of crap I put up with.

Yeah, well, I am not interested in Scratch learning such a lesson, and it is a moot point anyway.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_cafe crema
_Emeritus

Post by _cafe crema »

Hi Hoops
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Kish, do you feel that Scratch being a Moderator would be a disaster for the board? You seem to think I feel that way.

If you do feel that Scratch would be a disaster as a Moderator for the board, why do you feel that way?
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

liz3564 wrote:Kish, do you feel that Scratch being a Moderator would be a disaster for the board? You seem to think I feel that way.

If you do feel that Scratch would be a disaster as a Moderator for the board, why do you feel that way?

Don't feign fatuity. These are all stupid questions that are only posed as some kind of lame, pseudo-pedagogical gesture. Shades' help-wanted stipulations make it perfectly clear that he does not think anyone deeply ensconced in one "side" should be chosen as moderator. If you think so highly of his opinion regarding "his board," then you shouldn't even make such a suggestion.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Stormy Waters

Post by _Stormy Waters »

Hoops wrote:Hey, Stormy. How've you been?

Pretty good. How about yourself?

Are you going to run for moderator?
_brade
_Emeritus

Post by _brade »

This post is me elevating my post count so I can be eligible.
_MCB
_Emeritus

Post by _MCB »

If you have ever registered under another entity, you can claim it or them, they can evaluate them for consistency, and add their counts into it. :wink:
Huckelberry said:
I see the order and harmony to be the very image of God which smiles upon us each morning as we awake.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/a ... cc_toc.htm
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

brade wrote:This post is me elevating my post count so I can be eligible.

Brade, as well as Stormy, would be great choices!!!!

Besides Brade has been around long enough that post count should not be an issue for him, we all know who he is.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."